The ATM (8/4)

View as article
steve carrell anchorman GIF by FirstAndMonday
WE DEMAND AN ADMISSION OF GUILT

33B594B7-C474-4B01-ACE0-A22443153583.png

Advertisement
The expectations were set by our “insiders” who are all just jock sniffers. I can end all of the mystery around UM recruiting right now.

UM will continue to get the scraps leftover by Bama/OSU/UGA. Anyone they really want, they’ll really get. College football is getting old because I’m tired of everyone else getting scraps and playing to see who the best loser is…

Advertisement
The expectations were set by our “insiders” who are all just jock sniffers. I can end all of the mystery around UM recruiting right now.

UM will continue to get the scraps leftover by Bama/OSU/UGA. Anyone they really want, they’ll really get. College football is getting old because I’m tired of everyone else getting scraps and playing to see who the best loser is…
The unfortunate reality is that many schools in the Power 5 can be Alabama, Ohio State, or Georgia...****, Georgia just got to the party.

Everyone knows what the price of the brick is and if you don't, you can easily find out. Who is willing to foot the bill for the operation? Those schools gladly and willingly foot the bill to provide the product you see today. Beneath them are just a bunch of programs that try and get to that level by nickel and dime'ing it. Like us. Those programs tend to be a mess. Or, they realize there is a cap and work within their means and accept getting to a bowl game or winning their division or beating their rivals or winning the occasional conference championship or just having fun seasons. Those teams seem like a much less stressful fandom. But that isn't us. We strive to be Alabama, and we just try and nickel and dime it like we're UCLA or Auburn or Texas or pick your favorite pretender.

But...anybody can do it. Its not hard. Someone just has to give enough of a **** to foot the bill or facilitate the bill getting paid.

To me, that is the most frustrating thing...its not that we get the scraps...I could handle that. Its not like Alabama, Ohio State or Georgia are weeping when they lose a recruit to one another. They'll just go get another one. Nevermind losing a recruit to a team like us...lmfao...who cares? For us...being willing to get those scraps and wanting those scraps because you're just unwilling to get more...that's frustrating. We have willfully been **** for so long, man.

My hope is that with the new people in the place...they at least understand the price of the brick. Depending on the day, I go between willful negligence or ignorance as for our terrible time over the past 20. I can move forward knowing its not due to ignorance at the moment...these guys KNOW.

The unfortunate reality is that many schools in the Power 5 can be Alabama, Ohio State, or Georgia...****, Georgia just got to the party.

Everyone knows what the price of the brick is and if you don't, you can easily find out. Who is willing to foot the bill for the operation? Those schools gladly and willingly foot the bill to provide the product you see today. Beneath them are just a bunch of programs that try and get to that level by nickel and dime'ing it. Like us. Those programs tend to be a mess. Or, they realize there is a cap and work within their means and accept getting to a bowl game or winning their division or beating their rivals or winning the occasional conference championship or just having fun seasons. Those teams seem like a much less stressful fandom. But that isn't us. We strive to be Alabama, and we just try and nickel and dime it like we're UCLA or Auburn or Texas or pick your favorite pretender.

But...anybody can do it. Its not hard. Someone just has to give enough of a **** to foot the bill or facilitate the bill getting paid.

To me, that is the most frustrating thing...its not that we get the scraps...I could handle that. Its not like Alabama, Ohio State or Georgia are weeping when they lose a recruit to one another. They'll just go get another one. Nevermind losing a recruit to a team like us...lmfao...who cares? For us...being willing to get those scraps and wanting those scraps because you're just unwilling to get more...that's frustrating. We have willfully been **** for so long, man.

My hope is that with the new people in the place...they at least understand the price of the brick. Depending on the day, I go between willful negligence or ignorance as for our terrible time over the past 20. I can move forward knowing its not due to ignorance at the moment...these guys KNOW.
Hope is a dangerous thing. I’ve all but lost it. I used to fish quite often and stopped when my dad got sick and to watch Canes games with him. My dad isn’t around anymore, so my closeness to the program is diminishing slowly but surely. I’ll always be a Canes fan, but I know deep down that it’s not going to happen for us again. The sooner we all accept this, the easier this place will be to handle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back