The ATM (8/4)

View as article
Mesidor, Jackson, Agude and Caleb Johnson will be a big help along the front 7. I think we are deeper and better there than last year alone. I also expect the OL to be better because it's Mirabal coaching. That alone makea this a better team. Not to mention other intangibles like better all around coaches, sports science , S/C , discipline( dont expect us to suck at tackling).
Simply having Diaz no longer running the defense makes UM a better team. Having Steele there with Strong rather than Patke. Just slightly improving tackling would be an achievement ... but what they are doing revamping the scheme and TEACHING not just tackling by how to shed blocks more effectively and be more effective ... should pay huge dividends in every single game.

Advertisement
Only reason i say A&M doesn’t whoop us is cause idk there qb situation and jimbo offense doesn’t run the score up like a bama would. Clemson defense will be a serious issue, they’re better than A&M but I can see that one being more competitive because we’ll be settled in as a team when that game happens but they will too lol
They have an excellent QB in their transfer ... Max Johnson. They have talent on that roster. A lot of pundits expect this to be Jimbo's break out season. But that's what they said about Richt's team when we went to play LSU.

You guys all make very valid points which are causing me to temper my expectations and be significantly more reasonable…..14-1 with our lone loss to Clemson that we avenge in the ACCCG on our way to curb stomping Bama for #6 (really 7)

I didn’t say we were going to suck, I didn’t say we were going to lose every game & I didn’t say we shouldn’t be optimistic & feel good about the future, I literally said the opposite...

All I suggested was to be a little reasonable & measured & somehow I’m the bad guy?

Yall are literally arguing against being reasonable, like think about that for a second...

😂😂😂
Let me take some of that reasonable heat off you El.

I always try and take a reasonable view of the expectations for our team.

I believe it’s reasonable to expect improvement in areas that were less than stellar the last few years if for no other reason because of the upgrade in the coaching staff. How much the improvement will be is yet to be determined.

I believe it’s reasonable to believe there are several ? In a couple position groups due to the recent past history of performance.

I believe it’s reasonable to expect a record of 9-3 and anything better than that is gravy and due to the upgrade in coaching.

Being reasonable keeps me from having to eat crow.

Advertisement
They have an excellent QB in their transfer ... Max Johnson. They have talent on that roster. A lot of pundits expect this to be Jimbo's break out season. But that's what they said about Richt's team when we went to play LSU.
Snoop Dogg Lol GIF

Advertisement
I've predicted 9-3 with only 2 ACC losses which could put us in the ACCCG. if that's the case it would be a tremendously successful,improvement and season. 9-3 isn't so bad.
If we went 8-4 and made the ACCCG that’d be a win in my book. Barring Pitt or someone going 11-1 or 10-2 an appearance should be the minimum goal of this season.

On paper TAMU is probably better than they’ll end up record wise. Fortunately we get them early and that QB situation is questionable. It’ll be more manageable since that offense isn’t that explosive.

Advertisement
Bottom line is we have equal or better talent at every position that we had last year (except maybe WR) but our coaching is miles ahead. Just think of the added improvement we should have on D due to the coaching and transfers? There should be a significant improvement on the field. Our 3 ACC losses were by a combined 8 points. If we win those we're 10-2 last year. With Manny Diaz and all that subpar talent and subpar coaching. When you significantly improve every single position coach on the staff and add the strength and support staff we've added, there has to be a significant improvement on the field as well. 10-2 is a reasonable expectation.

If we went 8-4 and made the ACCCG that’d be a win in my book. Barring Pitt or someone going 11-1 or 10-2 an appearance should be the minimum goal of this season.

9-3. 8-4 doesn’t win the coastal. Can’t lose 3 games in the coastal and win that side. 2 losses max and that may be risky depending on who the losses are to. Mario needs to win the coastal. No excuses

9-3. 8-4 doesn’t win the coastal. Can’t lose 3 games in the coastal and win that side. 2 losses max and that may be risky depending on who the losses are to. Mario needs to win the coastal. No excuses
It probably doesn’t but I’m saying the only way an 8-4 season is a success is if they back into winning the coastal.

Advertisement
I agree looking at Pitts schedule I don't see to many ACC L's.

It probably doesn’t but I’m saying the only way an 8-4 season is a success is if they back into winning the coastal.

If take 8-4 if it won the coastal I guess. Mario has to win the coastal. The fact Miami has sucked so bad it can’t win the ****** coastal only 1 time for 15 years is absolutely embarrassing. That should be an almost guarantee each year no excuses. That’s the first step for Mario to compete

**** $500k NIL deals.

Commit to the U, move to Miami, become a content creator, go fishing with Miami legends, post on YouTube channel, makes millions upon millions that can stay with you for your life with continued content creation.
I like the way you think. That’s a solid post. He’d be smart to take your advice. It’s very doable.

Texas a&m lost most of their production on defense, they are 91st in returning D production. They are 84th overall. Most of their talent are underclassmen. I also do not trust their coaching staff. Why? They lost to Miss St at home, Beat Colorado 10-7....dont care if they needed the backup QB, so did we, and they lost to a HC less LSU. Thats some Manny Diaz behaviour and a reason they keep losing 4 games. People remember the Bama game but that was a 1 off, they also lost to Arkansas and Ole Miss soundly.

The game will be tough no doubt about it. But its a toss up for me. Jimbo is living off what he did at FSU. He has been nothing short of average at Texas A&M.

Advertisement
Back