The ATM (8/4)

View as article
Advertisement
I just don’t understand how people have the energy to go up and down every single day like this board does

It’s gotta be cocaine right?
Lines Coke GIF

I expect 8-4 or maybe 9-3 and a final recruiting class ranked around #10 but I do see a path to 10 wins and top 5 finish in recruiting. I don't understand whats wrong with being hopeful as long as you are still grounded in reality. Some of you guys must be a blast at parties

The difference with the Gator is that they don't hope for those things, they fully expect it to happen even though there is no logical reason that it would.

Advertisement
Sure I can; yall said the exact same thing in 2016 when Richt got here lol

I don’t have an issue with being optimistic & feeling good about the future, but yall always go way overboard & leave the bounds of reality because yall just don’t think clearly in the offseason. Trust me I understand it, it’s just you’d think Canes fans of all people would have learned by now that being reasonable & measured is probably better than taking the scenic route lol

Richt’s first year is a good reason to be bullish on this year’s squad.

Went 9-4 with Cement Shoes Brad at QB.

Only reason we lost UNC and ND was because Richt was clinging to the under center offense. If he cuts Brad loose, we win 10 regular season games.

Richt, the tired coach coach on cruise control trying to be an oc. Baby Jorn pretending to be a D1 football coach. Donk riding, block first Dugans.

We got last year’s Broyle’s winner running this offense and one of the best, most complete young quarterbacks in the country.

Our head coach is seasoned, proven, and hungry. Most of all, he is competent. We may drop some flukes but it isn’t wishful thinking to predict 10 wins.

I expect 8-4 or maybe 9-3 and a final recruiting class ranked around #10 but I do see a path to 10 wins and top 5 finish in recruiting. I don't understand whats wrong with being hopeful as long as you are still grounded in reality. Some of you guys must be a blast at parties

The difference with the Gator is that they don't hope for those things, they fully expect it to happen even though there is no logical reason that it would.
Not necessarily disagreeing with you; but give me your 4 losses?

I'll take it a step further. Do we get embarrassed by Clemson/Tex A&M or do we compete for 4 qtrs?
Only reason i say A&M doesn’t whoop us is cause idk there qb situation and jimbo offense doesn’t run the score up like a bama would. Clemson defense will be a serious issue, they’re better than A&M but I can see that one being more competitive because we’ll be settled in as a team when that game happens but they will too lol

I was 8-4 until the added depth on dline from the portal, ill say 9-3 now.
I think 8-4 needs to be the floor of this team. There’s definitely holes on this roster but the schedule is still pretty weak outside of Clemson and maybe TAMU. Every other game should be in our favor or at a minimum a toss up. I’m leaning 10 wins with the bowl. Just need to show Mario has the needle going up.

Advertisement
Only reason i say A&M doesn’t whoop us is cause idk there qb situation and jimbo offense doesn’t run the score up like a bama would. Clemson defense will be a serious issue, they’re better than A&M but I can see that one being more competitive because we’ll be settled in as a team when that game happens but they will too lol
Not losing by 30+ would be an upgrade from last 5 coaches.

Advertisement
Not necessarily disagreeing with you; but give me your 4 losses?
@Clemson and @A&M will be tough, thats 2. Then I could see them going 5-2 or maybe 6-1 in the rest of the ACC schedule. Pitts going to be solid, at VT is never easy, Virginia has Armstrong and gets us at their place, Carolina has recruited better classes than us over the past 4 years. Even if we are favored in every one of those games the odds say we don't win them all. Not like we have Alabama or Georgia talent and we can just roll everyone just by getting out of bed in the morning.

And I also said I see a path to 10 wins so I am not throwing out the possibility, I just don't see it as the most likely outcome.

Advertisement
I think 8-4 needs to be the floor of this team. There’s definitely holes on this roster but the schedule is still pretty weak outside of Clemson and maybe TAMU. Every other game should be in our favor or at a minimum a toss up. I’m leaning 10 wins with the bowl. Just need to show Mario has the needle going up.
I agree but i dont think we have been or are good enough to say our schedule is weak. I think we have a good season and the program is trending up thats what matters most to me

Advertisement
Back