The ATM (8/4)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Just got back from vacation and am still digging up stuff for a full-blown Bank. There will be plenty on the way with camp kicking off and the recruiting plan being set for the next phase of the calendar. Until then, here are a couple things to hold everyone over:

- Last week on the Bank, I mentioned a surprise on the OL. That was Connor Lew (Kennesaw, GA). Miami has quietly felt good on this one for a while. I expect Miami to be the pick tomorrow.

- I would not rule out Jayden Bonsu (Hillside, NJ) despite the wave of Crystal Balls to Ohio State. There is a pulse here. Ten days is an eternity in this era and this is a kid who has changed his mind several times.

- WR Jurrion ****ey (East Palo Alto, CA) had a busy week meeting the mayors of Miami and Coral Gables and catching nurse sharks, yellowtails and peacock bass. He is all about relationships, and the key will be building that relationship with him and his family over time. Don't pay too much attention to public statements- recruits generally don't want hyperactive fanbases all over them with negative energy. The key is to watch his official visits in the fall. I have reason to believe Miami is a real challenger to Oregon. It should also be noted that he is starting a Fishing YouTube channel. Please show support when it drops if you are into that kind of content.

- Communication is going well with DE Damon Wilson (Venice). He is responsive and positive about the Canes, and he already has his OV to Alabama in the rearview. Don't read too much into his early exit from the BBQ- he spent a ton of unreported time with the staff before then. Location could play a role here.

- Here's one thing to keep in mind regarding the "second wave": it will really get rolling when Miami starts putting a product on the field. The internal expectation is a Top 3-type class because the staff expects a good season. A kid like Hykeem Williams (Stranahan) was specifically mentioned as someone who may not communicate as frequently as other recruits but will be at nearly every home game. That is our best recruiting pitch. DE Reuben Bain (Central) is another name who may take a while with his recruitment. It is by no means a layup and Alabama is in the mix.

- Miami will continue recruiting WR Andy Jean (Northwestern). People close to that recruitment thought it was Miami a couple weeks ago, but he is new to the recruiting process and Florida was able to make its move. They are desperate to reverse their bad momentum.

- The best aspect of the BBQ was strengthening the bond of our commitments. TE Jackson Carver (Minnesota) has led the charge of keeping everyone in communication. The word is that this is a high-character group. It was very important to show a good time to Robbie Washington (Palmetto) and he appears locked in. Some consider him the best player in South Florida.

- Be on the lookout for potential reclassifications from the 2024 class. Some may be significant and directly impact our 2023 class. Nothing done but inquiries are being made.

Advertisement
Simon Cowell Reaction GIF by America's Got Talent

Great work on the title

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks for the write up D, love these kind of updates as they give a general pulse and no definitives which keeps my internal recruiting addict in check.

Advertisement
Excellent work, DMoney.

“…the staff expects a good season.”

I kept telling y’all the staff likes this team. Just listen too the way they talk about the players.

They weren’t heavy in the portal because they thought we were complete dog ****. They were in the to build depth and competition because they understand the magnitude of the opportunity before them. With hard work, discipline, and some luck, we can be in the playoffs. They stacked the roster as best they could on short notice to compete with the likes of aTm, Clemson, Bama, and UGA at the highest level possible.

For those who want to cry that aTm or some other hick school doesn’t need wins, remember we don’t match that gameday atmosphere YET. We have underutilized some of our guys. It MATTERS. Let’s show up and show out and be the loudest rowdiest lunatics in college football. This team will earn it. This staff will harness every bit of this team’s talent.

Advertisement
Back