The ATM (8/4)

View as article
Advertisement
Plenty of skinny guys have started at qb. He’s nowhere as under weight as other qbs. And they were taller. Kosi was a literal stick.
Don’t forget about Jacory or the dude from FSU that we nearly broke in half.

Our offensive line sucks lol y’all boys tripping if y’all think we gonna beat Clemson with these boys I ain’t getting fooled nomore by off-season hype with them until Mario recruits come and get developed
Sucks is just not factual. The Ol improved dramatically the second half of the season. Especially pass blocking and the grades showed that. Run blocking was the issue. Adding Mario and Mirabal automatically improves that department.

Plenty of skinny guys have started at qb. He’s nowhere as under weight as other qbs. And they were taller. Kosi was a literal stick.

Listened to a few pods this off-season, the buzz around Klubnik isn’t quite as loud as it was for Trevor the summer of his freshman year. Now, we’re comparing him to the #1 pick in the draft and one of the best HS prospects ever. So nobody is saying he can’t play nor won’t be good, especially by the time we come to town. Just saying, from what I’ve heard, everyone knew Trevor was the messiah and Bryant was just holding a spot till he was ready. They are not quite saying that yet about Klubnik and DJ. We’ll see. If anyone saying Clemson won’t be tough this year they should be flogged. The last time we played them they made us look like literal boys. I was there. It was embarrassingly one-sided from a physical standpoint. Not sure 2 years removed from that and only half a season with a new staff closes that gap very much. They’re still REALLY good, especially on the defensive line.

Advertisement
Listened to a few pods this off-season, the buzz around Klubnik isn’t quite as loud as it was for Trevor the summer of his freshman year. Now, we’re comparing him to the #1 pick in the draft and one of the best HS prospects ever. So nobody is saying he can’t play nor won’t be good, especially by the time we come to town. Just saying, from what I’ve heard, everyone knew Trevor was the messiah and Bryant was just holding a spot till he was ready. They are not quite saying that yet about Klubnik and DJ. We’ll see. If anyone saying Clemson won’t be tough this year they should be flogged. The last time we played them they made us look like literal boys. I was there. It was embarrassingly one-sided from a physical standpoint. Not sure 2 years removed from that and only half a season with a new staff closes that gap very much. They’re still REALLY good, especially on the defensive line.
I compared the situations. An upperclassman that struggled passing the ball going into the new season with a young, highly rated qb coming in to push him. It’s a complete team minus the question at qb.

I compared the situations. An upperclassman that struggled passing the ball going into the new season with a young, highly rated qb coming in to push him. It’s a complete team minus the question at qb.
I think some are selling DJ short he was the #1 QB a few years back. He had terrible year but Idk if they are ready to call him washed yet. It's very possible he has a bounce back year.

Our 1st half schedule was a lot tougher than our 2nd half schedule.
Dude we couldn’t pass block against scrub teams the last few years. Do you actually watch film ? Did you see the group actually start playing as one, as a unit? It was night and day differed. The communication and handing guys off improved. Especially after the change at center. Before that we had issues blocking app state for christ sake lol . Plus King caused a bunch of sacks by leaving the pocket early , rolling out right into pressure , or just holding on to the ball too long. I posted this during the season.

I do agree with you was just passing along another opinion put the best player on the field no matter what

Advertisement
I think some are selling DJ short he was the #1 QB a few years back. He had terrible year but Idk if they are ready to call him washed yet. It's very possible he has a bounce back year.
All we can go on is his on field play when he started and it was god awful. Our fans like to defend a guy elsewhere when he sucked but trash our guys and say “ show me on the field, until then he sucks”.

Sucks is just not factual. The Ol improved dramatically the second half of the season. Especially pass blocking and the grades showed that. Run blocking was the issue. Adding Mario and Mirabal automatically improves that department.
I watched us turn fsu defensive end into a first round pick bro Im sorry and will Anderson is still terrorizing scaife. We definitely do ok against ****** teams but im talking against big time players like A&M and Clemson have that’s when it matters most that’s why we keep getting the doors blown off us in these games I’ll wait until I see them actually help us move the ball in big games before I say there solid.

Dude we couldn’t pass block against scrub teams the last few years. Do you actually watch film ? Did you see the group actually start playing as one, as a unit? It was night and day differed. The communication and handing guys off improved. Especially after the change at center. Before that we had issues blocking app state for christ sake lol . Plus King caused a bunch of sacks by leaving the pocket early , rolling out right into pressure , or just holding on to the ball too long. I posted this during the season.
I didn't say it was the only reason but playing all the bottom feeders of the ACC certainly contributed to players grades. Are you implying this is a stronger schedule?

NC State (9-3)
Pitt (10-2)
GT (3-9)
FSU (5-7) Johnson still murdered OL
VT (6-6)
Duke (3-9)

Advertisement
I watched us turn fsu defensive end into a first round pick bro Im sorry and will Anderson is still terrorizing scaife. We definitely do ok against ****** teams but im talking against big time players like A&M and Clemson have that’s when it matters most that’s why we keep getting the doors blown off us in these games I’ll wait until I see them actually help us move the ball in big games before I say there solid.
You mean an ol had bad moments against first round pick edge rushers? One was the first game of the year, the other near the end of the year.

The second half of the year the Ol played well pass blocking, thats just facts.Film shows that and so does analytics.

Clemson had a bad year and a ton of injuries yet they still hit double figures in wins. I’m not ready to kick dirt on them yet. They’ll be a problem.
They’re 11/1 to win it. Vegas thinks they’re great but not elite. They certainly are trending down. Not saying they won’t win the ACC this year but I think their best days are behind them & the wise guys kind of agree.

Advertisement
I didn't say it was the only reason but playing all the bottom feeders of the ACC certainly contributed to players grades. Are you implying this is a stronger schedule?

NC State (9-3)
Pitt (10-2)
GT (3-9)
FSU (5-7) Johnson still murdered OL
VT (6-6)
Duke (3-9)
What the **** does that half to do with anything ? We couldn’t pass block against any team the last few years. From CMU to Duke. That schedule is still power five programs we’ve struggled with previous years.

If you didn’t see a huge improvement pass blocking by the Ol unit the second half of the year you‘re either negative or know nada about football. Some people can’t separate pass blocking from run blocking.

You mean an ol had bad moments against first round pick edge rushers? One was the first game of the year, the other near the end of the year.

The second half of the year the Ol played well pass blocking, thats just facts.Film shows that and so does analytics.
Johnson terrorized us bruh and We struggled with Michigan state to and app state and Virginia I respect your opinion for sure but I know what I saw and these guys are average at best until proven other wise and I’m not willing to put money on us because of our lines lack of push against real competition.

Clemson believes the new DC was the brains and is better than Venables. The defense is stacked and the best defense in the country… Idc who is qb, they don’t have any playmakers on the outside. Their oline is average at best and will try to run the football down teams throats once again. Are they beatable? Yes. Will we beat them? Unlikely.

I smell *****
You Dont Say Stand Up GIF

Advertisement
Back