The ATM (8/4)

View as article
I like our odds against TAMU more. I believe Clemson will be close to their old selves. I see another Bryant / Lawrence situation setting up there.

Exactly. This is Jimbo we're playing. Home game for him, but Jimbo can be had more so than Dabo -

I still hope we warm up while playing "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow. Jimbo would blow an O-ring.

Advertisement
I agree with this. Clemson is the school that have been kicking our *** badly. I think we have not scored an offense TD in our last 3 meetings with 3 different coordinator ( maybe 1 ..58-0, 38-3 & 42-17). However, different U and different Coach/Staff leading me to think we finally put some points on them and put up a fight for 4 quarters.
Clemson had a bad year and a ton of injuries yet they still hit double figures in wins. I’m not ready to kick dirt on them yet. They’ll be a problem.

I think we could catch Clemson this year. In years past, coaching was the biggest reason we lost. They just confused our guys with alignments and trick plays. Of course that wasn’t the only reason we lost, but it was a big one. I think this year, Miami has a better coaching staff than Clemson top to bottom. I think we play more disciplined and tough and mistake free, so we’ll be in the game throughout.

Advertisement
Clemson has not lost at home since November 12, 2016. It is not impossible to win there (and I will be there in the flesh to root like **** for a W), but it is unrealistic to expect to win that game as of now.

I would be happy with 9-3 (make that 10-2 if we beat A&M). Anything better than that would be absolute gravy.

Clemson has not lost at home since November 12, 2016. It is not impossible to win there (and I will be there in the flesh to root like **** for a W), but it is unrealistic to expect to win that game as of now.

I would be happy with 9-3. Anything better than that would be absolute gravy.
Yeah if I remember that loss was to pitt not to mention we beat both teams that beat them last year my point is they can be beaten at home if the opposing team has been coached up and has a good game plan

Advertisement
I like our odds against TAMU more. I believe Clemson will be close to their old selves. I see another Bryant / Lawrence situation setting up there.
Got a buddy who is Clem alumn and spent some time around players this summer we spoke last week he said klubnik is waaaaay under weight and physically doesn't look ready to play this season

All the talent they’ve brought in under jimbo is gonna pop sooner or later, it’s just their in a tuff division and having some bumps in the road
I want them popping at the end of the season
Jimbo barely hung on to beat golden teams

Clemson had a bad year and a ton of injuries yet they still hit double figures in wins. I’m not ready to kick dirt on them yet. They’ll be a problem.
Totally agree. Three probable first rounders on front seven, too. Definitely tough.

Offense will be better, too. Like you, could see Cade emerging as starter later in year and being a stud.

My one hope is the Venables departure is more problematic than they realize. 🤷‍♂️ though.

Could be beneficial for them and their QB situation too
For me the rule of thumb when facing a team more talented than you, is to get them early in the season, not later. Sure good teams do have let downs late but most of the time they are running on all cylinders by then. Take 2000 for example, you think U Dub wanted it with us late that year? We were a way better than by the end of 2000 than at the beginning.

Advertisement
Ceiling is higher, but 9-3 is what we should be realistically be shooting and hoping for.
9-3 is the floor
Cut back in stupid penalties that’s 50 plus yards a game
I expect a huge turn around on defense
Like dno to manny
Maybe even more bc manny is a ga compared to Steele
And as long as gattis builds around tvd the offense will be good enough
Special teams were straight

Our offensive line sucks lol y’all boys tripping if y’all think we gonna beat Clemson with these boys I ain’t getting fooled nomore by off-season hype with them until Mario recruits come and get developed
The only way we we can beat Clemson
Is for tvd to go spread and throw for 350 plus
Same thing for am
We ain’t imposing our will on those d lines

Advertisement
70260050-805F-49A9-B9E4-0D6129EDDE92.jpeg

Maybe one to keep an eye on.

Ricks would be nice

Last edited:
Got a buddy who is Clem alumn and spent some time around players this summer we spoke last week he said klubnik is waaaaay under weight and physically doesn't look ready to play this season
Plenty of skinny guys have started at qb. He’s nowhere as under weight as other qbs. And they were taller. Kosi was a literal stick.

Advertisement
Back