The ATM (10/17)

Some quick hits:

- Miami still feels they are right in it for DT LJ McCray (Daytona Beach). While there is FSU buzz, they actually feel their biggest competition is Georgia. DT recruiting has been a struggle, so their instincts may be off. But, as chronicled in the Bank, they correctly dismissed the Zaquan-to-FSU smoke and always pegged Oregon as the real threat for Breland despite Georgia buzz.

- New big body name to keep an eye on 6’4, 330 DT D’Nas White (Charlotte, NC).

- Miami continues to make progress with RB Jordan Lyle (St. Thomas). He has an upcoming visit to Ohio State, but if he gets through that without anything unusual he becomes a major flip candidate.

- Elite CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) will be in Miami this weekend.

Update 10/18

- I continue to like where Miami is trending with OT Markel Bell (JUCO), CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach) and CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage).

- Another name to monitor at DT- Leroy Jackson (Leesburg, GA).
Not holding my breath on McCray or Ellis.

But, if we can finish with Bell, Mincey, Lucas and Booker Pickett Jr. that gives us a top 10 class in back to back classes for the first time in the modern recruiting era. I'd call that a win with all this doom and gloom around right now.

Advertisement
Not holding my breath on McCray or Ellis.

But, if we can finish with Bell, Mincey, Lucas and Booker Pickett Jr. that gives us a top 10 class in back to back classes for the first time in the modern recruiting era. I'd call that a win with all this doom and gloom around right now.
Dont think that will be enouh to finish top ten.Need a couple more top kids

del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

Hittin the button here would’ve been nice

Not polluting the board with several hundred posts dry snitching on your own homoerotic thoughts would be nicer.

Advertisement
Transfer portal is helping with that.

Kids arent getting offers and going the juco route more so those borderline talented kids...also they are getting div 1 bouncebacks or kids that went into portal late so they go juco to play
Yep it’s filled with bounce backs from 2019 and 2020 with extra eligibility because of Covid there’s at least 3 DTs worth a spot now in juco

Advertisement
Recruiting died down when Ruiz died to us. It’s pretty simple. Mario isn’t going to be the monster recruiter he always was unless he gets $$$ to throw around to these kids
Do a lil research before you just randomly run off at the mouth. He's been that recruiter at each and every location he's ever been at in any capacity. Including multiple times here.

Do a lil research before you just randomly run off at the mouth. He's been that recruiter at each and every location he's ever been at in any capacity. Including multiple times here.
I completely understand. We have to realize that the game has changed a bit because that was pre-NIL

Advertisement
I completely understand. We have to realize that the game has changed a bit because that was pre-NIL
That's perfectly fine to say that was pre nil. But then find out about our nil set up before you assume any of it is dependent on John Ruiz. It's not. For some reason(this isn't directed at you) everyone on here wants to "READ THE TEA LEAVES" & assume they know what's going on in house. 9 out of 10 they really don't.

That's perfectly fine to say that was pre nil. But then find out about our nil set up before you assume any of it is dependent on John Ruiz. It's not. For some reason(this isn't directed at you) everyone on here wants to "READ THE TEA LEAVES" & assume they know what's going on in house. 9 out of 10 they really don't.
I was wrong to assume, you’re right. I was just trying to connect the dots because it seems like it died down when he went belly up

Advertisement
I was wrong to assume, you’re right. I was just trying to connect the dots because it seems like it died down when he went belly up
Helps to remember it was his incessant social media game is the only reason beyond signing day that anyone knew what was going on. Maybe since he's not on social media like that right now, people may be surprised come signing day. Let's see.

Helps to remember it was his incessant social media game is the only reason beyond signing day that anyone knew what was going on. Maybe since he's not on social media like that right now, people may be surprised come signing day. Let's see.
Dude!

Advertisement
Back