The ATM (10/17)

Advertisement
Beluga Whale Swimming GIF
Manatees?

Advertisement
we didnt get a top 5 class last year. I dont believe he had one at Oregon. idk if it's reasonable to expect that. top 10 is what im okay with bc I know Mario will identify talent where others dont at certain positions (OL).
That won't bring us #6. All I heard was that Mario would stack elite talent and that's what it would take for us to win #6 with his coaching. Just top 10 won't get it done.

Got nothing to do with NIL, got everything to do with the guys who are the position coaches.

Agree. IMO, some kids are more focused on the short term, NIL money up front is key. Some kids will be longer term thinkers and prioritize getting drafted because their goal is to make it the NFL and make life changing money. I don't think there is a quality difference between the two types, it's just a different mindset. With the first group, UM is going to be in a tough place because of the absolutely massive suck tax. That's what happens when you go 5-7. I suspect UM had a lot of extra money for Blount after missing on so many QBs and DTs. The kids in the second group are going to look carefully at the position coaches and if they have a track record of getting players drafted. I think we're going to miss on nearly all those kids because neither Mario nor Joe have had any success in getting DTs drafted. I mentioned in a post a couple weeks back that in Cristobal's tenure at Oregon he didn't have a single DT drafted; there was one DT drafted after he left but I believe he went in the 6th or 7th round. So for those guys who say that Cristobal is a savage and doesn't let friendships affect his decisionmaking, that might be true for a lot of personnel, but for whatever reason he's got a blindspot when it comes to Big Joe.

Advertisement
Leroy Jacksons tape DEFINATELY has traits i like.

The sr tape im watching dude plays with leverage and has a real good get off and seems to have motor.

Him and Brewu are guys i definately dont mind.

Need a big body guy in this class though like White if your going to get those guys paired with Russell.
Agreed, that D'Nas White needs more fire to his play.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Geez with all the talk of some currently recruited guys being likely to flip this years recruiting class could get ugly if we don’t finish strong.

If we play like we did against unc or GT we sure as sht aren’t getting Ellis unless we’re getting him a house on star island

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back