Taylor Gadbois tweets that he is no longer a Miami Hurricane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrea Adelson, ESPN Staff Writer
Miami offensive lineman Taylor Gadbois has been dismissed from the team, coach Al Golden announced Thursday. A source said Gadbois was facing a five-game suspension to open the season, and was a source of division in the locker room.

Golden wants everybody in his locker room pulling in the same direction. That is one reason, among several, that offensive lineman Taylor Gadbois was dismissed from the team on Thursday.
Miami Hurricanes get with 'The Program' to build chemistry - ACC Blog - ESPN
"If a university does not wish to renew or wishes to reduce a student-athlete’s athletic scholarship, certain rules must be adhered to. The university must notify the student-athlete in writing of the decision and must provide the opportunity for a hearing." When Can a School Take Away Your Scholarship? ? CONNECTICUT SPORTS LAW

If dude didn't get hurt starting for UM last season, he likely wouldn't have to use the healing supplements that got him and Ray Lewis back in full strength sooner than later. If Gadbois got his written notice of dismissal and non-renewal of scholarship, why can't stop crying to the Palm Beach Post and just appeal? Even if he stay dismissed from the team, he should request in any appeal an opportunity to graduate (if he's really one cane away from graduating in 12/15) as he is. after all, supposed a student first.

Advertisement
From CS:

Was going to have to sit out until midseason

was always a wild hair, so to speak, going all the way back to high school.

Coaches like the way the culture of the team is coming together and he was not an asset toward that

A bad attitude at a team building event on Virginia Key on Wednesday sealed his fate.

Golden really laid it on the line for Gadbois. People have told me for a long time that he got away with stuff that very few other players could simply because of how badly the team needed him.

This dismissal is major cajones from Golden, but the suspension eased the pain. And if he didn;t do something, sources tell me he was risking losing the team because of the separate standard

From CS:

Coaches like the way the culture of the team is coming together and he was not an asset toward that

A bad attitude at a team building event on Virginia Key on Wednesday sealed his fate.

Golden really laid it on the line for Gadbois. People have told me for a long time that he got away with stuff that very few other players could simply because of how badly the team needed him.

This dismissal is major cajones from Golden, but the suspension eased the pain. And if he didn;t do something, sources tell me he was risking losing the team because of the separate standard

Well

Another player the school throws under the bus. You don't take away a kids scholarship one semester before he graduates. Al golden and the university of Miami are trash.

Either let him graduate or drop the "Student Athlete" facade.

The powers that be in that school are out of control

There is nothing I am hoping for more than a mid-season firing. I want that fat f*ck fired in the most embarrassing, career ending way possible. He needs to be thrown off the bus coming home from an away game Lane Kiffen style. Hopefully his wife and kids are there to see it.

Advertisement
From CS:

More proof that golden doesn't know how to run a ******* team. And LOL at team chemistry being the one ingredient missing from this team finding success. Team chemistry is destroyed when the coaches consistently find ways to lose games and subsequently blame their players for the losses.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, Gadbois couldn't get a sniff from Georgia and Richt coming out of high school and talent wasn't the only issue. As desperate as Golden and company are to win and keep their jobs, this GUys attitude must really suck for the coaches to decide the team is better off without him. If his scholly is really being ripped, you can bet yo *** this decision was ok'd up the chain from Golden. Any way you slice it, it does not bode well for the upcoming season.

Advertisement
From CS:

if the team isnt already lost they will be by mid season

From CS:

LOL,If Golden was risking losing the team because of one player we all know he never had them to begin with.

I think we all agree that Golden isn't a good game day coach. That said, he is the coach and the players have to respect him. For those that disagree, lets experiment. Please do the following:
1. Go on Twitter and tell everyone that you're the best person at your job, better than all your co-workers.
2. Do something to get suspended at your job. Don't get fired yet, just harrass some women or fail a drug test. Something to get you on HR's radar.
3. Show up to work with a bad attitude. You know, talk back to the boss during an event in front of your co-workers. Don't respect authority. Do things inconsistent with the culture your boss is trying to create.

Come on. Please do this. I'd love to see how fast you get fired. I'm guessing it will be quick.

If I remember correctly, Gadbois couldn't get a sniff from Georgia and Richt coming out of high school and talent wasn't the only issue. As desperate as Golden and company are to win and keep their jobs, this GUys attitude must really suck for the coaches to decide the team is better off without him. If his scholly is really being ripped, you can bet yo *** this decision was ok'd up the chain from Golden. Any way you slice it, it does not bode well for the upcoming season.

Yet LOSING has been the KEY to Golden's job here so far. Losing with excuses is the ONLY reason he will be here for the next few years.

Advertisement
From CS:

Well

Its from Gary Ferman

I think we all agree that Golden isn't a good game day coach. That said, he is the coach and the players have to respect him. For those that disagree, lets experiment. Please do the following:
1. Go on Twitter and tell everyone that you're the best person at your job, better than all your co-workers.
2. Do something to get suspended at your job. Don't get fired yet, just harrass some women or fail a drug test. Something to get you on HR's radar.
3. Show up to work with a bad attitude. You know, talk back to the boss during an event in front of your co-workers. Don't respect authority. Do things inconsistent with the culture your boss is trying to create.

Come on. Please do this. I'd love to see how fast you get fired. I'm guessing it will be quick.

Playing CFB isn't a job dumb ****. Do this at your job idiot.

[video=youtube;KtMPMkF_VfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtMPMkF_VfU[/video]

Playing CFB isn't a job dumb ****. Do this at your job idiot.

[video=youtube;KtMPMkF_VfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtMPMkF_VfU[/video]

Good response. It is a job, they are getting a free education because of it. Get a life and go back to your burger flipping existence.

Advertisement
I love the people on this site. So hilarious. Do you really all think that Al Golden woke up this morning and decided to kick him off the team for no reason? It's not that easy to take away someone's scholarship. If this is unwarranted I'm sure you'll see a lawsuit, which I would bet UM has heavily considered before they made this move. I guarantee there is more to this story than you're hearing now. If it was just a culture thing, I'm guessing they would have booted him from the team and let him finish school.
Who cares if he woke up this morning and decided to fire Gadbois. Most people don't give a crud why he fired him. All that matters is that this is another in the record-setting line of attrition, and Golden can't keep anyone in school.

He has no control over his players. He either fires them or they quit. They don't buy anything he's saying or doing.

PM Whoopingcane on the Kehoe situation. This thing might blow up in Golden's face.

I love the people on this site. So hilarious. Do you really all think that Al Golden woke up this morning and decided to kick him off the team for no reason? It's not that easy to take away someone's scholarship. If this is unwarranted I'm sure you'll see a lawsuit, which I would bet UM has heavily considered before they made this move. I guarantee there is more to this story than you're hearing now. If it was just a culture thing, I'm guessing they would have booted him from the team and let him finish school.
Who cares if he woke up this morning and decided to fire Gadbois. Most people don't give a crud why he fired him. All that matters is that this is another in the record-setting line of attrition, and Golden can't keep anyone in school.

He has no control over his players. He either fires them or they quit. They don't buy anything he's saying or doing.

I agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back