Taylor Gadbois tweets that he is no longer a Miami Hurricane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al Golden is the Barack Obama of UM.

I bet you're a white republican

Doesn't matter what he is: if the only way you can relate to everything is using the terms of your politic leanings, you're a mental midget.

Possibly, except Barrack Obama won two national presidential elections. What has Al Golden ever won... Let alone Nationally?

You want a politician to compare Al to? Carli Fiorina is your gal.

Are you seriously holding a politician, any politician, up for comparison to a Head Football Coach? Come on, there have to be at least a half dozen HCs who actually tell the truth once in a while. The only politician I can think of who EVER told the truth was Gerald Ford -- he never got elected and was removed from office by the voters at first opportunity. I would believe Nick Satan Saban before any politician. As horrible as Al is, he is still better than ANY politician.

Advertisement
He got that before those kids were suspended

both eddie johnson and gionni paul were removed following the season after golden received the extension. there wasn't that much time between the two events as you're making it out to seem.

He had leverage as well on the university with the whole shapiro thing but lets not go off topic, the point is he fought for others to stay and he didnt for this kid, plus other players didnt like him so it wasnt just golden

that is part of the topic. I believe Golden is a big manipulator which is how he got the extension. the same way he manipulates these kids and sells them on bs. i don't believe golden fought for many of them but i do believe that he convinced them that he did. that's what this guy does. look at the way our AD and former president deferred to Golden. The guy has much more pull than you're giving him credit for.

All coaches manipulate welcome to college football, you should see how urb, saban, and jimbob work in their schools

yeah i have seen them work, have you? clueless. Urb, saban, and jimbo get their kids to stay unless they committed rape or kill someone and not even then sometimes. our guys get tossed out of school for fighting each other or smoking a little weed and your boy Golden "fights" so hard to keep them yet nothing.

What is everyone so worked up about? When you have a scholly you have to hold up your end of the bargain. Do what you're told & STFU. Loudmouth TG was going to miss HALF of the season due to apparently some poor choices. Now we're supposed to feel sorry for him due to his tweets making it sound like it's someone else's fault? Clearly the guy doesn't get it. Better to get someone else ready. This isn't on Golden or Kehoe, it's on TG.

From CS:

Was going to have to sit out until midseason

was always a wild hair, so to speak, going all the way back to high school.

Coaches like the way the culture of the team is coming together and he was not an asset toward that

A bad attitude at a team building event on Virginia Key on Wednesday sealed his fate.

Golden really laid it on the line for Gadbois. People have told me for a long time that he got away with stuff that very few other players could simply because of how badly the team needed him.

This dismissal is major cajones from Golden, but the suspension eased the pain. And if he didn;t do something, sources tell me he was risking losing the team because of the separate standard

so if he ends up losing the team by season's end like he has almost every year he's been here, who will be to blame next?

Advertisement
I am going to give Al Golden the benefit of the doubt.

Golden has proven to be a great coach and program builder. He is out recruiting EVERYONE in Florida, developing talent on par with the best in the business, and it's not his fault the team hasn't responded with wins.

I love the staff. Top to bottom they might be the best staff in the history of Miami. The wins will come, and you can tell that by the way the team responds to Golden. I look for Miami to have a solid eight and four seasons, and then consistently when eight or nine games, at least, so long as gold is at the helm. You can't really ask for much more than that.

And as far as the latest dismissal, I think Al should be applauded for showing guts and integrity, both characteristics he demonstrates daily.

Do as anybody Know what Happened?

What Did Golden & Co. do to make this kid leave?

I've never seen so much turn over from a college team

WHO CARES ABOUT OBAMA ON THIS **** BOARD? STOP IT ALREADY. We're losing sight of the real enemy, the POS in charge of the program. I happen to think Obama is not liberal enough, but I hate Al Golden more than anyone on this **** board and would kill him (am I allowed to say that with the new rules?) if he was standing in front of me right now.

Expect a visit from Secret Service.

both eddie johnson and gionni paul were removed following the season after golden received the extension. there wasn't that much time between the two events as you're making it out to seem.

He had leverage as well on the university with the whole shapiro thing but lets not go off topic, the point is he fought for others to stay and he didnt for this kid, plus other players didnt like him so it wasnt just golden

that is part of the topic. I believe Golden is a big manipulator which is how he got the extension. the same way he manipulates these kids and sells them on bs. i don't believe golden fought for many of them but i do believe that he convinced them that he did. that's what this guy does. look at the way our AD and former president deferred to Golden. The guy has much more pull than you're giving him credit for.

All coaches manipulate welcome to college football, you should see how urb, saban, and jimbob work in their schools

yeah i have seen them work, have you? clueless. Urb, saban, and jimbo get their kids to stay unless they committed rape or kill someone and not even then sometimes. our guys get tossed out of school for fighting each other or smoking a little weed and your boy Golden "fights" so hard to keep them yet nothing.

Oh i have seen plenty, knew guys who played for urban, have a family member on the BOT at FSU, know some coaches that had kids that played for saban, the difference between them and golden in those situations is that the admin wants their teams to succeed here not so much, they care so much here for student conduct they make no exceptions and if they do the kid still gets some sort of punishment, thats the difference

Oh i have seen plenty, knew guys who played for urban, have a family member on the BOT at FSU, know some coaches that had kids that played for saban, the difference between them and golden in those situations is that the admin wants their teams to succeed here not so much, they care so much here for student conduct they make no exceptions and if they do the kid still gets some sort of punishment, thats the difference

well yes i agree and understand that. but this is the same administration that greatly differs to what golden wants to do or thinks is best. **** the AD went all wqam and straight up said he defers to Golden in all football related matters. so thats why i don't believe golden fought so hard for all those guys. there were a few that i understand why they were let go but some of the others were kicked out of school for things that most programs handle swiftly internally.

Advertisement
This dude is still squawking about Golden fighting for a guy he threw off the team. Who's he fighting with? Evil Al?

Georgia did make a very late offer of some sort to Gadbois. I did not recall that. I knew that Kentucky was in the picture for him.

well yes i agree and understand that. but this is the same administration that greatly differs to what golden wants to do or thinks is best. **** the AD went all wqam and straight up said he defers to Golden in all football related matters. so thats why i don't believe golden fought so hard for all those guys. there were a few that i understand why they were let go but some of the others were kicked out of school for things that most programs handle swiftly internally.

the AD should differ to golden in situations because you dont want separate views and such, the admin is the ultimate say of all here and they stick their nose in everything, pete has said here that golden fought to keep AQM from getting suspended but the admin told him to eff off, if he was the coach at FSU (though he wouldnt still be because they care about winning) they would maybe suspended him for a couple of games 4 at most, but since the admin here is all student conduct blah blah blah, they suspend him for the year

The fact that he gets. Kicked off the team after the trash I saw in the spring game at tackle must mean he truly is disliked cause they know **** well they need him.

That same thrash is being boosted by the very people that Gadbois pronounced to have failed "to impress me until the pads go on" since Gadbois woudn't be made available anyway. They can't need but so much since they weren't gonna have him for the first half of the year. You know the ole saying: "We are focused on the players that are here" and if Gadbois is putting down the incoming guys along with the first year guys, declaring himself to be the "best...and it's not even close" when he can't play anyway (for 1/2 yr). Not only are the coaches have to worry "who's here" rather than the unplayable Gadbois, but obviously they would've have to manage a 6' 8" fourth year player's influence on impressionable others when that player Gadbois is divisive as far UM/Golden sources are divulging to us and the press.

"cause they know **** well they need him"
can't get caught up needing what you can't have, you move on...particularly when dude's splitting the lockeroom. When that CB was let go, players grumbled and say complimentary stuff about him, but not a peep from anyone about TG; that's pretty telling regardless how much of a poor attrition rate manager Golden is.

Advertisement
The fact that he gets. Kicked off the team after the trash I saw in the spring game at tackle must mean he truly is disliked cause they know **** well they need him.

That's makes me wonder what TG did... had to be serious

What is everyone so worked up about? When you have a scholly you have to hold up your end of the bargain. Do what you're told & STFU. Loudmouth TG was going to miss HALF of the season due to apparently some poor choices. Now we're supposed to feel sorry for him due to his tweets making it sound like it's someone else's fault? Clearly the guy doesn't get it. Better to get someone else ready. This isn't on Golden or Kehoe, it's on TG.

Exactly!!!!!!!

That same thrash is being boosted by the very people that Gadbois pronounced to have failed "to impress me until the pads go on" since Gadbois woudn't be made available anyway. They can't need but so much since they weren't gonna have him for the first half of the year. You know the ole saying: "We are focused on the players that are here" and if Gadbois is putting down the incoming guys along with the first year guys, declaring himself to be the "best...and it's not even close" when he can't play anyway (for 1/2 yr). Not only are the coaches have to worry "who's here" rather than the unplayable Gadbois, but obviously they would've have to manage a 6' 8" fourth year player's influence on impressionable others when that player Gadbois is divisive as far UM/Golden sources are divulging to us and the press.

"cause they know **** well they need him"
can't get caught up needing what you can't have, you move on...particularly when dude's splitting the lockeroom. When that CB was let go, players grumbled and say complimentary stuff about him, but not a peep from anyone about TG; that's pretty telling regardless how much of a poor attrition rate manager Golden is.
If you read this post in the accent of the special teams coach from The Waterboy it makes more sense.

Advertisement
I'll say this, having a couple jerks on your team isn't always a bad thing so I'm going to refrain from the "should he have been kicked off the team" debate. But he was not liked by the coaches or his teammates. That's not a good recipe for sticking around.

That's makes me wonder what TG did... had to be serious
You guys are acting like you're watching an sec program. Why did it have to serious? This fecal-brained HC just went 6-7 with 8 NFL players in his lineup and there wasn't even a whisper of him being fired. That fat load feels comfortable.

Coach Al Golden is trying as hard as he can and he is helping the players thousands of life moments every day. There is no doubt in my mind that Coach Al Golden felt that he was acting in TG's best interest when he made the move to allow TG to leave UM. Kudos to Coach Al Golden for once again acting in the best interest of a UM player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back