Taylor Gadbois tweets that he is no longer a Miami Hurricane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden fighting for Eddie Johnson and Quan means nothing. Their punishments were from the school. Gadbois was kicked off the team by Golden. Why the **** would he fight for him?

"well joe, I fought like **** with myself to keep him here. I really really did. In the end I just lost the fight to myself and had to let him go."

Advertisement
I remember a time when we wanted mouthy players...we wanted players that had that dog in them, that would call out teammates. I remember a time when players were allowed to handle their own business and put others in check. I remember a time when....when we were the U.

Now, we have #WeFense . Now we have where 6-7 is considered a "positive season considering..."
I want my school back, now! Get Golden, get his staff (except for Ice and K.B) away from my school!

30%...that's Golden's loss ratio on players. 30% of his recruited classes are not here.
The cloud didn't cause depth issues...Golden's "prowess" as recruiter has caused depth issues.
The cloud didn't cause kids to run to FSU, Bama, OSU, and Auburn and away from Miami...Golden's "coaching" ability caused that.

So who's the real problem here? The Gadbois situation is a small sample of what's been going on at the U behind closed doors. Did you see the clip of JRock mouthing back to Paul Williams during a drill? Do you not recall Duke literally having to look Tracy in his eyes telling him to 'calm down' as UL was rocking our defense this past season? Do you not recall Duke and Philip going to twitter voicing their frustation towards the end of the 2013-2014 season? Do you not recall how last year ended w/ players at each other's throats?

Yet, we're supposed to believe that Golden is the right man for the job? That he's a leader of men? That he's a great recruiter and his methods work?

30% ladies and gentlemen...30% is not here. Our rosters are being filled out w/ walk-ons and transfer players.

He's tarnishing our legacy...a legacy that was built upon hard work, dedication, and the love of the game. The legacy of making sure that every school in the nation know that it's only one university that matters, us. I feel numb, at times, to what's going on at my school, but then when I turn on the TV on Sunday, or I watch ESPN U and they have two of our 30/30's on, it gets me angry all over again.

I know there's more to THIS story, but our misfit storylines over the years have had one constant both on and off the field...Al Golden. Need I say more.

Al would never ***** a kid. There has to be more to this story.

Despite what was PM'd TO Whoop re: this, we don't even know at this point if Kehoe was the one that initiated the dismissal. I can certainly see him loving a knucklehead but also being of the mindset that he's too old to be dealing with a punk too. Look at how quick he called up Joaquin and Romberg and went nuts on them. Nonetheless, if Gadbois was even remotely liked as much by his teammates as Incognito was by his then we'll definitely start to hear a backlash against the move. If not, then maybe he was an unmanageable cancer. Still doesn't excuse our overall attrition rate recently though.

Lol if it really is about him not fitting the culture think of how many Cane greats would be kicked out for talking ****

Every year some upperclass player gets shatted on, one way or another, and it ignites a slow burn that destroys the heart of the team by the end of the season.

Vicious, vicious cycle that needs to be taken out back and executed.

Advertisement
Lol I hate golden but this on TG. There was a reason in that Matt Porter article he said he wouldn't start the season.

Every year some upperclass player gets shatted on, one way or another, and it ignites a slow burn that destroys the heart of the team by the end of the season.

Vicious, vicious cycle that needs to be taken out back and executed.

That and looking at canes message boards and empty stadiums.

Advertisement
my-name-is-catcimus-decipuss-meridifuss-father-to-a-murdered-ballsack_o_4333493.jpg

Great post, thanks. There are two sides to every story. I'm certainly not taking Golden's side, but there must have been some serious issues for them to rip his scholarship. And btw, he shouldn't be out there on social media saying he's the best offensive lineman on the team. Your teammates don't want to hear that, believe it or not.

All that said, the list of departures the last few years in beyond belief (like really, I can't believe it.)

Hurricanes offensive lineman Taylor Gadbois was stunned today when coach Al Golden told him his scholarship is being revoked and he is no longer welcome on the team.

“I don’t know why. It’s surprising to me, too,” Gadbois told the Post when reached by phone.

Golden, who could not be reached for comment, said in a short press release that Gadbois “is a bright young man and we wish him the best in his future academic and athletic endeavors.”

Gadbois, a 6-foot-8, 320-pound redshirt junior, was set to compete for a starting left tackle position when fall practices begin in August. He was also reportedly under review for a possible suspension to start the season, the reasons for which are still unclear.

Last week, he made boastful comments about his role on the team, saying “I’m the best player on our offensive line. It’s not even close,” and saying he would be the starting left tackle. Asked for his opinion on UM’s incoming freshmen O-linemen, Gadbois, not one to regurgitate platitudes, said that none of them impressed him — he would need to see them in pads first.

“They didn’t feel I was being positive enough with the team, with the young guys, which I completely disagree with,” Gadbois told the Post. “I mean, I work with these guys every single day. I’m in a group text with the team and everybody’s just bewildered by it. Everybody’s just blown away.”

A program source said it wasn’t only those comments that got him booted, but they certainly did not help.

This week, Gadbois attended and participated in the Hurricanes’ three-day team-building and conditioning event with a group called “The Program,” which included Marines-style training. Thursday morning, he was called into a meeting with Golden.

“He just basically said, ‘We’re parting ways,’” Gadbois said. “I said ‘What?’ I started [expletive] crying, man.

“I didn’t want to leave. This has been my dream school since I was four years old. I was in my last semester and they wouldn’t let me finish school or nothing. … Without the scholarship, I can’t afford school.

“This is where I want to be. I dunno. I don’t know what to do know.”

He won’t stop playing football.

“No, God no,” he said. “I’ve got to see who wants to take me. Hopefully there are some schools out there.”

Gadbois, who played at Dallas (Ga.) East Paulding High northwest of Atlanta, turned 22 on June 3. In age and playing experience, he was to be one of the senior members of an inexperienced offensive line. He started five games at right tackle last season before suffering a season-ending left knee injury last Sept. 27 against Duke.

He missed spring practices recovering from the injury and was cleared to return in May. He appeared to be one of the pieces UM would rely on to replace multi-year starters in Ereck Flowers, Jon Feliciano and Shane McDermott.

“Will always love you Miami this was not my decision but I am no longer a Miami hurricane,” Gadbois tweeted after the meeting, adding he had “lots of pain in my heart knowing my dream of graduating [college] was one semester short.”

WTF

**** that! I want kids that are ****y and edgy and believe they're the best. If the other OL can't handle it that's on the them.

@flasportsbuzz: Besides having an NCAA issue, Gadbois was not viewed by coaches as good fit for culture they want to build. That's main reason for dismissal

Just didn't fit the culture huh smh what a clown this golden guy is,

What? Did he jump out of the little rubber raft or something?

hmmm funny how golden has plenty of pull with our admin when it comes to his contract negotiations but struggles to keep kids of the team that he so vehemently fights for.

He got that before those kids were suspended

both eddie johnson and gionni paul were removed following the season after golden received the extension. there wasn't that much time between the two events as you're making it out to seem.

He had leverage as well on the university with the whole shapiro thing but lets not go off topic, the point is he fought for others to stay and he didnt for this kid, plus other players didnt like him so it wasnt just golden

that is part of the topic. I believe Golden is a big manipulator which is how he got the extension. the same way he manipulates these kids and sells them on bs. i don't believe golden fought for many of them but i do believe that he convinced them that he did. that's what this guy does. look at the way our AD and former president deferred to Golden. The guy has much more pull than you're giving him credit for.

All coaches manipulate welcome to college football, you should see how urb, saban, and jimbob work in their schools

Last edited:
Advertisement
Golden fighting for Eddie Johnson and Quan means nothing. Their punishments were from the school. Gadbois was kicked off the team by Golden. Why the **** would he fight for him?

"well joe, I fought like **** with myself to keep him here. I really really did. In the end I just lost the fight to myself and had to let him go."

Which means he said and done crap that no one liked, pretty sure saban and urb would do the same sh¡t, in fact they have

Which means he said and done crap that no one liked, pretty sure saban and urb would do the same sh¡t, in fact they have

I have no idea what happened. I'm not saying he didnt deserve to be kicked off but this has nothing to do with school administration being stupid this time. If he is being a cancer to the young guys and was already suspended half the year then im fine with it.

but if you are just a big *** wuss like fat Al and let him go because he hurt your feelings.. thats stupid

Advertisement

I have no idea what happened. I'm not saying he didnt deserve to be kicked off but this has nothing to do with school administration being stupid this time. If he is being a cancer to the young guys and was already suspended half the year then im fine with it.

but if you are just a big *** wuss like fat Al and let him go because he hurt your feelings.. thats stupid

I agree my gut tells me its a little of both

I love the people on this site. So hilarious. Do you really all think that Al Golden woke up this morning and decided to kick him off the team for no reason? It's not that easy to take away someone's scholarship. If this is unwarranted I'm sure you'll see a lawsuit, which I would bet UM has heavily considered before they made this move. I guarantee there is more to this story than you're hearing now. If it was just a culture thing, I'm guessing they would have booted him from the team and let him finish school.

I love the people on this site. So hilarious. Do you really all think that Al Golden woke up this morning and decided to kick him off the team for no reason? It's not that easy to take away someone's scholarship. If this is unwarranted I'm sure you'll see a lawsuit, which I would bet UM has heavily considered before they made this move. I guarantee there is more to this story than you're hearing now. If it was just a culture thing, I'm guessing they would have booted him from the team and let him finish school.

A lawsuit, really? The idea of a lawsuit for revoking somones scholarship is laughably absurd and it wouldn't see the light of day in a courtroom.

OL and LB, paper thin depth. I hope someone gives this guy a shot and he gets to earn his degree somewhere. I'm not going to cast stones, but that's just cold that they didn't at least allow him another season academically. Probably not a popular opinion, but he probably did something pretty bad.

A lawsuit, really? The idea of a lawsuit for revoking somones scholarship is laughably absurd and it wouldn't see the light of day in a courtroom.

OL and LB, paper thin depth. I hope someone gives this guy a shot and he gets to earn his degree somewhere. I'm not going to cast stones, but that's just cold that they didn't at least allow him another season academically. Probably not a popular opinion, but he probably did something pretty bad.

Actually it isn't. There have been a number of lawsuits filed by athletes regarding scholarships. Do a google search and you'll see them.

Also, here is a brief summary of the scholarship rules in case you're interested.

When Can a School Take Away Your Scholarship? ? CONNECTICUT SPORTS LAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back