Tai >>>> Michael Johnson Jr.

Nebraska is all in on Football. And Nebraska can show him a roster full of dropback QB’s for a run pass offense. Miami on campus is half in with a roster with a kid who broke Daunte Culpeppers records and a high school kid who came in the spring doing well. We should be afraid.

lol

Advertisement
if we don't, it'll be a terrible look. and put us way behind in 2019 for qbs
Not really we want him bad but I think we have 2 qb for the future that just mean they cant miss on 2020 but ik if we miss on on him the 2020 prospect know it's his time once jarren leaves

Because he would probably change the offense. Interesting to see how our offense will evolve.

I don't think a pure passer would change our offense. No matter if you are a pure pro passer or a dual threat the main objective is still to get the ball to the other skilled position players and let them do their thing. If you are a dual threat then yes you add an extra headache for the defense to be aware of but even the Mannings can run for a first down if you just leave the space there. I am sure the entire coaching staff would love it if whoever their QB is rushed 5 or less times each game and instead got it out to the WRs, TEs, and RBs in a consistent and effective way.

Advertisement
I don't think a pure passer would change our offense. No matter if you are a pure pro passer or a dual threat the main objective is still to get the ball to the other skilled position players and let them do their thing. If you are a dual threat then yes you add an extra headache for the defense to be aware of but even the Mannings can run for a first down if you just leave the space there. I am sure the entire coaching staff would love it if whoever their QB is rushed 5 or less times each game and instead got it out to the WRs, TEs, and RBs in a consistent and effective way.

Agreed. I love a mobile QB, but I still don't want much more than 5 rushes per game out of him. Mobile or not, the key is to get the ball to one of our many playmakers.

Agreed. I love a mobile QB, but I still don't want much more than 5 rushes per game out of him. Mobile or not, the key is to get the ball to one of our many playmakers.

If your QB is a playmaker....like Johnson....then what? I have no problem with a QB being a threat to run it on every single play as that's an extra man for the defense to account for.

If your QB is a playmaker....like Johnson....then what? I have no problem with a QB being a threat to run it on every single play as that's an extra man for the defense to account for.

The more your QB runs the more worn out he will get through the game. So when you need them to make a play at the end they are gassed if they are running a lot.

The more your QB runs the more hits they are going to take. So more injuries, aches, and pains to your QB. Also more chance they take a hit that puts them out of the game or even season.

The more your QB runs the less he is executing your plays and the less the ball gets into the hands of your other skill positions. So which of Richards, Hightower, Pope, Dallas, Davis, Lingard, Jordan, Mallory, or the other WRs, TEs, and RBs do you want to have the ball less?

The more your QB runs the more worn out he will get through the game. So when you need them to make a play at the end they are gassed if they are running a lot.

The more your QB runs the more hits they are going to take. So more injuries, aches, and pains to your QB. Also more chance they take a hit that puts them out of the game or even season.

The more your QB runs the less he is executing your plays and the less the ball gets into the hands of your other skill positions. So which of Richards, Hightower, Pope, Dallas, Davis, Lingard, Jordan, Mallory, or the other WRs, TEs, and RBs do you want to have the ball less?

Well-said!

Advertisement

Good points. However, I will say the more your QB runs the easier it will be to open up space for the other playmakers. I don't think Richt necessarily wants a run first QB, but having a guy back there with 4.4 speed is a ******* nightmare for DC's.

Nobody would ever say they want a run first QB. Still, I don't buy that five runs at most a game stuff.

College football has had championship teams with QB's who defenses feared their arms, but more so their feet. I'm not going to name them, you know who they are.

I just hope that if we get MJ, that Richt won't hamstring him by taking away his most valuable asset, his feet. Yes, you want him throwing the ball and doing it most of the time, but there needs to be plays for him to run the ball.

With certain guys at the spot, you also have to trust their instincts some of the time in what they know they're capable of.

This. With some QBs (Lamar Jackson, Winky Flowers for example) they are your best playmaker.

Advertisement
Dee, talk some sense into the kid. Who GAF that Richt prioritized Johnson over him. They prioritized Sitkowski over Williams, and he didn't care. Now their relationship is excellent and he has as good a shot of winning the starting position as anyone over the next 3-15 months. And it's almost a certainty that when one of them wins the job, one or both of the others transfer. The Class of 2019 QB may be the only other option left. All the attention in the world will be given to him.

Dee, talk some sense into the kid. Who GAF that Richt prioritized Johnson over him. They prioritized Sitkowski over Williams, and he didn't care. Now their relationship is excellent and he has as good a shot of winning the starting position as anyone over the next 3-15 months. And it's almost a certainty that when one of them wins the job, one or both of the others transfer. The Class of 2019 QB may be the only other option left. All the attention in the world will be given to him.

That ship has long sailed

Advertisement
It went good at the time,.. Dee’s credentials are legit I’ll tell you that. We all know the outcome now. I’m a cane; and I will always be a cane, in this life and the next..

I have complete faith in Dee no question and you. But from what I read (between the lines) of what you wrote. You weren't at the time very confident on MJJ choosing Miami.

I have complete faith in Dee no question and you. But from what I read (between the lines) of what you wrote. You weren't at the time very confident on MJJ choosing Miami.

No, I wasn’t. Because I know the type of kid he is and that he probably wasn’t going to fit in with the south Florida athlete. Even though my brother told us that he was ready to commit to us about 2 months ago..

Advertisement
Back