Tai >>>> Michael Johnson Jr.

Just fyi, an Oregon insider posted on their board he thinks there's a good chance Dwan Mathis, 4* QB currently committed to Mich St flips to Oregon on his visit there this weekend.

That would pretty much remove our biggest comp for MJJ

Advertisement
Just fyi, an Oregon insider posted on their board he thinks there's a good chance Dwan Mathis, 4* QB currently committed to Mich St flips to Oregon on his visit there this weekend.

That would pretty much remove our biggest comp for MJJ
That must be the un-named Power 5 QB they expected. great!

Advertisement
Can't help but think Nebraska is a player for MJJ with Frost going there. Time will tell.

me too. he seemed pretty interested in Nebraska in an interview he gave a local Oregon radio station right before he came to Miami. Someone posted it on another thread. Said he was planning on visiting. don't think he has yet, though

Nebraska is all in on Football. And Nebraska can show him a roster full of dropback QB’s for a run pass offense. Miami on campus is half in with a roster with a kid who broke Daunte Culpeppers records and a high school kid who came in the spring doing well. We should be afraid.

Nebraska is all in on Football. And Nebraska can show him a roster full of dropback QB’s for a run pass offense. Miami on campus is half in with a roster with a kid who broke Daunte Culpeppers records and a high school kid who came in the spring doing well. We should be afraid.

Afraid of Nebraska? lololol

I remember when they were definitely flipping Hightower last year. And Frost hasn't exactly been much of a recruiter.

Your post is just laughably wrong too.

Nebraska is likely starting A Martinez, 4* dual-threat Frost hand picked to run his offense. They also have Noah Vedral, UCF's backup and another dual-threat Frost recruit. They're also the likely landing spot for Ohio St's Joe Burrow if he transfers. Another 4* dual-threat and he has 2 years if eligibility.

And finally, Nebraska's top QB target has been Luke McCaffrey, and he might commit soon.

I'm guessing you'd be scared if San Jose St started recruiting MJJ too

Advertisement
It is, worst qb class in years

@brock Are you feeling that we should have cast the net wider? I think we need a good QB in each class with so many unproven guys. If we miss out on MJ jr, where would you look? Not a lot in Florida. Do you think he ends up at Miami and if so how good is he (Developmental or competes day 1)?

@brock Are you feeling that we should have cast the net wider? I think we need a good QB in each class with so many unproven guys. If we miss out on MJ jr, where would you look? Not a lot in Florida. Do you think he ends up at Miami and if so how good is he (Developmental or competes day 1)?
I happen To think you should try and aim for an elite qb every year. He seems to be the guy we have the most traction with. I’ll swing back with Taisun too, clemson obviously isn’t done at qb as they just offered the mertz kid within the last week. Just bring one in but honestly not as concerned because I’m confident richt will land a 2020 kid(his nephew most likely) who is elite and we just brought in an elite guy in 2018. So whoever we get in this class would be good news for sure but we are fine either way

I happen To think you should try and aim for an elite qb every year. He seems to be the guy we have the most traction with. I’ll swing back with Taisun too, clemson obviously isn’t done at qb as they just offered the mertz kid within the last week. Just bring one in but honestly not as concerned because I’m confident richt will land a 2020 kid(his nephew most likely) who is elite and we just brought in an elite guy in 2018. So whoever we get in this class would be good news for sure but we are fine either way

I think Richt closes his nephew but it also makes me think about the offense. Living in Georgia and having seen his nephew, he is not a dual threat QB. He is pro style all the way. Just something to think about.

Advertisement
I don't know if any of you read the Rivals site but they just did a piece on Miami's recruitment of Graham Mertz. Apparently Jon Richt talks to him fairly regularly. He seems to like JR and the way he is trying to build a relationship with him. He likes what CMR is doing with the team in terms of rebuilding and the competitiveness. He has family in Florida and said he is going to try and get down soon for a visit. Doesn't sound disinterested at all. Did say that he is still firm to Wisconsin right now but talking to everyone. The kid has offers from everyone now -

Advertisement
Afraid of Nebraska? lololol

I remember when they were definitely flipping Hightower last year. And Frost hasn't exactly been much of a recruiter.

Your post is just laughably wrong too.

Nebraska is likely starting A Martinez, 4* dual-threat Frost hand picked to run his offense. They also have Noah Vedral, UCF's backup and another dual-threat Frost recruit. They're also the likely landing spot for Ohio St's Joe Burrow if he transfers. Another 4* dual-threat and he has 2 years if eligibility.

And finally, Nebraska's top QB target has been Luke McCaffrey, and he might commit soon.

I'm guessing you'd be scared if San Jose St started recruiting MJJ too

Hope your right but I do not have the same confidence. I have seen their facilities and they make a mockery out of Miami’s.

I don't know if any of you read the Rivals site but they just did a piece on Miami's recruitment of Graham Mertz. Apparently Jon Richt talks to him fairly regularly. He seems to like JR and the way he is trying to build a relationship with him. He likes what CMR is doing with the team in terms of rebuilding and the competitiveness. He has family in Florida and said he is going to try and get down soon for a visit. Doesn't sound disinterested at all. Did say that he is still firm to Wisconsin right now but talking to everyone. The kid has offers from everyone now -
Mentz is my top QB in this class landing him would be huge. Mentz throws with great accuracy and anticipation and is fairly athletic would be a perfect fit for a lot of what richt wants to do offensively.

Advertisement
Back