Synopsis of Jobe-Frierson visit from today

View as article
For those who care; Frierson just switched his pinned tweet from him being at UGA to Miami last night. Doesn't mean that much but certainly a progress since last night's meeting with Richt and Jobe.

Advertisement
Dwin just gets it, lays it out there and has cred.

isnt it true tho they talk about 6 games a year and im like yo 200 plus days in sfla beats 300 plus days anywhere else though and they worried about 6 games at home and talk about attendance like who cares

It's not just the kids though. There are people around them who carry more influence than they should, and they make no bones about being completely for sale. That's just as big a problem, especially down here. And it's tough to cut those guys out.

I am hopeful we have enough cred with these kids with guys like Beason and Vilma and Antrel sitting down and giving them some perspective--forget a few grand now. Thing big. Look around you. This is about much more than the next three years--it's a lifetime thing. Invest in yourself. You want the big, life-changing money--it's not even a question which place sets you up better.

It's not just the kids though. There are people around them who carry more influence than they should, and they make no bones about being completely for sale. That's just as big a problem, especially down here. And it's tough to cut those guys out.

I am hopeful we have enough cred with these kids with guys like Beason and Vilma and Antrel sitting down and giving them some perspective--forget a few grand now. Thing big. Look around you. This is about much more than the next three years--it's a lifetime thing. Invest in yourself. You want the big, life-changing money--it's not even a question which place sets you up better.

The overall point is that the $EC is doing surprisingly poor recruiting wise, and the salary cap has accordingly been ignored this cycle. There is more cash than ever for not only recruits, but for handlers. Chances are that every visit a handler arranges he gets $10K or more.

Advertisement
How many more heart to hearts and one on one meetings will have to go down with these two kids before February or December?

I know Jobe chasing that Bama cash, but I really wish to know why frierson is so unhappy? Is it the staff? does he want to leave south Florida?

Can someone be honest and let us know what's going on? Even pope pulled some **** like this last month.

As long as they sign here, I don't care if our staff has to have heart to hearts with them every week.

Remember you're asking 18/19 year old kids to pass up a lot of $ to come here instead. The Frierson situation in particular, I'm not sure how much clearer Dee needs to make it that Georgia is breaking out the bags for him.

It's great to see our staff do whatever they can to try to keep these kids on board. Golden would have thrown in the towel a long time ago

Golden would have never had them to start with.

Just a heads up - don't be alarmed if Gilbert doesn't attend Paradise camp and is at Friday Night Lights

His HS team is playing in the 7v7 tournament there in Friday and he feels bad not going because He's the captain of the team and he's really trying to take on the leadership role this year

is this real news?

Wait, didn't Jobe "shutdown" recruiting just a little over a month ago? These boys are gonna be premadonas all the way till signing day. Buckle up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
To all those panicking, check out Jobe's last tweet...

No one is panicked. That punk wants claims to be Sean T jr, but then sucks off bama. Commits, decomits, re commits, reaffirms commit, shuts down recruitment, committed but open....

Ppl are sick of the kid playing games

When has Jobe committed/decommitted/recommited? Last I checked he's made 1 commitment. And for all the crying from posters like you, you say "follow the visits" apparently except for Jobe. He's visited Bama once and Miami 50 times, but follow the visits doesn't matter for him I guess.

Jobe tweets Bama stuff, and grown men like you whine and cry about it. He tweets Miami stuff, and you whine and cry about that.

You wanted this program to die with Al Golden and that didn't happen so you're trying to cling to any last shred of negativity you can. Yet you, of all people, criticize a recruit. Just leave and go be a Gator fan, perfect time for you to hop on board there

I always say #WatchTheVisits ...usually About Tyson Campbell but it applies here too. Jobe's been on campus plenty. I'm sure he wants to be here too but the almighty Bama bag is looming. We'll have to see what he does. If he doesn't sign during the early period I'd be concerned.
That early signing period is the ultimate lie detector. "Yeah I'm committed, but I don't want to sign." LOL

I wish it was earlier than 2 months before signing day because it doesn't give you much time to make alternative arrangements if one of your so called commits doesn't sign early.

I wonder if the divas will stop committing early now because the early signing period gums up their drama games.

At least wait for Jobe or Gil to decommit before you ****ing bash them. My god, we have the worst, most pathetic fans in the country, hands down. They actively sabotage their own team

You're that guy.

These same guys hang on every word from Dee and Tweed. Both of those guys are openly skeptical of Jobe's commitment level. So I guess a couple guys celebrated for their connections are also whiny pvssies because they're questioning Jobe too.

To all those panicking, check out Jobe's last tweet...

No one is panicked. That punk wants claims to be Sean T jr, but then sucks off bama. Commits, decomits, re commits, reaffirms commit, shuts down recruitment, committed but open....

Ppl are sick of the kid playing games

When has Jobe committed/decommitted/recommited? Last I checked he's made 1 commitment. And for all the crying from posters like you, you say "follow the visits" apparently except for Jobe. He's visited Bama once and Miami 50 times, but follow the visits doesn't matter for him I guess.

Jobe tweets Bama stuff, and grown men like you whine and cry about it. He tweets Miami stuff, and you whine and cry about that.

You wanted this program to die with Al Golden and that didn't happen so you're trying to cling to any last shred of negativity you can. Yet you, of all people, criticize a recruit. Just leave and go be a Gator fan, perfect time for you to hop on board there

I always say #WatchTheVisits ...usually About Tyson Campbell but it applies here too. Jobe's been on campus plenty. I'm sure he wants to be here too but the almighty Bama bag is looming. We'll have to see what he does. If he doesn't sign during the early period I'd be concerned.
That early signing period is the ultimate lie detector. "Yeah I'm committed, but I don't want to sign." LOL

I wish it was earlier than 2 months before signing day because it doesn't give you much time to make alternative arrangements if one of your so called commits doesn't sign early.

I wonder if the divas will stop committing early now because the early signing period gums up their drama games.

Does the early signing period begin this recruiting cycle? I thought it wasn't until the next one for the 2019 class....

Closebert is our boss. He's the takeover guy when **** starts getting shaky with the other salesmen.

P. S. If Gil is still playing footsies with UGA after that meeting then he can f off.

Advertisement
I haven't followed this saga closely, but at some point you have to ask yourself if these guys are worth the headaches. I'm not suggesting that we should cede anything to Alabaga or anyone else, but you begin to run out of patience and look in other directions as the headaches come with greater frequency and greater intensity. Do kids who are this difficult to deal with during their recruitment generally pan out?

Last edited:
Our coaches need to tell these kids to take all the bags they can from Alabaga and whoever else wants to pitch in and then sign with UM. Its the ultimate alpha move.

This is going to be a very good recruiting class. We could lose half of the current db commits we have now but we will add to replace. This staff gets it. That's why you see new names being added to the offer list. I thought Frieson was safe like Blades but if we want him Even if it goes to the last few days of recruiting I think we get him. Jobe is such a talent you keep aggressively recruiting him but you don't count on him. When he goes north for his senior year expect even more competition from big ten schools and others. We'll get our licks in late with him. Hopefully it will be enough. You can't just have him over for lunch to get back on course. Don't forget we are adding to a good db class from last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How many more heart to hearts and one on one meetings will have to go down with these two kids before February or December?

I know Jobe chasing that Bama cash, but I really wish to know why frierson is so unhappy? Is it the staff? does he want to leave south Florida?

Can someone be honest and let us know what's going on? Even pope pulled some **** like this last month.

As long as they sign here, I don't care if our staff has to have heart to hearts with them every week.

Remember you're asking 18/19 year old kids to pass up a lot of $ to come here instead. The Frierson situation in particular, I'm not sure how much clearer Dee needs to make it that Georgia is breaking out the bags for him.

It's great to see our staff do whatever they can to try to keep these kids on board. Golden would have thrown in the towel a long time ago

That's true and we should stay on them all the way through.
The tricky part is if you have to have a heart to heart every week with the kid the odds of that kid pulling a switch on signing day get higher.
Then with no time to fill the slot with an adecute replacement we are left scrambling.

Y'all got to stop with this oh if he's being recruited by other schools then I don't want them mantra y'all got going on.... it's recruiting and it's the way it is these days. Same sh*t happens every class I'm pretty sure y'all probably was complaining about ahmmon richards and zach mccloud when they talked up and visited other schools before they eventually decommitted. They eventually signed with Miami though that's what matters right?

Wow, so we can't just be objective and call a recruitment like it is on a recruiting board? Jobe is a diva. Talking ST Jr one day and post a pic in Bama gear the next.. regardless of where he ends up, he's a diva. It is what it is.

This is great stuff. Keep it coming, guys.

50% of the top recruits in the country are divas nowadays by that standard. **** Justin Watkins has actually decommited from 3 separate schools so far. If Jobe is a diva I'd love to know what that is but who cares.

All anyone should care about is where they sign, not what they do on twitter.

**** talking high school kids who are still committed is a great way to hurt Richt though

Edited my post FWIW, but I certainly didn't say Jobe is the only diva. Watkins is a huge diva as well, even more so than Jobe. There are plenty more in the top rankings, as you pointed out.

I wouldn't say I'm **** talking Jobe, rather just being honest about it. Like I said, I think he ends up at Miami, but he's a diva. Gonna be a dramatic recruitment till the end. Again, is what it is

I can respect that. I definitely wish the entire class was like Lingard and Blades and just locked in. It just seems the way things are unfortunately. I really like that our staff is putting the full court press on Jobe/Frierson even in July, but yeah I agree there will be drama with these two until the end.

I just wish people would hold off with the bashing (which is different than being concerned/not optimistic) until something actually happens. As Pete pointed out with Silvera, recruits read this board.

Fck decommitment, you hold off on the bashing until the ink is dry. Lot of dudes got all hurt by Harley and we ended up winning that one. We expect the staff to fight until signing day, so there's no reason to bash a kid for hurting your feelings before then.

Exactly!

One definition "diva" is a "self-important person who is temperamental and difficult to please." That's pretty much what you many of you are. You can't be pleased unless a recruit is like Lingard. And we all know the Lingard's and Duke Johnson's of the world are few and far between. Recruiting is not for the weak.

I haven't followed this saga closely, but at some point you have to ask yourself if these guys are worth the headaches. I'm not suggesting that we should cede anything to Alabaga or anyone else, but you begin to run out of patience and look in other directions as the headaches come with greater frequency and greater intensity. Do kids who are this difficult to deal with during their recruitment generally pan out?

Headaches for whom? The fan base or the coaches?

Advertisement
Back