Synopsis of Jobe-Frierson visit from today

View as article
Advertisement
Just a heads up - don't be alarmed if Gilbert doesn't attend Paradise camp and is at Friday Night Lights

His HS team is playing in the 7v7 tournament there in Friday and he feels bad not going because He's the captain of the team and he's really trying to take on the leadership role this year

is this real news?

Y'all got to stop with this oh if he's being recruited by other schools then I don't want them mantra y'all got going on.... it's recruiting and it's the way it is these days. Same sh*t happens every class I'm pretty sure y'all probably was complaining about ahmmon richards and zach mccloud when they talked up and visited other schools before they eventually decommitted. They eventually signed with Miami though that's what matters right?
Retards always go to this lame ****.

No one is upset that our recruits are coveted. UM fans, especially those of us with deep ties to the school, get upset when it looks like local commits are playing bullshyt games and disrespecting our alma mater. I don't expect a rat like you to get that though.

So let me give you an example that might get in your kitchen. Imagine how you'd feel if ITT Tech had the #1 rated future locksmith committed, and he started playing footsies with Kaiser University. How would you and the other ITT Tech alum feel?

I haven't followed this saga closely, but at some point you have to ask yourself if these guys are worth the headaches. I'm not suggesting that we should cede anything to Alabaga or anyone else, but you begin to run out of patience and look in other directions as the headaches come with greater frequency and greater intensity. Do kids who are this difficult to deal with during their recruitment generally pan out?

Headaches for whom? The fan base or the coaches?
Nah. You're right. The coaches love their "commits" to constantly be fellating other schools and it's not a headache at all for them to continually have to keep trying to put out fires with a couple guys. They love it.

It's pretty telling that this was DB meeting and that Bandy and Colbert were there. Too many reasons for us to have such a good class and out of all of them these are the two we have to convince. We lost CJ AND Edwards to UF because they used Rumph as a coaching weak link and uga and bama are probably doing the same thing by saying you want to go to the NFL but your gonna get coached by a guy who has no d1 coaching experience. We counter with a meeting with coach Rumph a draft pick and a current DB so they can't tell them how it is. Colbert especially should have nothing but great things to say about Rumph banda and Diaz. Colbert may not have been in the NFL if it wasn't for the current coaching staff. Idk if he was even on he radar for a lot of schools as a non Starting grad transfer.

Advertisement
Y'all got to stop with this oh if he's being recruited by other schools then I don't want them mantra y'all got going on.... it's recruiting and it's the way it is these days. Same sh*t happens every class I'm pretty sure y'all probably was complaining about ahmmon richards and zach mccloud when they talked up and visited other schools before they eventually decommitted. They eventually signed with Miami though that's what matters right?

No one is upset that our recruits are coveted. UM fans, especially those of us with deep ties to the school, get upset when it looks like local commits are playing bullshyt games and disrespecting our alma mater. I don't expect a rat like you to get that though.

So let me give you an example that might get in your kitchen. Imagine how you'd feel if ITT Tech had the #1 rated future locksmith committed, and he started playing footsies with Kaiser University. How would you and the other ITT Tech alum feel?

Brutal

I haven't followed this saga closely, but at some point you have to ask yourself if these guys are worth the headaches. I'm not suggesting that we should cede anything to Alabaga or anyone else, but you begin to run out of patience and look in other directions as the headaches come with greater frequency and greater intensity. Do kids who are this difficult to deal with during their recruitment generally pan out?

I inferred from the posts I read that these two are becoming headaches to the coaches. Quite frankly, I don't know if these guys are becoming headaches to the coaches. My bad. But, let's assume, for the sake of the argument, that the coaches are getting tired of the flirtations with other schools, do you cut bait at some point?

Last edited:

Richards and McCloud decommitted when Golden got fired. I don't recall the constant games from either recruit though. The fact that Dee's been mentioning this is a headache on Jobe's part isn't throwing up any red flags for you?

God bless you living legend

Advertisement

Richards and McCloud decommitted when Golden got fired. I don't recall the constant games from either recruit though. The fact that Dee's been mentioning this is a headache on Jobe's part isn't throwing up any red flags for you?

Both richards and mccloud both were recruited heavily and visited other schools before they decommitted in October. It happened.

You acting as if the coaches didn't know there would be drama in his recruitment . Ride the waves of recruiting, they are in it for the long haul for jobe let's face it

Last edited:

PMSROFLMMFAO!!!

Both richards and mccloud both were recruited heavily and visited other schools before they decommitted in October. It happened.

You acting as if the coaches didn't know there would be drama in his recruitment . Ride the waves of recruiting, they are in it for the long haul for jobe let's face it

I remember you getting on your high horse in the thread when Jobe "shut down his recruitment". So let me ask you a question. Lingard's just as heralded of a recruit as Jobe (and around 2-3 years younger, which goes into maturity), yet Lingard's heading up this class and recruiting for Miami. You don't hear an ounce of drama from his recruitment. Why isn't Jobe trying to build this class? Considering he's 19 and having to go to a prep school in Connecticut, I'd imagine that someone should be telling him to focus on academics and your future instead of toying with it.

At least wait for Jobe or Gil to decommit before you ****ing bash them. My god, we have the worst, most pathetic fans in the country, hands down. They actively sabotage their own team

If a recruit reads this message board and decides not to go to UM because our biased fans want whats best for the program thats a soft shouldered půssy that should probably go elsewhere to be coddled. Competition would probably be to much to handle here anyway for them. What matters is what Richt and co. say to them behind closed doors. I dont think a thread on a message board will actively sabatoge our team unless were recruiting a bunch of pansies who should probably be at UFåG anyway.

Advertisement

Man get your paranoid a55 out of here. People really letting kids recruitments send them to go on emotional b*tch rants. So ******* corny. You probably shouldn't follow recruiting after every time one of our kids visit another place you are going to yell, "he's disrespecting my alma mater". It's recruiting that sh*t is going to take place

Nah. You're right. The coaches love their "commits" to constantly be fellating other schools and it's not a headache at all for them to continually have to keep trying to put out fires with a couple guys. They love it.
If they tired of the headache they would have stopped recruiting them period

So recruits might not come to a school because a couple of anonymous knuckleheads made negative remarks on a message board?

But they WILL go to a school's with racist histories, funded by klan money, that still have huge issues with racial bigotry in their internal organizations like fraternities and sororities.

With ignorant fan bases that will drop the N word like nobody's business when their WR drops a pass or steps out of bounds.

Advertisement
I'm getting the drift.

They're fūcking around, testing the waters for a "better deal", not fully committed. So there's a chance they might find something better for them, in the short term, anyway.

If these fūckers would just look at the big picture they'd be straight.

I think I'm reading this right.

If players use um for better offers u know that what dee said about offer$ is right because why behave this way if u aint getting bread. If MR can somehow offer what those other schools cabt we will be back in no time. If he cant we r in trouble.....he cant have those early warning red flags where he loses elite prospects down the road an expect to be dominant. Those r the red flags i look for early in the beginning of a coaches tenure.

They have to close

Miami can't play that game.

We'll lose every time.

Understand the difference between their revenue stream and their booster network and ours. That will answer all your questions about what we can and can't do. These are just facts.

The wealth of the UM community privately dwarfs that of Bama and the redneck public SEC schools.

The difference is this: very few of the UM millionaires and billionaires care all that much about football. And the ones that do, wouldn't be caught dead giving a wad of cash to some kid.

At Alabaga? The average annual income is barely above the poverty line but every last one of those toothless scum would give their last penny just to see the football team win. That's all they have in their lives. And that's why in the most wretched places in the country you find those type of "boosters" carrying (and dropping) bags.

I wouldn't be so sure.

They have some mega rich boosters, just do your own research. Especially Bear Bryant's son and his banking business. Lots of opportunities to do things. They also have highly monied foundations that we don't have.

There's demographically way more money in south Florida, it's just not that much with our boosters. We have a much smaller school, with a much smaller alumni base, and our boosters aren't the ultra rich, for the most part.

There's tons of rich people in S Florida, 99% don't give a shīt about UM football, almost all are not alums.

This is what people that aren't from down here don't get about Miami and South Florida.

All of this plus, Bama boosters and supporters keep their collective mouths shut about the shady stuff they
do and if one of their own runs to the media they will have to get themselves and family in witness protection
program.
They and other SEC boosters don't tolerate rat snitches.
Contrast and compare to some of our folks who put stuff on the 'net, run to the media,etc.
Different world.

I inferred from the posts I read that these two are becoming headaches to the coaches. Quite frankly, I don't know if these guys are becoming headaches to the coaches. My bad. But, let's assume, for the sake of the argument, that the coaches are getting tired of the flirtations with other schools, do you cut bait at some point?

The age old recruiting question. How good does a kid have to be to let him play games? This may be off topic, but I will say this, every year there are High School kids all over the country who are loyal, but get dropped or have the coach they committed to leave. There are College football players every year who are told by a coach they aren't going to leave the school, only to have their head coach or position coach leave.

How can we complain about loyalty and kids playing games, when college football is one big freaking game?

All of this plus, Bama boosters and supporters keep their collective mouths shut about the shady stuff they
do and if one of their own runs to the media they will have to get themselves and family in witness protection
program.
They and other SEC boosters don't tolerate rat snitches.
Contrast and compare to some of our folks who put stuff on the 'net, run to the media,etc.
Different world.

You get it.

Man get your paranoid a55 out of here. People really letting kids recruitments send them to go on emotional b*tch rants. So ******* corny. You probably shouldn't follow recruiting after every time one of our kids visit another place you are going to yell, "he's disrespecting my alma mater". It's recruiting that sh*t is going to take place

The irony

Advertisement
Back