Strong to USF

Advertisement
his buyout is reduced by what he makes at USF. So in theory he doesn't lose any money.

his buyout is reduced by what he makes at USF. So in theory he doesn't lose any money.

It's only reduced by 50% of what he makes at USF. Didn't say he was going to lose money, but if he didn't have a job he would still make 5 million plus a year for the next 2 years.

I have no idea why people are concerned with him and his decision over a buyout that no one really knows the details of. Golden got everyone in here obsessed with buyouts.

All things considered it's obviously a great hire for them. He should have plenty of time to build his team there.

Advertisement
Good move. He's going to be able to do things his way. USF has no history so Strong can literally coach there forever. More interested in the staff he brings with him. FLA coaches looking pretty stout now.

I can't believe some people believe this is a good hire.

Even in the AAC, Strong will be a terrible coach without Terry Bridgewater.

Strong is a better cultural fit at USF, than he was at UTexas. USF's typical recruit will be a lot more responsive to Strong than the spoiled, prima donna kids he dealt with at Texas. It's a solid hire, and it will further push the out of state schools out of the recruiting scene here. That's great for Miami, who can and should be able to consistently beat out USF for the project kids they want. This may be the best group of coaches throughout the state ever, there are legit coaches all across the state, not just in the big three.

Strong is a better cultural fit at USF, than he was at UTexas. USF's typical recruit will be a lot more responsive to Strong than the spoiled, prima donna kids he dealt with at Texas. It's a solid hire, and it will further push the out of state schools out of the recruiting scene here. That's great for Miami, who can and should be able to consistently beat out USF for the project kids they want. This may be the best group of coaches throughout the state ever, there are legit coaches all across the state, not just in the big three.

Mcelwain a legit coach? Honestly I believe he's Muschamp level godawful.

I'm not 100% sold on Richt either.

Advertisement

Not sold on a coach that's been a head coach for 16 years and has over 150 wins? So the only coaches you must be sold on are Satan and Urban Liar?

His buyout was 11.2 million from Texas, I would have stayed the **** home.

Why?

Because he would make 11.2 million over 2 years ( his contract term was until 2019 ) for doing absolutely nothing. He does lose some of the buyout money for coaching again, but not all of it.
But then he risks becoming irrelevant...better to keep going in a low pressure situation like this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not sold on a coach that's been a head coach for 16 years and has over 150 wins? So the only coaches you must be sold on are Satan and Urban Liar?

I don't care in the least what Richt did at UGA. All I care about is what he does at Miami, and this year he posted a .667 win % while facing a mediocre ACC Coastal and very weak OOC schedule.

Advertisement

Why?

Because he would make 11.2 million over 2 years ( his contract term was until 2019 ) for doing absolutely nothing. He does lose some of the buyout money for coaching again, but not all of it.
But then he risks becoming irrelevant...better to keep going in a low pressure situation like this.

Nah, dude. Milking a buyout always works better longterm for your career. See Corch Radio.Turn down offers. Travel the country on a "learning" tour. Be horrible at tv. THEN jump back in. You only get the choice grade A head corching job offers then.

I'm not exactly a Chuckie Weak fan but I do respect the guy for jumping back in immediately and trying to redeem himself.

Why?

Nah, dude. Milking a buyout always works better longterm for your career. See Corch Radio.Turn down offers. Travel the country on a "learning" tour. Be horrible at tv. THEN jump back in. You only get the choice grade A head corching job offers then.

I'm not exactly a Chuckie Weak fan but I do respect the guy for jumping back in immediately and trying to redeem himself.
Good point....I guess he just wants it. Good for him!

My dude you're the worst poster here.

Go suck on Jimbos ******* some more

Advertisement

Why?

That only works for some. But for a young coach and a minority coach it is always good to keep working that way you are not perceived to be in it for a check. Who needs another hurdle to jump anyway? Smart move on his part. I think this is an excellent hire. And I said sometime back that this was the job Butch should have taken when it came available. The sky is the limit there. UM doesn't recruit the west coast as hard as FSU and UF. So as Smart builds the program those kids that have to leave the state to play up north will stay home. A 4 star WR recruit like James Robinson from Lakeland would be staying home and not headed out of state. It definitely can be another football power in Florida.

Last edited:

I'm not sure why some people don't realize McElwain is a coRch, despite his 2 division titles.

My dude you're the worst poster here.

Go suck on Jimbos ******* some more

I'm not sure why some people don't realize McElwain is a coRch, despite his 2 division titles.

Even in the SEC East he has one of the worst offenses in the country. And he is an offensive minded coach.

Also notice how he does whenever he plays a team outside the SEC East? He gets creamed by FSU (twice), Alabama (twice) and Michigan. He also would have lost to FAU- a team that went 2-10 in C-USA- last year if it weren't for the godawful officiating. I still can't believe that pass interference wasn't called on UF in overtime.

4 very good to great recruiters and talent evaluators in the state of Florida.

Jimbo
Richt
Strong
Butch

Each will get theirs on their respective programs levels.

Advertisement
Back