Strong to USF

Bccrhp

Sophomore
CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd reports that Alabama OC Lane Kiffin would be the leading candidate for USF's head-coaching position should current HC Willie Taggart take another job.

This is far from a slam dunk, as it would require Taggart to take a job elsewhere. However, it shouldn't be discounted outright. Over the weekend, Taggart reportedly interviewed with Oregon regarding the space vacated by Mark Helfrich. Should Taggart land with the Ducks, it would open up South Florida for a potential Kiffin hire. That is assuming Kiffin doesn't take one of any number of other jobs he has been attached to in the last few weeks. Among those, Houston (Dodd hears that he did "well" during that interview) and LSU. Should he decide to join LSU, that job would come in the form of offensive coordinator.

Lane Kiffin - Alabama Crimson Tide - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

I'd imagine that Houston would still be considered a better job, no?

Advertisement
Advertisement
USF would be so much better Off taking a chance on a guy like PJ Fleck than kiffin

Advertisement
I would hate to see Kiffin at USF. I think people are under estimating his potential as HC, despite his prior failures.

Advertisement
I would hate to see Kiffin at USF. I think people are under estimating his potential as HC, despite his prior failures.

I'd be more worried about Taggert staying. He's the truth. Besides even if Kiffin went to USF and performed good or bad it's only a couple year pit stop for him.

I'd take Lincoln Riley over Lame

I'm with you. Lincoln Riley is at least still an unknown as far as head coaching - whereas Kiffin has proven to be an utter disaster time and time and time again.

Usf seems like a good place for Tommy Tuberville if Taggert leaves

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back