Strength and Conditioning

I just re-watched a condensed version of the Clemson game. They couldn't run the ball on us at all. They got zero push against our D-line.

So I guess our D-line doesn't have an S&C issue but our O-line does.

Or maybe...just maybe...we have a talent issue on the O-line.

They averaged like two YPC. S&C is a fake issue.

The OL has been subpar this year. I can’t tell if it’s due to talent or coaching, but it’s not because of S&C.

Maybe bc no one was scared we would/could throw deep ........missed Brad in a big way

We threw deep plenty this year. The OL couldn’t get push against crappy teams with significantly less talent than us on 3rd and 1s. Everybody knows you’re running it, but the good teams are still able to convert that.

Advertisement
Every time we lose

“we look weak”

”we look slow”

”Tommy Moffit”

”SEC”

It would be annoying if it wasn’t so hilarious at this point

Clemsons offense came out on fire and was toying with the defense. Their receivers were going 100 mph at the snap of the ball and doing there zig and zag breaks to perfection. The intensity level of their defense was to attack 0-10 yds from the line of scrimmage with 10 guys on most plays that undercut our quick passes and Rosier would hold the ball a little longer waiting for the receiver to clear. Clemson was looking faster and stronger on some plays but they had a tenacity on defense to attack that zone of 0-10 yds with fiery. We had some plays where we mauled their offensive line but Bryant just hit on his throws and either soft zone coverage or man was beaten. Bryant played his best game throwing the football that night. We do have a little bit of ground to make up in regards to strength on the offensive line. But we also need our players to be more instinctive. Clemson knew what we were running on offense most of the time and we can debate about that to nauseam as well. Better schemed offensive plays and route combos to negate an over attacking defense like Clemson and a QB to throw in tight windows and we will have a punchers chase down the road. Hopefully this gets the players and coaches fuel to work their asses off this offseason to close the gap.

One thing that is noticeable is our lack of physicality. Even when a defender brings down a ball carrier they fall softly to the ground after moving forward. We don't hit and drive ball carriers back. Call it S&C call it poor technique.

Every time we lose

“we look weak”

”we look slow”

”Tommy Moffit”

”SEC”

It would be annoying if it wasn’t so hilarious at this point

At least for this season we were winning and people were saying this. I don't know about other years though.

Advertisement
UGA fans say the S&C results under Smart are drastically different. That doesn't bother anyone?

One thing that is noticeable is our lack of physicality. Even when a defender brings down a ball carrier they fall softly to the ground after moving forward. We don't hit and drive ball carriers back. Call it S&C call it poor technique.

Since when? Our defense has been drilling people all year.

Advertisement
There's so much more to being physical than just Strength & Conditioning.

Being physical is a mind frame.
If a player doesn't have the attitude, no S&C in the world is gonna turn him into a hitter.

You can't just attribute the outcome of games to S&C, it isn't that simple. You guys really think Notre Dame's S&C is inferior to ours? We pushed their **** in all game.

More talented players will always look stronger and faster on the field. Miami used to beat the **** out of teams full of juice balls back in the day. Yall really think Miami's players were stronger than Nebraska's?

There's so much more to being physical than just Strength & Conditioning.

Being physical is a mind frame.
If a player doesn't have the attitude, no S&C in the world is gonna turn him into a hitter.

You can't just attribute the outcome of games to S&C, it isn't that simple. You guys really think Notre Dame's S&C is inferior to ours? We pushed their **** in all game.

More talented players will always look stronger and faster on the field. Miami used to beat the **** out of teams full of juice balls back in the day. Yall really think Miami's players were stronger than Nebraska's?

We're not asking to be stronger then Alabama or ND or w.e.. we're asking to be stronger and more physically imposing against Pitt, Syracuse, UNC, FSU, Duke, Virginia..........

Look at Nkosi Perry, he has gotten considerably thinner since here. I bet he is down to 145 lbs. If Felder knew what he was doing he’d of had him on a diet of heavy rice and lard based meals 7 times a day coupled w low rep power lifting. Also Perry should be restricted from running in our humid climate. Will the IPF have humidity control?

Advertisement
Oh my god another round of S&C threads.

Ridiculous.

Is it not worth a legitimate discussion?

Did you want to have a legitimate discussion after the Notre Dame game? Or VT? Nope.

Miami fans just love digging at old wounds and looking for an old injury to complain about. Clemson is a freaking machine, assembled over the last 5 years, and we are not. We aren't there depth wise, we certainly aren't there at QB, and we had freshman all over the field and key starters out with injury. Our best slot DB (also a TF) got injured on the first drive. S&C has nothing to do with any of that crap.

All year long we've seen this team win the second half and 4th Q especially. THATS S&C, not getting bullied by a more talented, better built and highly efficient program.

The caveat I'll throw out there is the OL. Searles does nothing for me, but I'll admit teams figured out Malik about mid season and the good ones learned he sucks, so just fill the box and make him hit throws. The OL was overburdened by his shortcomings.

Nice point. Roman legions held the older, 30 yr old, men behind the front rank because they were stronger and more experienced. The young 18 yr olds were up front to kill as many emeny as possible before they died. Then the menfolk would win the battle. We had to play kids against menfolk. Eventually those kids wear out. They did great. Next year more will be men and the new kids will not need to play as much and therefore be fresh legs instead on worn out bodies.

I am concerned more with us not being fast enough. We always had short yardage problems because we were not beef cattle, but our speed more than made up for it. The is our dna. More speed, please.

Advertisement
people thinking S&C is an issue are ****ing stupid.

Man lose two games and the idiots really show up here in full force huh.
That’s completely dishonest, in addition to being ******* stupid, that losing two games have brought out questions of S&C. It’s been talked about on the board all season.

And yes, to make the next level jump everything has to be questioned. This year Miami wins the coastal, next years goal HAS TO BE winning the ACC. And, winning the ACC, in all likelihood, means a CFP berth. To get there there must be an evaluation of everything and everyone and how to continually improve it/them. There is a difference between pinpointing blame to a particular unit and reevaluating the effectiveness of a particular unit.

Not to make excuses, but seeing as how that is the absolute opposite of our playing style, I am going to assume fatigue finally caught up to the team.

people thinking S&C is an issue are ****ing stupid.

Man lose two games and the idiots really show up here in full force huh.
That’s completely dishonest, in addition to being ******* stupid, that losing two games have brought out questions of S&C. It’s been talked about on the board all season.

And yes, to make the next level jump everything has to be questioned. This year Miami wins the coastal, next years goal HAS TO BE winning the ACC. And, winning the ACC, in all likelihood, means a CFP berth. To get there there must be an evaluation of everything and everyone and how to continually improve it/them. There is a difference between pinpointing blame to a particular unit and reevaluating the effectiveness of a particular unit.

I made two separate statements. You're being completely dishonest combining them.

You clearly are one of those idiots that think S&C is an issue, so I'm not even going to waste any more of my time.

Advertisement
Back