NFL Stephen Ross is the Worst

Advertisement
You just nailed the Dolphins. Which is sad because I thought when Flores was hired, Miami his the jackpot with him. But, your formula is always true and I should have known better.

Bad owners ---> Bad GMs --------> poor personnel choices --------> bad coaches.
I still like flo. The issue to me is no one is on the same page, it’s clear flo didon’t want tua but was forced onto him.

season 9 episode 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
We get to watch this circus all with the added bonus of knowing we don’t get the draft pick this mess will be awarded

I still like flo. The issue to me is no one is on the same page, it’s clear flo didon’t want tua but was forced onto him.
There's a lot to like about Flores but his dual offensive coordinator crap ****es me off. Also I don't like head coaches that don't stand up to management. If you are strong with your convictions like taking certain players in the draft, free agency, hiring certain coordinators, I would stand my ground. If you are going to get fired, get fired with YOUR players and coaches and not the players and coaches management wants you to coach with.

But the defense seems to have started to play like last year's defense. Phillips and Holland are looking a lot better.
I was digging the Holland pick on draft day but liking him even more and more as he gets comfortable and watching him every week.

Advertisement
season 9 episode 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
We get to watch this circus all with the added bonus of knowing we don’t get the draft pick this mess will be awarded
Miami's pick this year (awarded to Philly) will be top 5 and maybe even top 3. The pick Miami gets is the 49ers, which will be 8-12 range. They also get an extra first rounder in 2023. It's not THAT bad of a trade. It's a bad trade if Waddle doesn't become a game-breaking WR who averages over 1K a season and 10 TDs.

Miami gets: Waddle, Niners pick this year (currently 10th), Niners 1st round pick 2023, and their own 1st round pick 2023
Philly gets: Devonta Smith, Dolphins 1st round pick 2022 (which would be currently 4th).

Smith stats: 38 rec. 537 yards, 2TDs
Waddle stats: 56 rec. 496 yards 3 TDs

The trade isn't bad. It's who's picking for the Dolphins that makes the trade bad.

Advertisement
That was the day I was over it as well. He essentially invited the visiting team and gators fans into the stadium to cheer for the opposing team. Like who the fu@k does that?
Wrong on so manny levels. I was slowly losing interest for years before that… but that was even worse than inept football.

You just nailed the Dolphins. Which is sad because I thought when Flores was hired, Miami his the jackpot with him. But, your formula is always true and I should have known better.

Bad owners ---> Bad GMs --------> poor personnel choices --------> bad coaches.
It just seems like even if a coach is good, he isn’t supported as needed to succeed. Flores maybe OK but we won’t know until his next job.
Belichik is maybe the best example of this. he was mediocre with the Browns and a hall of fame coach with the Patriots. Same guy, different situation.

Advertisement
Miami's pick this year (awarded to Philly) will be top 5 and maybe even top 3. The pick Miami gets is the 49ers, which will be 8-12 range. They also get an extra first rounder in 2023. It's not THAT bad of a trade. It's a bad trade if Waddle doesn't become a game-breaking WR who averages over 1K a season and 10 TDs.

Miami gets: Waddle, Niners pick this year (currently 10th), Niners 1st round pick 2023, and their own 1st round pick 2023
Philly gets: Devonta Smith, Dolphins 1st round pick 2022 (which would be currently 4th).

Smith stats: 38 rec. 537 yards, 2TDs
Waddle stats: 56 rec. 496 yards 3 TDs

The trade isn't bad. It's who's picking for the Dolphins that makes the trade bad.
I have no issue with the 49ers trade. Its the Philly trade they never should have pulled the trigger on.

I think its a built in defense mechanism Ive acquired over the years to stop myself from going bonkers every week after every loss, just knowing we are going another rung up the draft board ladder hahaha. I dont get to use that trick this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back