NFL Stephen Ross is the Worst

I would likely watch next to no NFL football at this point if not for fantasy football. I’m close with some of Huizenga’s folks and they were laughing when Ross bought the team. “He has no idea what he’s getting into,” was the common refrain. Drafting Tua was it for me. Only millennial fanboys saw that as anything but a disaster.

Advertisement
I’m more interested in F1 racing than the dolphins.

Ross is probably more interested in having an F1 race as well since they're lucrative as ****. Saw an estimate of 227 million to a football game average of 24 million. So say it's even half of thayz that's still 5 home games worth of revenue.

Ross is probably more interested in having an F1 race as well since they're lucrative as ****. Saw an estimate of 227 million to a football game average of 24 million. So say it's even half of thayz that's still 5 home games worth of revenue.
Ok. Great. He's the owner of the Miami Dolphins.

Where's the football? Dude's cancer.

Advertisement
I've accepted that for a while...Dan Marino was the golden era. The ownership is incompetent. You can almost guarantee that whatever move they don't make...to have made the move was the correct choice. They're like a Star Trek Mirror Universe of my formerly beloved franchise. An organization more concerned with Game of Thrones politics and "making a splash".

• They've literally invested more draft choices in the last 15 years in offensive linemen than any other team, yet not once in 15 years did they even obtain an average line
  • They spent three first round draft choices in four years on the running back position
  • They spent five second round draft choices in six years on the quarterback position, yet only one player (Henne) lasted beyond his second year.
The Dolphins are literally the Brooklyn Brawlers or Iron Mike Sharpes of the NFL.
I love Marino too but Shula and the 70’s was the golden era.

Last game I went to was against the Texans and they were killing us. While getting smacked they would show the minority owners laughing it up in the suites. They did this Fins Up thing and I thought maybe we were now the Makos.

We scored and that’s when I found out Buffet sang our fight song. Changed logo and colors and just got to thinking what team is this.

I am older though.

Lots of parallels with the canes and fish…

Go Panthers

You're forgetting he forced Tua on Grier. A broken QB with an average arm and below average height. Tua was never the answer. Now we'll end the season with a top 3-5 pick that we don't own and are about to be looking for a QB, again.
Ross wanted Herbert.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember watching Phins games with my dad when I was just a little kid trying to figure out how football worked. When Shula retired in 95, it struck me because I was almost 30 and he was the only Dolphins coach I'd ever known.

I never imagined it would end like this.

not like this GIF

Advertisement
Back