NFL Stephen Ross is the Worst

Advertisement
That defense became horrid in 1986, and Shula spent the 87,88,89,90, and 92 drafts trying to fix it. The offensive personnel got less attention, aside from Miami drafting Webb and Smith in 89 and 90. Its why the Marks Brothers were both still starting as wide receivers in 1992, eight years after their heyday.
When Shula drafted Marino, he adjusted his offensive philosophy to suit his talents and neglected the defense. The offense had to outscore the opponents because our defense sucked. During the Super Bowl runs in the early 70’s, the No Name defense kept us in games along with Czonka, Kiick, and Morris.

That defense became horrid in 1986, and Shula spent the 87,88,89,90, and 92 drafts trying to fix it. The offensive personnel got less attention, aside from Miami drafting Webb and Smith in 89 and 90. Its why the Marks Brothers were both still starting as wide receivers in 1992, eight years after their heyday.
I'm just saying my memories of Dan Marino are going 9-7 and losing in the WC round. Meanwhile the 'Canes were winning 10+ every year in 11 game seasons and were a **** of a lot more fun to watch. I've never trusted the Dolphins to be more than an average at best franchise. It shouldn't be a shock they suck, they've been meh since 1986.

When Shula drafted Marino, he adjusted his offensive philosophy to suit his talents and neglected the defense. The offense had to outscore the opponents because our defense sucked. During the Super Bowl runs in the early 70’s, the No Name defense kept us in games along with Czonka, Kiick, and Morris.
This is basically the reason why Griese should not be a HOF player.

Advertisement
I said when this clown bought the team that the Dolphins would never win anything under his ownership.

I don't care how many billions this guy made in real estate. Anyone who conceives of this tennis and F1 nonsense to totally **** over the fans that make 90% of gameday revenues (Dolphins, Canes, concerts) is a total loser.

The parking situation is such a joke you couldn't make it up. One can only hope there is a better permanent situation but I am not holding my breath.

Year 3 of the "rebuild." 2-7. Two offensive coordinators. Chan Gailey last year. Adam Gase. Mike Tannenbaum. Chris Grier. Dion Jordan.

Loser owner. Loser team. Total reflection of everything that happens from the top down.

This guy should be run of out town.

#RossOut
That other nonsense you speak of is to make up for his complete mismanagement and ineptitude

I'm just saying my memories of Dan Marino are going 9-7 and losing in the WC round. Meanwhile the 'Canes were winning 10+ every year in 11 game seasons and were a **** of a lot more fun to watch. I've never trusted the Dolphins to be more than an average at best franchise. It shouldn't be a shock they suck, they've been meh since 1986.
The Dolphins were solid, if unspectacular, for about 20 years from when Marino was drafted in ‘83 through 2003. But don’t blame Marino, his defenses ranged from bad to God awful. When the best defensive guys Marino played with before the tail end of his career (Taylor and Thomas) are guys like Bryan Cox and JB Brown, there was always going to be limitations with the team. That’s why they could never slow down the Bills, their defense was Swiss cheese every year.

That other nonsense you speak of is to make up for his complete mismanagement and ineptitude
The irony, of course, is that the attempts at distraction just dig an even deeper hole (this is a literal hole if you've walked the west side of the parking lot).

Advertisement
Quite frankly, I was surprised he got in. I love Griese but he was the ultimate game manager. The run game - Czonka, Kiick, and Morris - and the No Name defense won those Super Bowls.
He threw for 8 of 11 for 88 yards 1td and 1 int in the perfect season superbowl. his numbers were pedestrian.

Advertisement
The stadium experience is not remotely affordable and barely enjoyable. The food sucks as well.

Good viewing spots I guess?

I would likely watch next to no NFL football at this point if not for fantasy football. I’m close with some of Huizenga’s folks and they were laughing when Ross bought the team. “He has no idea what he’s getting into,” was the common refrain. Drafting Tua was it for me. Only millennial fanboys saw that as anything but a disaster.
When I heard the Dolphins were dead set on drafting Tua, my eyes went o_O.

A first round pick on a guy that was a good qb for Alabama, average physical tools, and was coming off a gnarly hip surgery. And, no matter what docs will tell you, would hamper your mobility and throwing mechanic.

I told my stepdad the Dolphins tanked the wrong year and should've got Trevor Lawrence.

I don't watch much NFL, but since I live in Skins/Ravens territory, I figured I'll give it a watch, especially since I noticed the halftime score...my impressions is wow, WTH is Tua doing in the NFL? Last time I saw similar throwing motion, I was watching teary United Way commercial. Lol at the Ravens...gotta catchup with my CrabCake friends over this embarrassment.

Advertisement
I don't watch much NFL, but since I live in Skins/Ravens territory, I figured I'll give it a watch, especially since I noticed the halftime score...my impressions is wow, WTH is Tua doing in the NFL? Last time I saw similar throwing motion, I was watching teary United Way commercial. Lol at the Ravens...gotta catchup with my CrabCake friends over this embarrassment.
The Dolphins' offensive staff has no scheme or direction.

they've never seen the campus and don't care that it is a school first
That's what I don't get about the on campus heros. Where are they putting it. Below are the same scale for the campus and Hard Rock. Even if they could somehow fit a stadium in there, it would be a complete mess to get in and out of there. That doesn't even take into account parking for 50k fans.

Size of UM Campus:
1636751344480.png

Size of Hard Rock:
1636751383482.png

That's what I don't get about the on campus heros. Where are they putting it. Below are the same scale for the campus and Hard Rock. Even if they could somehow fit a stadium in there, it would be a complete mess to get in and out of there. That doesn't even take into account parking for 50k fans.

Size of UM Campus:
View attachment 160628

Size of Hard Rock:
View attachment 160629
So we can get an on campus F1 track too! That’s ******* fantastic!!!

Advertisement
Back