Stephen A Smiff Mad Yall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been able to stand listening to this guy. He needs to take it to church, that's what I've always thought about how he speaks. Annoying *** ****er, but he's entitled to his opinion.

He is not entitled to that opinion. Miami has been one of the most non-discriminating diversified athletic departments in the Country over the years. ****, they let Leonard Hamilton basically select his own African-American replacement when he left.

Kellen Winslow, Sr., arguably one the most racist public figures I have seen in sports, said he was fine with his son playing for Miami because of the number of minority assistants under Coker...since his son wasn't going to play for Willingham.

Bottom line, the issue with this guy is grandstanding time...he has to have it. It is coincidental I'm sure lol, that he chooses to go on his latest rant at the time of the Richt hiring.

I always find it amusing that guys like this would almost rather minority coaches who are not qualified and who will not be considered waste their time to be interviewed, so that he can feel vastly better about the situation and say...school x did a "fair" search. Completely different if there is a qualified candidate and desired interview, but if that doesn't exist....what...want us to fabricate a situation to appease your self-righteousness? GTFOH. Hue Jackson was ALLEGEDLY interested...and I would imagine if there was an ounce of truth to that, KF reach out to gauge said interest.

Bottom line though, when people ask why spend money on a search firm / outfit like Korn Ferry, don't fool yourself into believing this sort of thing isn't considered a factor in that decision. Miami is the last University that should ever be accused of racism...race, nationality or even *** thanks to our fervent adherence to Title IX under Marxist Shalala...but these idiots can be found ANYTIME a Caucasian is hired on what appears to be an advantage...such as being an alumnus or maybe being the most qualified candidate available with many other open jobs to look at. Factors like that and the need to secure the contractual commitment of such a prized guy never is considered in these ramblings....just who was interviewed. While I am all about transparency and civil rights, etc....sometimes the damage that can occur long term by drawing out coaching searches to appease everyone...financial, loss of recruits, bowl games, etc....has to take priority.

UM

Advertisement
Rooney Rule, that's the rule that has candidates come in dressed up for a job they know they have no chance of getting right? I bet that's not embarrassing. The Rooney Rule has been a joke in the NFL.

Would not go so far to say the Rooney Rule is a "joke" in the NFL as Mike Tomlin is a product of that process. If the Rooney Rule had not been in effect at the time, Mr. Tomlin does not get an interview. So the Rule has had its moments.

He does have a point but picked the wrong situation to bring this up. The Rooney Rule is BS but I do find it weird that a coach like Shannon basically has to work his way back from the bottom as a position coach but Al Golden and Will Muschamp are HC candidates immediately.

Richt is a different story though because he has a much better resume than those. Not surprised that a loudmouth like Stephen A can't see the difference.
Good point... Al Golden will be a head coach long before Randy Shannon

Neither one of those idiots deserve to be head coaches again

So he goes on a rant but when asked who would you recommend he cant answer that....blames America....***** idiot

Advertisement
I've never been able to stand listening to this guy. He needs to take it to church, that's what I've always thought about how he speaks. Annoying *** ****er, but he's entitled to his opinion.

He is not entitled to that opinion. Miami has been one of the most non-discriminating diversified athletic departments in the Country over the years. ****, they let Leonard Hamilton basically select his own African-American replacement when he left.

Kellen Winslow, Sr., arguably one the most racist public figures I have seen in sports, said he was fine with his son playing for Miami because of the number of minority assistants under Coker...since his son wasn't going to play for Willingham.

Bottom line, the issue with this guy is grandstanding time...he has to have it. It is coincidental I'm sure lol, that he chooses to go on his latest rant at the time of the Richt hiring.

I always find it amusing that guys like this would almost rather minority coaches who are not qualified and who will not be considered waste their time to be interviewed, so that he can feel vastly better about the situation and say...school x did a "fair" search. Completely different if there is a qualified candidate and desired interview, but if that doesn't exist....what...want us to fabricate a situation to appease your self-righteousness? GTFOH. Hue Jackson was ALLEGEDLY interested...and I would imagine if there was an ounce of truth to that, KF reach out to gauge said interest.

Bottom line though, when people ask why spend money on a search firm / outfit like Korn Ferry, don't fool yourself into believing this sort of thing isn't considered a factor in that decision. Miami is the last University that should ever be accused of racism...race, nationality or even *** thanks to our fervent adherence to Title IX under Marxist Shalala...but these idiots can be found ANYTIME a Caucasian is hired on what appears to be an advantage...such as being an alumnus or maybe being the most qualified candidate available with many other open jobs to look at. Factors like that and the need to secure the contractual commitment of such a prized guy never is considered in these ramblings....just who was interviewed. While I am all about transparency and civil rights, etc....sometimes the damage that can occur long term by drawing out coaching searches to appease everyone...financial, loss of recruits, bowl games, etc....has to take priority.

UM

Shannon > Golden...Babers >Richt.

he always yells when he speaks, guy maybe has hearing loss?

Because he's a braying jackass.
Braying-Jackass.jpg

Advertisement
He does have a point but picked the wrong situation to bring this up. The Rooney Rule is BS but I do find it weird that a coach like Shannon basically has to work his way back from the bottom as a position coach but Al Golden and Will Muschamp are HC candidates immediately.

Richt is a different story though because he has a much better resume than those. Not surprised that a loudmouth like Stephen A can't see the difference.

I dunno if he's changed his demeanor since then, but Shannon was a sourpuss when he was head coach. Clenched his teeth during interviews and genuinely did not like talking to them. Now personally I don't care if a coach likes to talk or not - as long as they win on the field (i.e. - Nick Saban). Shannon would've gotten away with that stoic style if he won some football games. Alas, he didn't.

Golden, being the used car saleman that he is, is effusive and jovial and knows how to charm and schmooze his way into gigs. The man could sell water to a whale and flash that bright smile while doing it. When he interviewed with Rutgers and they asked him what he would do differently as a coach this time around, I'm sure he blew a bunch of smoke up their asses.

I don't think it's a race issue between them as much as it's a difference in personalities.

He'll winn more acc titles than strong will win big 12 titles.

Hes more getting at cfb as a whole fhdre nothing they can say bad about us they cant.

Advertisement

I assume coaching is about connections as much as anything else. You make a valid point about muschamp the guy shouldn't get a second shot. As for golden the argument is that it was a bad fit so I can understand Rutgers wanting to test it out.

I I think schools passing on Babers is ridiculous but not cause he's black but cause he can coach. If it's due to race well these ADs are retarded

he was wrong about richt. Muschamp would have been a better argument.

WHy is it that these kind of controversial/racist/liberal agenda bullsh!t is always brought up around Miami football. Michigan hires Harbuagh and guarantee Stephen A didn't say a word. VT grabs Fuentes (their first candidate) and Stephen A doesn't say anything.

Why is MIAMI ALWAYS at the center of liberal attention with this kind of ****?

Can we ever just do something good and not have it viewed in some sort of negative way?

I'm done wasting my time with this lunatics. You guys already know liberalism is a mental disorder - now the country is starting to finally open their eyes to just how evil and bigoted these people are.

Advertisement

Neither one of those idiots deserve to be head coaches again

Could you imagine trying to listen to Randy in an interview, it would be awful.

First 1:40 is perfect and absolutely true. The rest, absolute bull****. Smith always tries to play the race card.

Practices his speeches in front of a mirror then just stares in the mirror for hours...Racist if I've ever heard one...ESPN needs to get rid of him..

yeah averaging nearly 10 wins a game in the sec for 15 years especially when u dismissed kids like crowell, mettenberger, etc and had injuries to gurley, chubb, murray,etc really should prevent u from getting another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back