Stephen A Smiff Mad Yall

Status
Not open for further replies.
you cant take that show seriously they just spew **** for entertainment and the sake of arguing, last week skip suggested the cowboys will sign brett favre 5 years out of pro football for God sake

Advertisement
Babers was the best black candidate this go round but he was not more qualified than Richt

BS!

Their resumes are practically the same. Except it took Babers 28 years to get a HCing job, while it only took Richt 15. Skip was right, CFB DOES need a Rooney Rule.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He does have a point but picked the wrong situation to bring this up. The Rooney Rule is BS but I do find it weird that a coach like Shannon basically has to work his way back from the bottom as a position coach but Al Golden and Will Muschamp are HC candidates immediately.

Richt is a different story though because he has a much better resume than those. Not surprised that a loudmouth like Stephen A can't see the difference.

What about Asian head coaches?

What about Hispanic head coaches?

Babers was the best black candidate this go round but he was not more qualified than Richt

BS!

Their resumes are practically the same
. Except it took Babers 28 years to get a HCing job, while it only took Richt 15. Skip was right, CFB DOES need a Rooney Rule.

Are you kidding? Babers resume isnt really close Richt.

SAY WHAT?!!

Hawaii (GA)

Arizona State (GA)

Eastern Illinois (RB)

1988–1989
UNLV (ST/RB)

Northern Arizona (ST)

1991–1993
Purdue (WR)

San Diego State (WR)

1995–1997
Arizona (WR/RB/QB)

1998–2000
Arizona (OC/QB)

2001–2002
Texas A&M (OC/QB)

Pittsburgh (RB)

2004–2007
UCLA (asst. HC/RB/QB)

Baylor (WR/RC)

2009–2011
Baylor (ST/WR)

2012–2013
Eastern Illinois

2014–present
Bowling Green

Skip was right, CFB DOES need a Rooney Rule.

If the NCAA had a Rooney rule, the 14 schools that are looking for coaches would all have to interview the same two guys. There just aren't enough qualified black assistants out there to force everyone to bring one in for an interview.

Advertisement
I've no problem with what Stephen A Smith said. I think the bigger case is Al Golden possibly getting a job in a power 5 conference Randy Shannon can't even be a coordinator, I doubt Mike London or Curtis Johnson see a job anytime soon.

BS!

Their resumes are practically the same
. Except it took Babers 28 years to get a HCing job, while it only took Richt 15. Skip was right, CFB DOES need a Rooney Rule.

Are you kidding? Babers resume isnt really close Richt.

SAY WHAT?!!

Hawaii (GA)

Arizona State (GA)

Eastern Illinois (RB)

1988–1989
UNLV (ST/RB)

Northern Arizona (ST)

1991–1993
Purdue (WR)

San Diego State (WR)

1995–1997
Arizona (WR/RB/QB)

1998–2000
Arizona (OC/QB)

2001–2002
Texas A&M (OC/QB)

Pittsburgh (RB)

2004–2007
UCLA (asst. HC/RB/QB)

Baylor (WR/RC)

2009–2011
Baylor (ST/WR)

2012–2013
Eastern Illinois

2014–present
Bowling Green

Not really close huh?

1985–1988
Florida State (GA)

East Carolina (OC)

1990–1993
Florida State (QB)

1994–2000
Florida State (OC/QB)

2001–2015 Georgia

He spends all that time complaining about the hire, with Skip in the background agreeing with his every word. And then can't give even one name of a canidate that got passed over. And blatantly says he doesn't have to give a name, because whatever lol.

BS!

Their resumes are practically the same. Except it took Babers 28 years to get a HCing job, while it only took Richt 15. Skip was right, CFB DOES need a Rooney Rule.

their resumes are nothing alike. put that crack pipe down for a sec.

Advertisement
He spends all that time complaining about the hire, with Skip in the background agreeing with his every word. And then can't give even one name of a canidate that got passed over. And blatantly says he doesn't have to give a name, because whatever lol.

He didn't come up with a name because he's just talking loudly about stuff he knows nothing about. Amazing that he couldn't come up with one name.

Right message, wrong messenger. I'd be more inclined to be on Stephen A's side if he wasn't such a boot-lickin coon who tapdances in front of America daily.

People who have agendas are SO tiresome.

Advertisement
Rooney Rule, that's the rule that has candidates come in dressed up for a job they know they have no chance of getting right? I bet that's not embarrassing. The Rooney Rule has been a joke in the NFL.

Its a joke, but still needed. Because Blacks still have to dress up and make the powers that be "comfortable"

Such is life in America,
It literally is all about making the powers that be comfortable and able to feel good about themselves.

BS!

their resumes are nothing alike. put that crack pipe down for a sec.

You're right, Baber's resume is better. Try not to blow the neighborhood up geeker.

Stephen A Smith is a blowhard idiot. How he even has a job at ESPN is beyond me.

He does have a point but picked the wrong situation to bring this up. The Rooney Rule is BS but I do find it weird that a coach like Shannon basically has to work his way back from the bottom as a position coach but Al Golden and Will Muschamp are HC candidates immediately.

Richt is a different story though because he has a much better resume than those. Not surprised that a loudmouth like Stephen A can't see the difference.
Good point... Al Golden will be a head coach long before Randy Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back