Stacy Searels trash?

It still boggles my mind how he got another DC job. If you can't field a decent D at MIAMI with the talent available, how can you do it anywhere? Heck, it wasn't even close to decent.
Even scarier that other fans didn't believe us when we warned. Like his ridiculous here was some incredible aberration.
Happened to them exactly as almost every poster here predicted.

Advertisement
Even scarier that other fans didn't believe us when we warned. Like his ridiculous here was some incredible aberration.
Happened to them exactly as almost every poster here predicted.
Yeah, they were warned. I get it, they wanted to believe the best, but at some point you have to look at what he did at Miami and ask, "Why was Miami's D so bad?" It's as if none of them even asked the question. Everything, and I mean everything pointed straight to him.

Just noticed Bryant McKinney talking about how Searels destroyed the olines confidence and criticized some of their technique. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about what a **** show this guy was. Definitely gives me a little more hope for our oline.

Watch searles on the sideline of any game & you’d see for yourself..just yelling like a crazy man

Advertisement
A bar so low a paraplegic could clear it.

I get it, it's very easy to defend him when you look at it through the lens of our past coaching staphs this century, but it still stings we hired him when his career was so clearly in a downwards trajectory. He may have delivered one somewhat successful season and one very successful (by our standards) season and donated money to an already all but guaranteed IPF, but there were better hires out there that were easy choices and would've outperformed his career here by leaps and bounds. It came back to bite us in the *** by the end of season 2 and almost decimated the program if he didn't do a thing literally never seen before and walk away from millions.

Who?

I was with Mike yesterday. The favorite is N’Kosi to start vs UF. There’s still plenty of time between now and then so let’s see how it plays out.

What was also interesting was he mentioned Chaney has been playing rb/dB at Belen. And that he spoke with Chaney’s father who could see him as a defensive back at the next level. I don’t want to say that this is the expectation (he is being recruiting at rb, and as our only one in the class thus far we need him there). But this is just a possibility due to the kids talent. Apparently Belen puts him on any athletic receiver they face, and he has been locking them down. Im sure this isn’t that surprising to anyone here, but Chaney’s a beast. Can’t wait to get him on our roster

If he can play the position at an NFL level, he’d have a MUCH more valuable career at CB. Obviously, that’s a big if.

Advertisement
I was with Mike yesterday. The favorite is N’Kosi to start vs UF. There’s still plenty of time between now and then so let’s see how it plays out.

What was also interesting was he mentioned Chaney has been playing rb/dB at Belen. And that he spoke with Chaney’s father who could see him as a defensive back at the next level. I don’t want to say that this is the expectation (he is being recruiting at rb, and as our only one in the class thus far we need him there). But this is just a possibility due to the kids talent. Apparently Belen puts him on any athletic receiver they face, and he has been locking them down. Im sure this isn’t that surprising to anyone here, but Chaney’s a beast. Can’t wait to get him on our roster

0.01% chance that Diaz trusts Perry. If Miami had brought in a new HC, then Perry might win the position. Diaz witnessed Perry's terrible decision making, on and off the field for two years. You are underestimating how much that will factor into Diazs thinking (and if you think that Enos makes the pick without Diaz having to sign off, you are wrong). I think the coaches want Martell to win the job, but they aren't going to hand it to him. If Perry beats him out by a sizable margin, then Perry deserves to start. If they are close, tie goes to Martell since Diaz knows what he is getting out of Perry.

It was previously reported that Perry and Jarren didn't even start studying film until Martell arrived and they saw that he was constantly in the film room. During games, the Center had to make calls that Perry was supposed to make but couldn't because he hadn't done his homework. Preparation leads to success. Perry is more talented but Martell knows how to prepare. Coaches want a qb who is basically a coach on the field, and it is highly unlikely Perry suddenly developed the study habits of Peyton Manning.

romberg talked about their visit this am on the radio. Romberg said he went there to tear these kids apart. he told them they're the weakest group on the team. he said he talked about being better as a team while mckinnie said you guys are costing yourselves money in the draft by playing like ***.

0.01% chance that Diaz trusts Perry. If Miami had brought in a new HC, then Perry might win the position. Diaz witnessed Perry's terrible decision making, on and off the field for two years. You are underestimating how much that will factor into Diazs thinking (and if you think that Enos makes the pick without Diaz having to sign off, you are wrong). I think the coaches want Martell to win the job, but they aren't going to hand it to him. If Perry beats him out by a sizable margin, then Perry deserves to start. If they are close, tie goes to Martell since Diaz knows what he is getting out of Perry.

It was previously reported that Perry and Jarren didn't even start studying film until Martell arrived and they saw that he was constantly in the film room. During games, the Center had to make calls that Perry was supposed to make but couldn't because he hadn't done his homework. Preparation leads to success. Perry is more talented but Martell knows how to prepare. Coaches want a qb who is basically a coach on the field, and it is highly unlikely Perry suddenly developed the study habits of Peyton Manning.

DSDcane said perry is ahead of the three from what i read but could be wrong. idk what to expect from tate bc he barely played ever and same with williams. i give two returning QBs a break from last year considering we had zero coaching

Advertisement
This OL scares me more than Qb. We know what Enos can do.. Look at his body of work all his QBs get better. It's a proven fact.
There's too much talent in the OLine room for that group to be as bad this year.

Just put your best 5 guys out there and let them gel as a unit.

Mark was a far better CEO (turned the program around from an operational/fundraising perspective) and a slightly better coach (our offense in 2018 was atrocious, but probably not quite as bad as our defense in 2012... kind of splitting hairs though).
I’m still not sold on far better CEO. Golden had Shalala who single handily ruined UM sports. Frenk has been a huge supporter of the football program. So Richt had backing of the administration that Golden didn’t. Plus the IPF was already being built. As for the offensive performance this year, it was exactly the same frustrating non imaginary system as our defense during Golden. Run, run, pass was the same exact BS as CB’s 12 yard off the LOS and fat unathletic DLinemen engaging with the OLine and not asked to make plays. Running a misdirecting was like asking Coach No D to play man and send an extra guy. Hopefully we can put it together on both sides of the ball.

PS Richt was one of the worst coaches in football last year and maybe the most overrated of all time

Not the first time something like this has been said. Manny in an interview said something along the lines of “when everything is blamed on you you’re confidence is attacked and you can’t perform as well” when asked about why the o line struggled. Seems like searels was an ***.

Advertisement
I was getting laughed off the board for making threads criticizing Searles. I see the people that defended him aren't commenting. Easily Richts worst hire

Advertisement
Back