Stacy Searels trash?

Advertisement
Of course he has to earn it. My point is if the coaches have made their decision it was probably not deciding against Tate. You can’t put him behind the others after his spring game and outworking in the other in the offseason. If Nkosi was in the lead I think we’d have more of an open competition right now.
Yea but didn't N'Kosi win the QB award in the spring? I really think its close between N'Kosi and Tate

He wasn't a savior. I just had an issue with the phrase "he kills everything he touches". If anything, the program was dead before he got hired. He left UM the same way he left UGA, in better shape than he found it but not up to the fans' standards. As for other hires that "would have outperformed his career by leaps and bounds" that could be true but in reality it's purely speculation. Just an assumption.
It's misleading to say that about UGA. The real issue the fans had was that the program had regressed the last 5 years and was trending in the wrong direction. Many believed it was becasue of Richt and Smart came in and almost immediately proved that to be the case.

Like the UGA fans that correctly assumed they'd be better off without Richt, I'll make the assumption that there were other hires back in '15 that weren't difficult choices that would have heavily outperformed him.

You knew Searels was a SHlT when our starting guards going into last season were Hayden Mahoney and Jahair Jones.
Exactly. There was too much erring on the side of experience instead of playing the best guy at each position. Who cares is they're seniors if they can't play?

Advertisement
Not so sure I'd say that. His first two seasons were the most successful seasons at Miami in 15 years. He was instrumental in getting the practice facility, even donating his own money. When he floundered in season three, he had the integrity to step down, essentially giving away millions of dollars remaining on is contract. He surely made some questionable hires and didn't get the spectacular results we were all hoping for but he definitely didn't "kill" the program here. If anything he breathed a little bit of life into it and left it in better shape than when he inherited it.

He (Richt) undoubtedly raised the stature and reputation of the program substantially. Say what you will about Finebaum, but when Richt was hired he called our program a dumpster fire. After three years of Richt, even he had to admit this is an attractive job.

Advertisement
I don't mean to be ugly - but by merely looking at D'Onofrio's face - the stupid oozed and shone like a beacon!
It still boggles my mind how he got another DC job. If you can't field a decent D at MIAMI with the talent available, how can you do it anywhere? Heck, it wasn't even close to decent.

I was with Mike yesterday. The favorite is N’Kosi to start vs UF. There’s still plenty of time between now and then so let’s see how it plays out.

What was also interesting was he mentioned Chaney has been playing rb/dB at Belen. And that he spoke with Chaney’s father who could see him as a defensive back at the next level. I don’t want to say that this is the expectation (he is being recruiting at rb, and as our only one in the class thus far we need him there). But this is just a possibility due to the kids talent. Apparently Belen puts him on any athletic receiver they face, and he has been locking them down. Im sure this isn’t that surprising to anyone here, but Chaney’s a beast. Can’t wait to get him on our roster

It still boggles my mind how he got another DC job. If you can't field a decent D at MIAMI with the talent available, how can you do it anywhere? Heck, it wasn't even close to decent.
Those were, bar none, the absolute worst defenses I've ever seen from UM. And at a certain point, many of the players looked like they gave poor effort, which is indicative of the lack of faith they had in the system.

To top of off, Doritos had the nerve to consistently blame the players publicly for not running the system correctly, FOH

Advertisement
I was with Mike yesterday. The favorite is N’Kosi to start vs UF. There’s still plenty of time between now and then so let’s see how it plays out.

What was also interesting was he mentioned Chaney has been playing rb/dB at Belen. And that he spoke with Chaney’s father who could see him as a defensive back at the next level. I don’t want to say that this is the expectation (he is being recruiting at rb, and as our only one in the class thus far we need him there). But this is just a possibility due to the kids talent. Apparently Belen puts him on any athletic receiver they face, and he has been locking them down. Im sure this isn’t that surprising to anyone here, but Chaney’s a beast. Can’t wait to get him on our roster

Mike Bakas?

Not only was Searles a ****** coach , he was an unlikable prick. There was multiple kids who didn’t come here last year just on his personality.

Advertisement
Do we have someone who can actually play right tackle though? Ideally Nelson would redshirt and not be forced to play at 275 ish pounds. However if him and Scaife are the two best tackles, then that's who needs to be out there.
Yep. Honestly aren't most college defensive ends 250 ish and smaller? Burns from FSU last year gave us fits and might have weighed 225 if you tied a bunch of cinder blocks to him

The college game changes with innovations. Defensive ends keep getting taller but lighter. I wonder if big cumbersome Tackles are to slow to block properly. Perhaps Nelson looks good because he is quick? Isn't it reasonable that tackles need to be more athletic then huge?

The college game changes with innovations. Defensive ends keep getting taller but lighter. I wonder if big cumbersome Tackles are to slow to block properly. Perhaps Nelson looks good because he is quick? Isn't it reasonable that tackles need to be more athletic then huge?

Athleticism and quick feet are more necessary at LT than brute strength and size. You still have to be strong enough to anchor a bull rush and you have to be able to run block at least adequately. Pass protection is the premium but you can't be totally one dimensional.

Advertisement
Back