Stacy Searels trash?

Advertisement
I’ve never seen an oline CORCH ever shuffle oline players up and down in every series like he did...

I can see why dudes like like DJ, ND, and others couldn’t find confidence because they knew they might play both tackle spots maybe guard at least one series of the game. How do you feel confident about your technique and play calling there

This wasnt the biggest problem with the offense but to me it was by far the most annoying cause its so simple. Pick the best 5 and start them at the same position every game for every meaningful snap. To have guys play different positions in game was so ludicrous. Never seen any team do that before.

And people on here love to think Richt still has a career in football serving as an AD when it's proven the man kills everything he touches. Look forward to hearing his analysis this season and betting on the complete opposite of everything he says.

So based off of a former players opinion of a coach he didn't play for Richt has zero credibility...interesting take.

Advertisement
Maybe.
source.gif

Just noticed Bryant McKinney talking about how Searels destroyed the olines confidence and criticized some of their technique. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about what a **** show this guy was. Definitely gives me a little more hope for our oline.
You want to help - help, but don't show up on the news talking about it. He's in this for himself, would be cautious about letting to many former
players show up to 'coach'.

Advertisement
Two points.

I was suspicious of the Searles hire right from the start because his track record while long, was pretty mediocre. He coached a bunch of bad offensive lines with only a few standout years. I figured Richt had to hire someone with experience on offense since the rest of the offensive staff was 100% green.

I actually prefer to have former players come back and help out rather than try to become coaches. There's a lot more to coaching than showing up to a couple practices and giving pointers. I really don't think a lot of these former players, especially the retired NFL stars want to invest the time into the recruiting, film study and preparation that takes up a huge amount of a college coach's time. Having an NFL pro bowl tackle come in and give advice and work on technique with the guys is great though.

Advertisement
Uhmmm did you watch the last 3 years? Everyone has known Searels was terrible. I will give him credit for at least trying to recruit though unlike coach Kool. Searels left Barry with a few talents players. I just watched the interview and it also sounds like coaches know who our QB is already.
North Carolina may not have a qb left by the end of the game when we play them.

Advertisement
We need Scaife to lock down that LT job.

Everyone is high on Nelson but hopefully he gets to play in 4 games and redshirt.
Scaife is our best tackle right now. I think some people are getting too caught up on the fact the he's 6'3, but that doesn't matter if you play with good technique. I really want to see him as our starting LT especially in the 1st game.

And people on here love to think Richt still has a career in football serving as an AD when it's proven the man kills everything he touches.

Not so sure I'd say that. His first two seasons were the most successful seasons at Miami in 15 years. He was instrumental in getting the practice facility, even donating his own money. When he floundered in season three, he had the integrity to step down, essentially giving away millions of dollars remaining on is contract. He surely made some questionable hires and didn't get the spectacular results we were all hoping for but he definitely didn't "kill" the program here. If anything he breathed a little bit of life into it and left it in better shape than when he inherited it.

We need Scaife to lock down that LT job.

Everyone is high on Nelson but hopefully he gets to play in 4 games and redshirt.

Do we have someone who can actually play right tackle though? Ideally Nelson would redshirt and not be forced to play at 275 ish pounds. However if him and Scaife are the two best tackles, then that's who needs to be out there.

Advertisement
Back