Stacy Searels trash?

Haven’t read this whole thread so I’m sorry if it was brought up. Cmr’s first season I sat like row 10 behind The oline and that coach. I never played football. I served in the marines for 4 years.
The dude was always lighting them up and just being a dck. The players would never respond. They wouldn’t even look at him. Constantly talking sht down to them. I never brought it up cause I’ve never played. But I would tell my wife that there is no way those kids are gonna play hard for that guy. No fckng way.

Advertisement
he donated the 1 mill immediately i thought (unless he got some kinda signing bonus, wouldnt it have been from his prior earnings at UGA?). also, dismal is a little stupid of a statement. we have 1 bowl win in a decade and it was bc of richt and we have 1 coastal bc of richt and 1 bcs bowl bc of richt. none of the prior coaches have accomplished that. he had a horrible last year and never shouldve hired his son among others, but dismal isnt the right word.
Don't bother.

did you take her class? i actually took her class and i can tell you that she def did care about sports and was always around (youd find her at games and at the rat for lunch). she just needed to not be so involved in the daily handling of the program starting with alvarez near hire to the rest. also, you may wanan look up what julio frenk is about (in terms of his politics and his prior work before UM) if youre gonna be ultra hard conservative lol

No one is disputing that she cared about the football program.... but she was insane enough to micromanage everything under her.

I was there when she was hired and my college roommate was one of the vice provosts under her. He predicted that she was a meddler and micromanager even in areas she had no business meddling.

And her way of meddling included looking at everything with a PC or social justice lens.... which was her innate view of the world and colored everything she saw.

All she needed to do was support the program and set performance expectations for coaches for results on the field.

That was secondary to her without her even realizing it....
...that's the way of the liberal thinking i am referring to.... not which party politics one aligns with.

At the end of the day... WIN .... works on the ballfield and the battlefield.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back