Speed at corner

I never said he’d run 4.3 electronic or even sub 4.3 you village idiot...I said that his hand timed 4.3 will translate to a 4.4 electronic. You said he wouldn’t run anywhere near that based in his high school 100m track times & that’s the dumbest **** in the world...that’s my issue.

His 100m time in high school has no bearing on what he’ll run 2-3 years from then..do you understand that you smart dummy?

Lol keep backpedaling. The facts are he ran a 11.07 and 4.53 VERIFIED LASER times. Which directly correlates to the chart i provided and my inital estimate of his time.

Im 100% certain he hasnt bulked up and shaved .06 of his 100m and .13 off his 40.

M Jackson was also said to have ran 4.3 last offseason...bet the the combine exposes your greentree stopwatch pipe dreams.

Advertisement
Lol keep backpedaling. The facts are he ran a 11.07 and 4.53 VERIFIED LASER times. Which directly correlates to the chart i provided and my inital estimate of his time.

Back pedaling on what? My comments are there for anyone to read & for you to re-read idiot.

That 11.07 was two years ago. Learn to comprehend.

Im 100% certain he hasnt bulked up and shaved .06 of his 100m and .13 off his 40.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 right bc no one ever gets faster...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 this is the dumbest human being in the world. Even after running track for 2 years & then being in a college S&C program which also subsequently works on agility & SPEED.

M Jackson was also said to have ran 4.3 last offseason...bet the the combine exposes your stopwatch pipe dreams.

Like I said...the scouts at the combine & at the pro day will have STOP WATCHES & their hand times are what they go by anyway. The electronic times are for the geeks at home like you.

Last edited:
Cambell doesn’t upset me so much because he was never coming here. Henderson is the one that really ****es me off because Rumph made a huge rookie mistake with chewing him out before he signed which obviously ****ed the kid off and he went to UF. The kid was coming to UM prior to that. In recrutung you have to feed the ego a little until there signed and then tear them a new ***. Rumph should have been smarter then that as signing day was just a few days away. After the fax comes in then let him know that’s not how Canes conduct themselves.
You're speculating!

CB is such a technical position. There's so many things that come into play and different attributes that can make a guy elite.

Speed helps, but I've seen 4.3-4.4 guys get beat because of bad technique.
And then you've got 4.5-4.6 guys who excel because of great technique.

So many things come into play.
*Footwork
*Recognizing spacing and anticipating what route the WR is going to run
*Hips
*Make-up speed

The guys who excel at CB are true masters of their craft...and it takes so much more than speed to reach that mastery.

I/we talk to Fabian Moreau on occasion and he tells us what it's like playing CB in the NFL. The amount of detail involved in playing CB goes far beyond just having speed or other physical attributes. You don't get much faster than he is, and he still gets burnt/beat from time to time.

He can look up film of any WR in the NFL with the simple click of a mouse. Then he can break it down to any detail he wants. For example...He can look up every route that Antonio Brown ran from the left hash, lined up outside the numbers, off the line of scrimmage, in a 10 personnel offense, etc etc etc. So now if he plays against Brown, he has an idea of what route Brown might be running in said scenario/formation.

The guys that want to be elite go to these lengths to give themselves the added edge that go far beyond physical attributes. Having an idea of what route a WR is going to run turns your 4.5 speed into 4.4 speed.
If you ever wonder why a 4.3-4.4 CB gets beat like a drum then your answer might lie behind the scenes. And if you're ever wondering how a 4.5-4.6 CB is blanketing everybody...well...there you go. LOL

Hey, this probably makes too much sense for most folks. Thanks for the great insight & putting 40 times in real context.

Advertisement
Speed is definitely not everything at corner. We saw that last year with Jhavontae Dean.

But there is a reason 4.4 guys keep getting picked in the first round.

Speed is definitely not everything at corner. We saw that last year with Jhavontae Dean.

But there is a reason 4.4 guys keep getting picked in the first round.
That’s one of the reason Deandre baker may slip to the second. He’s small and doesn’t run a 4.4 or 4.5

CB is such a technical position. There's so many things that come into play and different attributes that can make a guy elite.

Speed helps, but I've seen 4.3-4.4 guys get beat because of bad technique.
And then you've got 4.5-4.6 guys who excel because of great technique.

So many things come into play.
*Footwork
*Recognizing spacing and anticipating what route the WR is going to run
*Hips
*Make-up speed

The guys who excel at CB are true masters of their craft...and it takes so much more than speed to reach that mastery.

I/we talk to Fabian Moreau on occasion and he tells us what it's like playing CB in the NFL. The amount of detail involved in playing CB goes far beyond just having speed or other physical attributes. You don't get much faster than he is, and he still gets burnt/beat from time to time.

He can look up film of any WR in the NFL with the simple click of a mouse. Then he can break it down to any detail he wants. For example...He can look up every route that Antonio Brown ran from the left hash, lined up outside the numbers, off the line of scrimmage, in a 10 personnel offense, etc etc etc. So now if he plays against Brown, he has an idea of what route Brown might be running in said scenario/formation.

The guys that want to be elite go to these lengths to give themselves the added edge that go far beyond physical attributes. Having an idea of what route a WR is going to run turns your 4.5 speed into 4.4 speed.
If you ever wonder why a 4.3-4.4 CB gets beat like a drum then your answer might lie behind the scenes. And if you're ever wondering how a 4.5-4.6 CB is blanketing everybody...well...there you go. LOL

good Stuff.....Asante says he studied the QB's mostly...says it was always about him vs the QB

average 40 yard for CB at the combine was 4.44 for safeties it was 4.51, we definitively have guys at S and CB who can run like this. Bethel, Couch, and Bandy run no slower than 4.50, DJ and Blades are definitely in the 4.5 range, the only one coming in questionable is williams, but when an athlete has not hit their peak physically they can easily knock down there time on the 40 at least by .1 with a college S&C program. Now with safeties, bubba bolden and keontra have the speed, knowles, Hall, and frierson, even though I can't find specific times, they look pretty fast on their tape from highschool, Carter and Derrick Smith is what I will worried about when it comes to speed and quickness. A lot of NFL LB at the combine were running 4.6 & 4.7 in the 40, but there shuttles times were almost on par with the best Safeties. I know for a fact Derrick Smith, Carter, and Finley, and most of our LBs probably run between 4.6-4.7 in the 40, but there shuttle times are not good, now that is a problem when it comes to speed on the defensive side.

Advertisement
average 40 yard for CB at the combine was 4.44 for safeties it was 4.51, we definitively have guys at S and CB who can run like this. Bethel, Couch, and Bandy run no slower than 4.50, DJ and Blades are definitely in the 4.5 range, the only one coming in questionable is williams, but when an athlete has not hit their peak physically they can easily knock down there time on the 40 at least by .1 with a college S&C program. Now with safeties, bubba bolden and keontra have the speed, knowles, Hall, and frierson, even though I can't find specific times, they look pretty fast on their tape from highschool, Carter and Derrick Smith is what I will worried about when it comes to speed and quickness. A lot of NFL LB at the combine were running 4.6 & 4.7 in the 40, but there shuttles times were almost on par with the best Safeties. I know for a fact Derrick Smith, Carter, and Finley, and most of our LBs probably run between 4.6-4.7 in the 40, but there shuttle times are not good, now that is a problem when it comes to speed on the defensive side.

Are you sure about that average (4.44) for CB's? That seems very fast. It used to be in the 4.5's.
Impressive if accurate.

And if our last testing numbers are true, our LB's are not running in the 4.6's. (sadly)
Last time the testing numbers were posted none of our LB's were below 4.7's on a stop watch.

Should have some of the dbs run track in the spring if they can. Christian Williams ran a 4.64 at the Nike opening at 6’1 182 which can certainly be improved but not terrible by any means. With a legit strength and conditioning program I’m not worried about that time at all. We have seen guys like Lorenzo Lingard run that same time at the event and we know he’s faster than that
or resistance training with bands, sleds, launchers, parachutes etc...

Brandon McGee ran a blistering 40. His *** got blistered by receivers he couldn't cover.

Are you sure about that average (4.44) for CB's? That seems very fast. It used to be in the 4.5's.
Impressive if accurate.

And if our last testing numbers are true, our LB's are not running in the 4.6's. (sadly)
Last time the testing numbers were posted none of our LB's were below 4.7's on a stop watch.
I was just making an educated guess on the LB base off of hope and what they should be, and I made a mistake on the calculations, last year average CB was 4.49, 4.5 if you round up, S 4.52 at the combine.

Advertisement
McGee ran 4.38 at he combine........... 4.23 was his fastest time on greentree

Philip Dorsett ran 4.33 at the combine......4.21 was his fastest time on greentree

Should … but data says it’s really hit or miss; mostly, they don’t improve. So doable but I’m not sure “easily” is the right word.

Thanks for posting this.

This should clear up a lot of misconceptions in here but somehow I doubt it.

• 157 of the 203 players are as fast or slower than they were in high school, according to their claimed 40 times.
  • The average college football player is nearly a tenth of a second slower (e.g., a NFL Combine 4.5 after a high school 4.4) after four to five years in a college strength and conditioning program as he was when he entered that program.
  • 93 players ran a sub-4.5 second 40 yard dash in high school. By the time they finished college, just 40 players were capable of breaking the 4.5-second mark.

Thanks for posting this.

This should clear up a lot of misconceptions in here but somehow I doubt it.

• 157 of the 203 players are as fast or slower than they were in high school, according to their claimed 40 times.
  • The average college football player is nearly a tenth of a second slower (e.g., a NFL Combine 4.5 after a high school 4.4) after four to five years in a college strength and conditioning program as he was when he entered that program.
  • 93 players ran a sub-4.5 second 40 yard dash in high school. By the time they finished college, just 40 players were capable of breaking the 4.5-second mark.

I honestly think the more steady standardization of reported HS times with the Opening and Under Armour combine will shift these numbers some.

Advertisement

Thing about it is...that was a good coup for Indiana. Because they also got Ti Mullen out of Creek who is really good and a steal from them. Mullen brother started at Clemson.

Had sanguintti been an early commit he wouldnt have to worry about that..but as he dragged it out all those "phantom offers" evaporated..even Stanford played him out.

Impressive if accurate.

http://nflsavant.com/combine.php has a chart of the average drill time and measurement by position. They have been collecting this info since 2008.

Philip Dorsett ran 4.33 at the combine......4.21 was his fastest time on greentree

“Super Bowl champion Phillip Dorsett”

40 times are overrated for offensive players, but they mean a lot for DB’s because they make their money chasing the offensive guys.

Advertisement
Back