Speed at corner

For LB’s speed don’t matter as much as reading & diagnosing the play...if he can do that

Truth..most of it is god gifted
I understand that straight line speed is not that important, but there quickness in short areas is, thats why the shuttle is so important for LBs. I don't mind a LB who is smart, can diagnose plays, and runs a 4.7, but majority of the top LBs have a great shuttle time.

Advertisement
You’re either born fast or you aren’t. Athleticism is like intelligence. You have it or you don’t. You see it from the time kids are small. The kids that are faster than everyone else stay faster than everyone else. But like intelligence. Speed can be maximized. The muscles used for running can be delevoped. But a natural 4.7 guy will never run a 4.4. But maybe that 4.4 guy can be taught to run a 4.3

If speed can be taught, why isn't every program in the nation applying these pseudo science techniques to make their players faster. You can not make a slow person fast.

Advertisement
It’s not truth. It’s not correct, it’s not accurate. Both of you are wrong.

• You cannot teach someone speed.
  • When you hear about players improving 40 times it's because they've been coached to properly run a 40 yard dash as efficiently as possible.
  • It really has no effect on their football speed.
  • If you could actually make slow guys faster, every single football coach from pop Warner all the way to the NFL would be doing it.
  • You're either fast or you're not.
  • Coaching someone to properly run track is not making them a faster football player.

All 6 sentences by the poster you agreed with are either egregiously wrong or extremely inaccurate. In short: they are all wrong. Which means you are too.

Truth.
Please, genius. Explain how these magical speed exercises make slow players fast. Explain why every single coach in the whole world isn't using them if they actually work. You're spouting off here like you're some kind of scientist. Explain to everyone why they're wrong instead of just saying "I'm right and you're wrong".

Maybe the fast CB guys are 3 stars and coaches don't want to be killed by fanbases for a top 35 class. The comparisons to the Butch years aren't fair when a few of the players were All Big-East track guys on track scholarships.

Lol....I saw Shipman with my own eyes absolutely Lay waste to the Fastest of the Fast at Greentree.....I have to see it to believe another Cane was ever faster for the first 30yds....

By calling me a genius on this topic (your words) you imply that you’re the opposite. That’s the first correct thing you’ve implied all thread.

Asking to explain why every single coach is not using them is to imply that “using” the techniques … yields the same results, every time. That all coaches are equal. It’s about KNOWING HOW TO. Mark Richt was running his version of an offense last year, did he have the same results of those who ran the same or a similar offense? Of course he didn’t. For everyone who can fog a mirror intellectually, those last two sentences should have been a lightbulb moment, but you shield your eyes from bright lights.

Also, you’re not smart enough to get this. Why do I say that? Because i’ve been dropping “crumbs” of performance enlightenment all thread long and you keep wondering why crumbs are on the thread path. Have you read a single link? Yet you want me to waste time trying to explain something to you that has already been explained.

You’re wrong. I’m right.
So. No answer. Just a bunch of pseudo intellectual jargon to try to come across as intelligent. I figured as much. When you can actually explain how to make a slow person fast and why coaches are purposely not doing it. I'll respond. Otherwise you're just blowing hot air.

Advertisement
I understand that straight line speed is not that important, but there quickness in short areas is, thats why the shuttle is so important for LBs. I don't mind a LB who is smart, can diagnose plays, and runs a 4.7, but majority of the top LBs have a great shuttle time.

Truth & you’re right about the shuttle times...

Speed is like most other things involving athleticism: you can maximize potential, but everyone has a different ceiling. A true 4.5 guy who’s running a 4.7 can get closer to his potential by getting stronger muscles, better running form, improving joint flexibility. It’s not rocket science.

It’s not truth. It’s not correct, it’s not accurate. Both of you are wrong.

• You cannot teach someone speed.
  • When you hear about players improving 40 times it's because they've been coached to properly run a 40 yard dash as efficiently as possible.
  • It really has no effect on their football speed.
  • If you could actually make slow guys faster, every single football coach from pop Warner all the way to the NFL would be doing it.
  • You're either fast or you're not.
  • Coaching someone to properly run track is not making them a faster football player.
All 6 sentences by the poster you agreed with are either egregiously wrong or extremely inaccurate. In short: they are all wrong. Which means you are too.

Truth.

You typed all of that bc I typed “most of it is god gifted”. It must suck to have non athletic DNA.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 STFU

So. No answer. Just a bunch of pseudo intellectual jargon to try to come across as intelligent. I figured as much. When you can actually explain how to make a slow person fast and why coaches are purposely not doing it. I'll respond. Otherwise you're just blowing hot air.

Dude doesn’t know ****...you should see what he looks like...if you did you’d wouldn’t even bother.

Advertisement
Speed is like most other things involving athleticism: you can maximize potential, but everyone has a different ceiling. A true 4.5 guy who’s running a 4.7 can get closer to his potential by getting stronger muscles, better running form, improving joint flexibility. It’s not rocket science.
I agree, and where talking about D1 college athletes not just some random dude on the street. These kids are built physically to play football some more than others, that being said if someone who runs a 4.7 without being taught the right way to run, can definitely lower there time with good coaching.

I’m not saying you can make a “slow” person fast, but that “speed” CAN BE IMPROVED by those who know how. Moving a 4.6/4.7 athlete .2 is doable and should be done more often but the data shows it rarely happens. Why? Coaching/teaching? The vast majority of S&C coaches are ignorant to actually knowing how to train speed and explosive - they believe their job is to “beef up (fatten up?)” players.
Exactly......they don't put any emphasis on off-season band training to work "hip flexors"....you hafta get a personal trainer....skill position players benefit from true resistance workouts....

Advertisement
Where is it?

I really like the guys we have on the roster, but aside from Couch and Bethel they aren’t burners. We need to inject some speed.

The local crop doesn’t seem to have the answer. Gray is running 4.8. Harrell had a PR of 11.76 in the 100M last year. Stanley is quicker than fast.

I hope somebody shows some juice at the Opening on Sunday.
Miles brooks (Fred Davis teammate) testing numbers at the opening.
Height: 6’1.5”
Weight: 176 pounds
Forty: 4.52-seconds
Short shuttle: 4.41-seconds
Vertical: 35 inches

The other cb we just offered from Kathleen ran well too

Miles brooks (Fred Davis teammate) testing numbers at the opening.
Height: 6’1.5”
Weight: 176 pounds
Forty: 4.52-seconds
Short shuttle: 4.41-seconds
Vertical: 35 inches

The other cb we just offered from Kathleen ran well too
Miles brooks is 🗑

Advertisement
Back