Speed at corner

So like I said the last time he ran was 2 years ago, when he was much lighter, was't a 4.58, and had a major injury. Again I love the potential of Brooks, not trashing the kid by any means and glad we got him, but we don't make to make things up.

Maybe after being here, getting even healthier and in a cfb strength & conditioning he'll get to 4.58 (which would make him an absolute monster). I'm just saying we don't need to make things up.
So you’re quibbeling with 4/100th of a second? Most kids who train get faster between their freshman and junior years of high school, so you would expect him to be getting faster. You mention weight but it’s silly. He’s developing as a teen, and good weight doesn’t need to slow a kid down. And what evidence do you have that his weight has slowed him down? None. So you have an injury. He’s over a year clear of it. It’s not crazy to think it lingers and he’s slower. But you do not know that.

Advertisement
if your able to run a 4.5 then that is very good, 4.4/4.3 is on the elite side and we not even going to talk about a 4.2 guy. that being said, specifically acceleration, how fast you can get to top speed, and quickness are more important. Those are things you can work on and by working on them you will eventually increase your speed. A kid running a 4.6 in high school is ideal, he can easily get that down to a 4.5 with a college S&C program. The biggest thing you have to look at when looking at high school students is the shuttle for me. I don't mind taking a 4.6 40 kid with a 4.2 shuttle. a kid that is a good example is lejond cavazos, he runs a 4.56 40 and a shuttle that has mix results on espn it is 4.03, which is insane, and on 247 it says 4.38, but you also have to consider that he is going to IMG and getting he best training a high school football player could get. DJ ivey has a 4.2 shuttle, Al blades has a 3.95 shuttle, Bandy a 4.23 shuttle. When it comes to quickness and hip movement we are definitely not lacking and I can guarantee that out of all our CB we might have one running a 4.6, everybody else is 4.5 or lower. We are not lacking aws much speed as people think. When it comes to Safeties, I don't know; I tried to look at testing numbers for Hall, frierson, knowles, and only found # on bubba, keontra smith, and derrick smith. Maybe somebody can inform me on the safeties number.

Youve been provided trajans 40 and 100 m meter which are far closer to my estimates. You refuse to believe basic science so i wont argue with you anymore.

I’ve been provided what? Trajan just clocked 4.3 last spring.

All you had to do was answer the question? You think Trajan’s high school 100M dash times has any bearing on the time he’ll run 2-3 years later? OOOOK

& stop with the basic science propaganda...you’ve provided less than 1% of the 100m vs 40 yard dash times for all athletes that has ever ran both distances.

A man much smarter than you & I said there are 3 types of lies...lies, damned lies & statistics. Chew on that..

with kids like Jaiden, Stanley,harrel, and gray, we will see very soon how good their numbers are. Does anybody know if pough will be at the opening?

I think speed can be overrated at cb....give me a 4.5 guy with excellent technique rather than a 4.3 guy whose tech is avg.

Speed and hips are probably the two most important attributes for CB, if you can’t turn and run, you won’t get drafted in the NFL.

Advertisement
Jalen Ramsey : 4.41
Darius Slay : 4.36
Marshon Lattimore 4.36
Patrick Peterson 4.34
Marcus Peters 4.53
Stephon Gilmore 4.40
Xavier Rhodes 4.43

Most NFL teams won’t take a CB that doesn’t run 4.45 within the 1st 3 rounds. Dolphins are one of them.
That doesn't mean they can't turn and run, it's not like Wr just run go routes all the time, that's why change of direction, hips, and quickness are more important than just straight line speed. That being said, majority of CBs in the nfl run in the 4.4s and Miami has multiple CBs right now who can run in the 4.5s some even faster. The ones that probably run lower than 4.5s are Bandy, Bethel, and Couch, Blades and Ivey run in the 4.5, the only one that you might have to worry about speed is William's, he ran a 4.6, but that was a while ago.

I’ve been provided what? Trajan just clocked 4.3 last spring.

All you had to do was answer the question? You think Trajan’s high school 100M dash times has any bearing on the time he’ll run 2-3 years later? OOOOK

& stop with the basic science propaganda...you’ve provided less than 1% of the 100m vs 40 yard dash times for all athletes that has ever ran both distances.

A man much smarter than you & I said there are 3 types of lies...lies, damned lies & statistics. Chew on that..

Your quoting greentree handtimed bull**** from spring which shows how little you actually know. Im providing detailed analysis. Dont @ me again unless you come with actual knowledge.

Only 12 nfl combine participants even ran a sub 4.4 40yd last year. Every year there are idiots like you at every school that think 4-5 guys on their team run sub 4.4. ITS NO TRUE. Dont believe practice reports....hard data shows the truth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That doesn't mean they can't turn and run, it's not like Wr just run go routes all the time, that's why change of direction, hips, and quickness are more important than just straight line speed. That being said, majority of CBs in the nfl run in the 4.4s and Miami has multiple CBs right now who can run in the 4.5s some even faster. The ones that probably run lower than 4.5s are Bandy, Bethel, and Couch, Blades and Ivey run in the 4.5, the only one that you might have to worry about speed is William's, he ran a 4.6, but that was a while ago.

There’s not gonna be a lot of 4.3’s in high school or even low 4.4’s that’s just fictitious. But we shouldn’t take anyone running in the 4.6’s unless we miss on our main targets

I think Williams May be faster than ivey. Haven’t seen a verified 40 time for ivey but Williams was a 4.64 at the opening which isn’t terrible and can certainly be approve upon

There’s not gonna be a lot of 4.3’s in high school or even low 4.4’s that’s just fictitious. But we shouldn’t take anyone running in the 4.6’s unless we miss on our main targets
A 4.6 easily can easily get lower after 4 years in a strength and conditioning program in college. It’s only a problem if they run a 4.6 at the nfl combine

That's stupid not to take a guy running a 4.6, ur talking about a kid who has not peaked physically and hasn't been in a college S&C program to not take because he runs a 4.6, ur delusional. Nothing wrong with taking a 4.6 prospect.

Advertisement
Kindly provide the tangible evidence that he runs anything other than a 4.58.

Thanks

I have no idea what you're talking about. He never timed at 4.58. I'm not sure what else you want. So if I say Jeff Thomas runs a 4.13 (he doesn't) but if I said that, then you said no he doesn't and you post times that show he doesn't. By your logic I can respond and say prove he doesn't.

I don't know why this has people upset. I never said he can't improve, just pointing out he had major surgery, his body is getting bigger, so no, I don't think we can just make a blanket statement that he'll be a 4.58 LB. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

CB is such a technical position. There's so many things that come into play and different attributes that can make a guy elite.

Speed helps, but I've seen 4.3-4.4 guys get beat because of bad technique.
And then you've got 4.5-4.6 guys who excel because of great technique.

So many things come into play.
*Footwork
*Recognizing spacing and anticipating what route the WR is going to run
*Hips
*Make-up speed

The guys who excel at CB are true masters of their craft...and it takes so much more than speed to reach that mastery.

I/we talk to Fabian Moreau on occasion and he tells us what it's like playing CB in the NFL. The amount of detail involved in playing CB goes far beyond just having speed or other physical attributes. You don't get much faster than he is, and he still gets burnt/beat from time to time.

He can look up film of any WR in the NFL with the simple click of a mouse. Then he can break it down to any detail he wants. For example...He can look up every route that Antonio Brown ran from the left hash, lined up outside the numbers, off the line of scrimmage, in a 10 personnel offense, etc etc etc. So now if he plays against Brown, he has an idea of what route Brown might be running in said scenario/formation.

The guys that want to be elite go to these lengths to give themselves the added edge that go far beyond physical attributes. Having an idea of what route a WR is going to run turns your 4.5 speed into 4.4 speed.
If you ever wonder why a 4.3-4.4 CB gets beat like a drum then your answer might lie behind the scenes. And if you're ever wondering how a 4.5-4.6 CB is blanketing everybody...well...there you go. LOL

I have no idea what you're talking about. He never timed at 4.58. I'm not sure what else you want. So if I say Jeff Thomas runs a 4.13 (he doesn't) but if I said that, then you said no he doesn't and you post times that show he doesn't. By your logic I can respond and say prove he doesn't.

I don't know why this has people upset. I never said he can't improve, just pointing out he had major surgery, his body is getting bigger, so no, I don't think we can just make a blanket statement that he'll be a 4.58 LB. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Kindly provide the tangible evidence that he runs anything other than a 4.62*

Sorry--fixed it. Please advise.

Advertisement
CB is such a technical position. There's so many things that come into play and different attributes that can make a guy elite.

Speed helps, but I've seen 4.3-4.4 guys get beat because of bad technique.
And then you've got 4.5-4.6 guys who excel because of great technique.

So many things come into play.
*Footwork
*Recognizing spacing and anticipating what route the WR is going to run
*Hips
*Make-up speed

The guys who excel at CB are true masters of their craft...and it takes so much more than speed to reach that mastery.

I/we talk to Fabian Moreau on occasion and he tells us what it's like playing CB in the NFL. The amount of detail involved in playing CB goes far beyond just having speed or other physical attributes. You don't get much faster than he is, and he still gets burnt/beat from time to time.

He can look up film of any WR in the NFL with the simple click of a mouse. Then he can break it down to any detail he wants. For example...He can look up every route that Antonio Brown ran from the left hash, lined up outside the numbers, off the line of scrimmage, in a 10 personnel offense, etc etc etc. So now if he plays against Brown, he has an idea of what route Brown might be running in said scenario/formation.

The guys that want to be elite go to these lengths to give themselves the added edge that go far beyond physical attributes. Having an idea of what route a WR is going to run turns your 4.5 speed into 4.4 speed.
If you ever wonder why a 4.3-4.4 CB gets beat like a drum then your answer might lie behind the scenes. And if you're ever wondering how a 4.5-4.6 CB is blanketing everybody...well...there you go. LOL
great technical and detailed post.

Your quoting greentree handtimed bull**** from spring which shows how little you actually know. Im providing detailed analysis. Dont @ me again unless you come with actual knowledge.

Only 12 nfl combine participants even ran a sub 4.4 40yd last year. Every year there are idiots like you at every school that think 4-5 guys on their team run sub 4.4. ITS NO TRUE. Dont believe practice reports....hard data shows the truth.

I never said he’d run 4.3 electronic or even sub 4.3 you village idiot...I said that his hand timed 4.3 will translate to a 4.4 electronic. You said he wouldn’t run anywhere near that based in his high school 100m track times & that’s the dumbest **** in the world...that’s my issue.

His 100m time in high school has no bearing on what he’ll run 2-3 years from then..do you understand that you smart dummy? Learn to comprehend moron.

You try to overwhelm the convi with all that make believe data that you keep stored bc you’ve likely been put in your place time & time again bc you’re a true idiot.

Again...you’re providing less than 1% of every athlete that’s ran both distances. Get a clue

First of all I said A 4.58 or so, he had a verified time of a 4.62 as a junior with an elite sparq rating so that’s not far at all or unattainable for him period

Advertisement
Back