Some info on Jaden Rashada

I feel we are going to look back on the Rashada saga and think to ourselves, "Man we sure dodged a bullet, didn't we?".

Make this a receipt if you want.
I hope you are right!! Many recruiting experts seem to think he’s careless with the football.

We shall see in due time.

Advertisement
I feel we are going to look back on the Rashada saga and think to ourselves, "Man we sure dodged a bullet, didn't we?".

Make this a receipt if you want.
I don't think he's a bad kid or will do anything wrong/damage.

Just also don't see those intangible leadership qualities you want in your QB...

Great arm talent. But being a great college QB takes a lot of work and there are a lot of intangibles and unpredictable things that can derail you.

Odds are that he has a better chance of being irrelevant than great.

Still hurts us because the more chips you stack more likely you are to add great players to your team.

Advertisement
I don't think he's a bad kid or will do anything wrong/damage.

Just also don't see those intangible leadership qualities you want in your QB...

Great arm talent. But being a great college QB takes a lot of work and there are a lot of intangibles and unpredictable things that can derail you.

Odds are that he has a better chance of being irrelevant than great.

Still hurts us because the more chips you stack more likely you are to add great players to your team.

I'm not tearing the kid down. He may turn out to be great, he may flop.

But this is not the first time in this recruiting cycle where we have had to deal with a stage-manager-dad who complicates the process. And while recruits were talented players and were definitely "takes", neither one of them are causing bouts of weeping and gnashing-of-teeth within Hecht. Sorry, but that's the truth.

And let's not forget, Gattis is the one who championed Rashada. Gattis won't be here soon. Good, bad, ugly...whatever...but this one may bounce in Miami's favor, and that's no knock against the player himself.

Now it's time to watch the all the lying, hypocritical Gaytor fans suddenly retract all their "we don't pay recruits who are still in high school" nonsense.

Rashada took a "less-total-money/more-NPV" deal when he committed to UM, and now the Gaytors are desperate for a QB and willing to pay the money they swore they would never pay.

Nothing else to see or say here.

Advertisement
I'm not tearing the kid down. He may turn out to be great, he may flop.

But this is not the first time in this recruiting cycle where we have had to deal with a stage-manager-dad who complicates the process. And while recruits were talented players and were definitely "takes", neither one of them are causing bouts of weeping and gnashing-of-teeth within Hecht. Sorry, but that's the truth.

And let's not forget, Gattis is the one who championed Rashada. Gattis won't be here soon. Good, bad, ugly...whatever...but this one may bounce in Miami's favor, and that's no knock against the player himself.

Now it's time to watch the all the lying, hypocritical Gaytor fans suddenly retract all their "we don't pay recruits who are still in high school" nonsense.

Rashada took a "less-total-money/more-NPV" deal when he committed to UM, and now the Gaytors are desperate for a QB and willing to pay the money they swore they would never pay.

Nothing else to see or say here.
The gator fans do not care. They'll say something one day and completely reverse it the next day. They'll also pretend like they didn't make the original statement, to begin with.

If they have to offer a recruit $11m a pop to beat Mario head-to-head, that's a problem for them.

After seeing our offense, I wouldn't need a big bag to go elsewhere. My decision would be based on if we bring in another OC and who. My preference would be an OC that runs multiple sets, advanced play caller and one that utilizes the strengths of his personnel, like Georgia OC does. Or a spread set mastermind.

I grew up in the wrong era. So many ways for young people to make money now
I feel the same.....although, there's good and bad to it.

Good that many can make short-term money....for some, lots of it.

Bad that far too many kids and 20-somethings EXPECT to make this same short-term money instead of focusing on other things like school and working hard to earn what most of us earn.....long-term money. And before people start taking shots at me, i'm not talking just football. I'm talking all side hustles. Too many kids are looking for youtube followers, onlyfans, tiktok followers, and all the side hustles they see on tiktok.

Advertisement
I'm told Rashada's deal with the Gators is 4 years, $11 million. Miami decided not to go in that direction and preferred the quarterback in their class, Emory Williams.
Can only imagine what is going to happen as we get closer to signing day

Bad that far too many kids and 20-somethings EXPECT to make this same short-term money instead of focusing on other things like school and working hard to earn what most of us earn.....long-term money. And before people start taking shots at me, i'm not talking just football. I'm talking all side hustles. Too many kids are looking for youtube followers, onlyfans, tiktok followers, and all the side hustles they see on tiktok.
True, but for those willing to work their tails off, it's just amazing the opportunities out there now.

After seeing our offense, I wouldn't need a big bag to go elsewhere. My decision would be based on if we bring in another OC and who. My preference would be an OC that runs multiple sets, advanced play caller and one that utilizes the strengths of his personnel, like Georgia OC does. Or a spread set mastermind.

No disrespect intended, but you are just stating a bunch of generalities.

Rashada flipped to the one P5 offense that is demonstrably worse than ours. So all of the generalized crap about OC, playcalling, etc...means NOTHING.

Money talks. And money spoke.

Advertisement
Are these NIL deals guaranteed? I'm assuming they get paid by a legitimate business so what happens if he sucks next year or is buried on the depth chart. Are they still going to pay him the full $11 million?

I mean the csvinder twins are going to get a degree ball out and have millions in their nil portfolio. You can do both lol and also time to adjust to the world. Make money as early as you can And be smart about your investments. you don’t need to Suffer just bc the older generation did. Also habe multiple sources of income bc you never know what happens as a w2

You would think Stanford could land anyone with NIL if the silicon valley grads backed it with their businesses.

They do have legitimately higher standards for athletic admissions. They don't make exceptions either and truth be told, that eliminates a lot of potential recruits who just skate by in school. They do not adhere to allowing NCAA minimum qualifiers in last I knew.

Advertisement
Back