Some info on Jaden Rashada

Advertisement
Jacory at Rashada's point in his football career was also the QB that jointly lead his team to a high school NC claim but do go on about his college career as if Rashada has already surpassed him.
Jacory was also a part of one of the most talented HS squads ever in SFLA history. I never said Rashada has surpassed, I just stated an observable fact that as a prospect, Rashada has way better arm talent. If we are going by arm talent only, and what I was arguing about, Rashada is elite. He has issues with decision making and being lazy with mechanics because of that cannon.

Advertisement
What the **** are you talking about lol?
If a heisman Qb is playing for your school, it is absolutely worth paying them >$2M. Thats what I was saying. As in this type of contract isn't too much if you get elite play. That's not about any single player, just a general statement.
Isn’t Arch getting close to $20M?

Jacory was also a part of one of the most talented HS squads ever in SFLA history. I never said Rashada has surpassed, I just stated an observable fact that as a prospect, Rashada has way better arm talent. If we are going by arm talent only, and what I was arguing about, Rashada is elite. He has issues with decision making and being lazy with mechanics because of that cannon.

Jacory threw bad passes because of the lack of confidence in some of the decisions he made (thanks Nix) and lazy mechanics. Jacory had every bit of the ability to make the elite throw that Rashada currently posses. But how consistent he'll be at it in comparison to Jacory is yet to be seen. I've watched (through youtube) some 2-3 full games of Rashada and didn't feel like I was watching a top 100 player in the country. Jacory wasn't even a top 10 QB when he came out but he used to be dealing in every game when he came up.

I've been thinking about this I see where the school would get a return on money but where does someone like Ruiz get there money back for spending millions on a player to go to our school??? If there a bust how does Ruiz re coup his money? Or is this guy so **** rich he can jus give million$ deals to kids not get anything back??
It’s not sustainable. 99.9% of kids aren’t worth 1/10th of what they’re getting paid, when you consider the ROI.

Yet, Jacory has highlights that show the same kind of throws you're impressed by Rashada with. Rashada at best just looks like a refined Jacory, to me. Not sour grapes after the de-commitment...I said it as soon as he committed.

That's not even an insult, because I liked Jacory a lot. Once you see it, you see it, I guess.

Comparing a guy to a three year starter (started in games over 4 years), and quarterbacked us to our second best season over the past 15 years (second only to the Turnover Chain season) is an insult, I guess. Even down to being a bit careless and having accuracy issues...those were Jacory traits, too.

Advertisement
Yet, Jacory has highlights that show the same kind of throws you're impressed by Rashada with. Rashada at best just looks like a refined Jacory, to me. Not sour grapes after the de-commitment...I said it as soon as he committed.

That's not even an insult, because I liked Jacory a lot. Once you see it, you see it, I guess.
Jacory threw moonshots not frozen ropes like Rashada. I don’t see what you are seeing. I admitted that the one highlight in this thread was a great throw by Jacory because it was, I saw Jacory throw ducks all over the place during his career. Also, the knock on Rashada is that he is raw and not refined so I’m not sure about your take there as well.

It’s not sustainable. 99.9% of kids aren’t worth 1/10th of what they’re getting paid, when you consider the ROI.

That's the point though to be honest. The risk is worth the reward if you hit at the QB position. At worst, you're UNC if you have a great QB/offense.

Jacory threw moonshots not frozen ropes like Rashada. I don’t see what you are seeing. I admitted that the one highlight in this thread was a great throw by Jacory because it was, I saw Jacory throw ducks all over the place during his career. Also, the knock on Rashada is that he is raw and not refined so I’m not sure about your take there as well.
Jacory went through 3 different OCs in 4yrs...absolutely mindboggling...

My dude, just because someone regarded as the #2 QB in the country is not considered refined, doesn't mean he isn't more refined in comparison to another player. Jacory was a freewheeler...every time he played he just looked like he was out at the park tossing the ball around and didn't get a ton of coaching (when he was here, he didn't either). Rashada's been around the block, been on through the modern circuits and contemporary QB coaching...in comparison to a QB from South Florida a decade ago...he's more refined. If you don't see it, you don't see it. idk what to tell you. Rashada's arm doesn't really separate him from the comparison, IMO. Its not that much better.

Advertisement
My dude, just because someone regarded as the #2 QB in the country is not considered refined, doesn't mean he isn't more refined in comparison to another player. Jacory was a freewheeler...every time he played he just looked like he was out at the park tossing the ball around and didn't get a ton of coaching. Rashada's been around the block, been on through the modern circuits and contemporary QB coaching...in comparison to a QB from South Florida a decade ago...he's more refined.
Fair enough, but Rashada isn’t refined, the reason he is as highly rated as he is because on that cannon of a right arm. Even El has him as top 3 arm talents this cycle. My overall point and this isn’t a knock on Jacory is that Rashada has more talent and it’s not close. There is more to playing QB than that but Rashada has the making of kid with an elite NFL arm, now whether he puts everything else together is another story. Especially back in 08, if Jacory has the cannon Rashada has he ends up a 5 star.

Advertisement
The money getting thrown at some of these kids is insane. But this is another one to keep an eye on about how NIL is going to change a lot over these first 2-3 years. Any of these big money qb's bust and the game will start to change and the going rate will start to change

I agree, I don’t think this is sustainable, even for schools with deep pockets. It’s just gotten insane and market will correct it self.

Remember, NIL money does not come from the school. But it does make sense that businesses and organizations that do pay NIL will eventually experience fatigue, especially if there is poor ROI.

This whole issue comes to a head when major corporations start buying/sponsoring players to certain programs. My guess is that the HBC football programs become the biggest benefactors of that approach.

Cant wait for the day when NIL agreements are tied to on the field performance metrics.

That will come after many of these NIL signees bust.

Advertisement
Back