Some info on Jaden Rashada

Advertisement
Maybe, but without it, Miami can’t compete. We have seen Miami recruit against SEC schools before NIL. It wasent pretty. Let them get their money
I agree 💯.
It’s the reality of todays college football and we needed adapt and will need to continue to pay to stay relevant.
I was just complaining, I think these numbers are just getting so ridiculous. I hope the market corrects it self. It does beat the alternative, of the SEC bag game which we are not allowed to play.

This whole issue comes to a head when major corporations start buying/sponsoring players to certain programs. My guess is that the HBC football programs become the biggest benefactors of that approach.

And just for the ****-of-it, I would point out that the hits that corporations might take on a few NIL deals that bust...

...probably pale in comparison to the hits that adidas and Nike are taking on Yeezy and Kyrie inventory...

Jacory went through 3 different OCs in 4yrs...absolutely mindboggling...
Re-watch the Jacory-Benjamin 410yard dime late in the FSU game and tell me Jacory didn't have arm talent. A cannon, no, but that was a great throw.

One big problem was Aldarious and Streeter were complete busts (except Streeter's one season).

Advertisement
This whole issue comes to a head when major corporations start buying/sponsoring players to certain programs. My guess is that the HBC football programs become the biggest benefactors of that approach.
You saw Dr Pepper do that in the first year and they have not done it again since. How many pre-season Heisman contenders go bust by week 4. And most college guys are not readily identifiable. I don't think this is going to become nearly the issue people thought it would be. Too risky with an average or below average ROI for national campaigns.

I agree 💯.
It’s the reality of todays college football and we needed adapt and will need to continue to pay to stay relevant.
I was just complaining, I think these numbers are just getting so ridiculous. I hope the market corrects it self. It does beat the alternative, of the SEC bag game which we are not allowed to play.
The numbers are insane. I get it. I’m just glad the kid did what he wanted to

Re-watch the Jacory-Benjamin 410yard dime late in the FSU game and tell me Jacory didn't have arm talent. A cannon, no, but that was a great throw.

One big problem was Aldarious and Streeter were complete busts (except Streeter's one season).

I already posted about that throw....only Testaverde to Irvin vs OU in 86 might have been better.

Advertisement
I don’t like putting these kids deals in the open. Let these kids get paid. If that’s his decision he’s the one that gotta live with that.

Them numbers put major targets on these kids tho
michaeljordan****themkids.jpg

Don't know how many have access to the WSJ, but according to today's article, "UF sources" said Rashada's NIL at UF was less than his NIL deal at UM.

"Several people involved with Florida’s collectives said that their initial discussions with Rashada never got as far as specific dollar amounts, and added that Rashada is expected to make less money in Gainesville than he would have at Miami.

Rashada reconsidered, they said, because he did not want to quarterback a team in rebuild mode when he could play for a more stable team in the powerful Southeastern Conference instead."

Maybe its BS, but still its interesting that one of the biggest newspapers in the country is basically reporting that UM is losing players because the football program stinks right now.

Don't know how many have access to the WSJ, but according to today's article, "UF sources" said Rashada's NIL at UF was less than his NIL deal at UM.

"Several people involved with Florida’s collectives said that their initial discussions with Rashada never got as far as specific dollar amounts, and added that Rashada is expected to make less money in Gainesville than he would have at Miami.

Rashada reconsidered, they said, because he did not want to quarterback a team in rebuild mode when he could play for a more stable team in the powerful Southeastern Conference instead."

Maybe its BS, but still its interesting that one of the biggest newspapers in the country is basically reporting that UM is losing players because the football program stinks right now.

It was written because of John Ruiz I’m sure

Advertisement

TrumpyCane thinks UF and their 6-4 team that just fired their 6-7 coach are so much more stable

First, that article is the biggest load of BULLCRAP ever. But it is proof-positive that the Journalism School at the University of Florida is paying dividends, as the Gaytors managed to plant that false story with a clueless reporter. We just have to be honest, the WSJ has no "sports reporters" on staff, they have no clue, they are trying to write a "financial" article about sports, and they are relying on "several people involved with Florida's collectives" as the source. In other words, multiple people with no independence and an obvious agenda telling the same lie so that the WSJ can count them as multiple sources, per journalistic "standards".

Second, and I have said this before, the Gaytors like to mislead the world about dollar amounts, and they like to play games with "Year 4" of an NIL deal. We have discussed this before, the original Gaytor offer was $10M, or $2.5M per year for 4 years while enrolled in school. Now the offer is $11M. I can tell you exactly when and where the extra $1M will be paid (hint: now, because the Gaytors have belatedly decided to pay recruits who are still in high school). However, Miami's offer was a smaller amount while in high school, and smaller annual amounts, but all years would be paid even if Rashada left early for the NFL (which is not what the Gaytors offered to do). As I have explained before, the combination of front-loading and payroll taxes put UM's original NIL offer ahead of the original Gaytors' offer ON A NET PRESENT VALUE BASIS, not a total cash POSSIBILITY basis.

Third, anyone who is gullible enough to believe that Jaden Rashada's dad will take LESS money than has already been guaranteed to him by LifeWallet, or accept vague dollar amounts that have not yet been specified, IS INSANE. It's just not happening. Not ever. Certain Gaytors can play plausible deniability games, but it's a load of bullsh!te.

Fourth, this bullcrap about "quarterback a team in rebuild mode when he could play for a more stable team in the powerful SEC instead" is one of the most insane things I've ever read. Has anyone actually WATCHED the Gaytors play? That ******* disastrous offense led by "OC Slingblade Billy" is in "rebuild mode" as well. The entire roster of QBs is disastrous, and they have whiffed on all their QB targets (for the next couple of years) until this Hail Mary play. The OL is not good, the WRs are not good, the TEs are not good. The absolute best players on the Gaytor offense have been transfers, and BY DEFINITION, that puts the Gaytors in rebuilding mode. "More stable team?" Both teams just fired their prior coaches 11 months ago.

Finally, notice the arful use of "true, but misleading" language in the WSJ article:

---"their initial discussions with Rashada never got as far as specific dollar amount" - SURE, that was the case SIX MONTHS AGO. But notice how the author (and/or the sources) want you to believe that this is STILL the case. So if the Gaytors have STILL not gotten to a specific dollar amount, how can they POSSIBLY say that Rashada will make less (or more) money in Hogtown than he would have in Miami? DON'T BE BAMBOOZLED BY THE WALL STREET JOURNAL LIES.

---"Rashada reconsidered, they said, because..." - Oh, so now the source for why a player reconsidered is...COLLECTIVE EMPLOYEES? Are you ******* kidding me? It's impossible to ask the recruit himself? You know, a DIRECT FIRST-PERSON SOURCE? So now we have regressed to a journalistic hellscape when employees of a university collective are the source for the mental state of another adult human being? What a joke.

This entire article reminds me of times when I've seen newspapers get so lazy about writing articles of their own, that they just print the press releases that were given to them.

Pathetic.

Advertisement

Fake news. I heard they jumped by at least 1 mill from their previous offer which was already higher than our original NIL deal to begin with. Maybe @Cribby has a more definite number but that’s what I heard.

He‘s going there for money. Their original deal was already better than ours plus his family talked **** about the entire place. It was stated multiple times by @Cribby and others.

Last edited:
Fake news. I heard they jumped by at least 1 mill from their previous offer which was already higher than our original NIL deal to begin with. Maybe @Cribby has a more definite number but that’s what I heard.

He‘s going there for money. Their original deal was already better than ours plus his family talked **** about the entire place. It was stated multiple times by @Cribby and others.
The article made it seem like the gators are playing for a national championship this year and are not 6-4

Yea
First, that article is the biggest load of BULLCRAP ever. But it is proof-positive that the Journalism School at the University of Florida is paying dividends, as the Gaytors managed to plant that false story with a clueless reporter. We just have to be honest, the WSJ has no "sports reporters" on staff, they have no clue, they are trying to write a "financial" article about sports, and they are relying on "several people involved with Florida's collectives" as the source. In other words, multiple people with no independence and an obvious agenda telling the same lie so that the WSJ can count them as multiple sources, per journalistic "standards".

Second, and I have said this before, the Gaytors like to mislead the world about dollar amounts, and they like to play games with "Year 4" of an NIL deal. We have discussed this before, the original Gaytor offer was $10M, or $2.5M per year for 4 years while enrolled in school. Now the offer is $11M. I can tell you exactly when and where the extra $1M will be paid (hint: now, because the Gaytors have belatedly decided to pay recruits who are still in high school). However, Miami's offer was a smaller amount while in high school, and smaller annual amounts, but all years would be paid even if Rashada left early for the NFL (which is not what the Gaytors offered to do). As I have explained before, the combination of front-loading and payroll taxes put UM's original NIL offer ahead of the original Gaytors' offer ON A NET PRESENT VALUE BASIS, not a total cash POSSIBILITY basis.

Third, anyone who is gullible enough to believe that Jaden Rashada's dad will take LESS money than has already been guaranteed to him by LifeWallet, or accept vague dollar amounts that have not yet been specified, IS INSANE. It's just not happening. Not ever. Certain Gaytors can play plausible deniability games, but it's a load of bullsh!te.

Fourth, this bullcrap about "quarterback a team in rebuild mode when he could play for a more stable team in the powerful SEC instead" is one of the most insane things I've ever read. Has anyone actually WATCHED the Gaytors play? That ******* disastrous offense led by "OC Slingblade Billy" is in "rebuild mode" as well. The entire roster of QBs is disastrous, and they have whiffed on all their QB targets (for the next couple of years) until this Hail Mary play. The OL is not good, the WRs are not good, the TEs are not good. The absolute best players on the Gaytor offense have been transfers, and BY DEFINITION, that puts the Gaytors in rebuilding mode. "More stable team?" Both teams just fired their prior coaches 11 months ago.

Finally, notice the arful use of "true, but misleading" language in the WSJ article:

---"their initial discussions with Rashada never got as far as specific dollar amount" - SURE, that was the case SIX MONTHS AGO. But notice how the author (and/or the sources) want you to believe that this is STILL the case. So if the Gaytors have STILL not gotten to a specific dollar amount, how can they POSSIBLY say that Rashada will make less (or more) money in Hogtown than he would have in Miami? DON'T BE BAMBOOZLED BY THE WALL STREET JOURNAL LIES.

---"Rashada reconsidered, they said, because..." - Oh, so now the source for why a player reconsidered is...COLLECTIVE EMPLOYEES? Are you ******* kidding me? It's impossible to ask the recruit himself? You know, a DIRECT FIRST-PERSON SOURCE? So now we have regressed to a journalistic hellscape when employees of a university collective are the source for the mental state of another adult human being? What a joke.

This entire article reminds me of times when I've seen newspapers get so lazy about writing articles of their own, that they just print the press releases that were given to them.

Pathetic.
The only part of the article I can see being true is that Rashada wanted to play in the SEC. But I will say nobody takes less: vague money when they are already signed to also play for a rebuilding team.

Advertisement
Back