Some info on Jaden Rashada

Advertisement
Fake news. I heard they jumped by at least 1 mill from their previous offer which was already higher than our original NIL deal to begin with. Maybe @Cribby has a more definite number but that’s what I heard.

He‘s going there for money. Their original deal was already better than ours plus his family talked **** about the entire place. It was stated multiple times by @Cribby and others.

They talked **** about Gainesville? Or Coral Gables

The money getting thrown at some of these kids is insane. But this is another one to keep an eye on about how NIL is going to change a lot over these first 2-3 years. Any of these big money qb's bust and the game will start to change and the going rate will start to change
100% rich people will get tired of 10 mil a year going to bum players REAL fast. Back when it was under the table and the going rate was 100-300k that’s a lot easier to stomach lol

Advertisement
First, that article is the biggest load of BULLCRAP ever. But it is proof-positive that the Journalism School at the University of Florida is paying dividends, as the Gaytors managed to plant that false story with a clueless reporter. We just have to be honest, the WSJ has no "sports reporters" on staff, they have no clue, they are trying to write a "financial" article about sports, and they are relying on "several people involved with Florida's collectives" as the source. In other words, multiple people with no independence and an obvious agenda telling the same lie so that the WSJ can count them as multiple sources, per journalistic "standards".

Second, and I have said this before, the Gaytors like to mislead the world about dollar amounts, and they like to play games with "Year 4" of an NIL deal. We have discussed this before, the original Gaytor offer was $10M, or $2.5M per year for 4 years while enrolled in school. Now the offer is $11M. I can tell you exactly when and where the extra $1M will be paid (hint: now, because the Gaytors have belatedly decided to pay recruits who are still in high school). However, Miami's offer was a smaller amount while in high school, and smaller annual amounts, but all years would be paid even if Rashada left early for the NFL (which is not what the Gaytors offered to do). As I have explained before, the combination of front-loading and payroll taxes put UM's original NIL offer ahead of the original Gaytors' offer ON A NET PRESENT VALUE BASIS, not a total cash POSSIBILITY basis.

Third, anyone who is gullible enough to believe that Jaden Rashada's dad will take LESS money than has already been guaranteed to him by LifeWallet, or accept vague dollar amounts that have not yet been specified, IS INSANE. It's just not happening. Not ever. Certain Gaytors can play plausible deniability games, but it's a load of bullsh!te.

Fourth, this bullcrap about "quarterback a team in rebuild mode when he could play for a more stable team in the powerful SEC instead" is one of the most insane things I've ever read. Has anyone actually WATCHED the Gaytors play? That ******* disastrous offense led by "OC Slingblade Billy" is in "rebuild mode" as well. The entire roster of QBs is disastrous, and they have whiffed on all their QB targets (for the next couple of years) until this Hail Mary play. The OL is not good, the WRs are not good, the TEs are not good. The absolute best players on the Gaytor offense have been transfers, and BY DEFINITION, that puts the Gaytors in rebuilding mode. "More stable team?" Both teams just fired their prior coaches 11 months ago.

Finally, notice the arful use of "true, but misleading" language in the WSJ article:

---"their initial discussions with Rashada never got as far as specific dollar amount" - SURE, that was the case SIX MONTHS AGO. But notice how the author (and/or the sources) want you to believe that this is STILL the case. So if the Gaytors have STILL not gotten to a specific dollar amount, how can they POSSIBLY say that Rashada will make less (or more) money in Hogtown than he would have in Miami? DON'T BE BAMBOOZLED BY THE WALL STREET JOURNAL LIES.

---"Rashada reconsidered, they said, because..." - Oh, so now the source for why a player reconsidered is...COLLECTIVE EMPLOYEES? Are you ******* kidding me? It's impossible to ask the recruit himself? You know, a DIRECT FIRST-PERSON SOURCE? So now we have regressed to a journalistic hellscape when employees of a university collective are the source for the mental state of another adult human being? What a joke.

This entire article reminds me of times when I've seen newspapers get so lazy about writing articles of their own, that they just print the press releases that were given to them.

Pathetic.
Money post.

MF really wrote that Rashada didn't want to go to a rebuild, when he flipped to.....a rebuild.

First, that article is the biggest load of BULLCRAP ever. But it is proof-positive that the Journalism School at the University of Florida is paying dividends, as the Gaytors managed to plant that false story with a clueless reporter. We just have to be honest, the WSJ has no "sports reporters" on staff, they have no clue, they are trying to write a "financial" article about sports, and they are relying on "several people involved with Florida's collectives" as the source. In other words, multiple people with no independence and an obvious agenda telling the same lie so that the WSJ can count them as multiple sources, per journalistic "standards".

Second, and I have said this before, the Gaytors like to mislead the world about dollar amounts, and they like to play games with "Year 4" of an NIL deal. We have discussed this before, the original Gaytor offer was $10M, or $2.5M per year for 4 years while enrolled in school. Now the offer is $11M. I can tell you exactly when and where the extra $1M will be paid (hint: now, because the Gaytors have belatedly decided to pay recruits who are still in high school). However, Miami's offer was a smaller amount while in high school, and smaller annual amounts, but all years would be paid even if Rashada left early for the NFL (which is not what the Gaytors offered to do). As I have explained before, the combination of front-loading and payroll taxes put UM's original NIL offer ahead of the original Gaytors' offer ON A NET PRESENT VALUE BASIS, not a total cash POSSIBILITY basis.

Third, anyone who is gullible enough to believe that Jaden Rashada's dad will take LESS money than has already been guaranteed to him by LifeWallet, or accept vague dollar amounts that have not yet been specified, IS INSANE. It's just not happening. Not ever. Certain Gaytors can play plausible deniability games, but it's a load of bullsh!te.

Fourth, this bullcrap about "quarterback a team in rebuild mode when he could play for a more stable team in the powerful SEC instead" is one of the most insane things I've ever read. Has anyone actually WATCHED the Gaytors play? That ******* disastrous offense led by "OC Slingblade Billy" is in "rebuild mode" as well. The entire roster of QBs is disastrous, and they have whiffed on all their QB targets (for the next couple of years) until this Hail Mary play. The OL is not good, the WRs are not good, the TEs are not good. The absolute best players on the Gaytor offense have been transfers, and BY DEFINITION, that puts the Gaytors in rebuilding mode. "More stable team?" Both teams just fired their prior coaches 11 months ago.

Finally, notice the arful use of "true, but misleading" language in the WSJ article:

---"their initial discussions with Rashada never got as far as specific dollar amount" - SURE, that was the case SIX MONTHS AGO. But notice how the author (and/or the sources) want you to believe that this is STILL the case. So if the Gaytors have STILL not gotten to a specific dollar amount, how can they POSSIBLY say that Rashada will make less (or more) money in Hogtown than he would have in Miami? DON'T BE BAMBOOZLED BY THE WALL STREET JOURNAL LIES.

---"Rashada reconsidered, they said, because..." - Oh, so now the source for why a player reconsidered is...COLLECTIVE EMPLOYEES? Are you ******* kidding me? It's impossible to ask the recruit himself? You know, a DIRECT FIRST-PERSON SOURCE? So now we have regressed to a journalistic hellscape when employees of a university collective are the source for the mental state of another adult human being? What a joke.

This entire article reminds me of times when I've seen newspapers get so lazy about writing articles of their own, that they just print the press releases that were given to them.

Pathetic.
Cant Argue I Love Lucy GIF by Paramount+

Advertisement
I know there was a lot of external factors in his process but I'm interested in seeing him with Dillingham over the next few years at ASU.

It sounded like Pyne was going to win that job until he got hurt. So Rashada was next man up after that other transfers didn’t do enough to separate. He didn’t exactly light up a recent scrimmage though, going 8-20 passing but did have a 50-yard TD pass everyone focused on. It will be interesting to see if he’s actually ready to play or if it is a poor decision by that staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back