Some info on Jaden Rashada

Advertisement
Great deal for him. Even if he’s a bust and never sniffs the league, he sets himself and his family up financially.

Until the school itself is allowed to pay (where they can actually see the return in cash for more wins etc.), there’s not a single college player that’s ever gonna be close to worth that. Absolute best case scenario is they get 2 of that back in whatever revenue they do and they just lit the other $9 million on fire for their favorite team.
Every single heisman Qb ever has easily been worth that.

I'm told Rashada's deal with the Gators is 4 years, $11 million. Miami decided not to go in that direction and preferred the quarterback in their class, Emory Williams.
The number 32 pick Lewis Cine will make $11.5M over his first 4 years in the pros.

It’s ridiculous for money to be promised to unproven HS kids like this.

Advertisement
This also means they are likely out of next years QB sweepstakes. You have to wonder what roster spend will be if QB recruits are getting these types of deals

Every single heisman Qb ever has easily been worth that.
For who? What person other than the agent and the school has profited millions off an “amateur” athlete?

There might be 10 million people in this country who know and/or care about who this kid is. The average college football fan doesn’t follow recruiting. Then you have the ones that do. Then you take away 70% of them bc unless your team plays UF or you like them, you don’t care either. Nobody here is worried about what any west coast team is doing in recruiting. The only reason you care about a recruit is if your team is recruiting them or they’re going to someone you play.

Advertisement
well see if theyre right in 3 years
With that money they have to be right.

To use a wrestling analogy, it’s the old WCW conundrum. They have a platoon of stars (Sting, Luger, Hall, Nash, Goldberg, Page, Savage) making near or over $1M. Because of their high contracts, management mandated that they be at the top of the card. That kept anyone more popular organically from rising up out of the midcard, like a young Chris Jericho.

Rashada’s huge deal also makes UF less capable to compete a year later for another high value target. Everyone has a salary cap, so to speak, and they just spent a big chunk of it.

Does that mean he gotta stay all 4 years ? Cant declare as a junior? Nil is so crazy now man
He’s there FOREVER.

1668488155254.gif

This also means they are likely out of next years QB sweepstakes. You have to wonder what roster spend will be if QB recruits are getting these types of deals
To quote Palpatine, I hope they do it. i want them to struggle and falter with a QB payroll of $25M annually, and then have to decide what to do about the other 81 kids on the team.

Advertisement
Maybe, but without it, Miami can’t compete. We have seen Miami recruit against SEC schools before NIL. It wasent pretty. Let them get their money
Well to be fair we were trying to recruit against them with the cast of “Dinner for Schmucks” as recruiters

F72881DC-9D3C-4E6C-BEB3-13519F1FD787.gif

Last edited:
I guess that's how it has to work. Some base for merely being enrolled + incentives based on play. And that begs the question how you value linemen or CBs for example that put up minimal stats. QBs are kind of easy from a statistical perspective.
By value I mean the value of player brings to repping a product or service. This is basis of NIL, I presume. No?

If Rashada doesn’t pan out and is a backup, why would a business want him as a spokesperson or rep them on social media? Now, if he can accumulate 100K, 200K, 500K or an even larger number of followers on IG or Twitter or Tik Tok, regardless of his playing status, this changes the equation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just like the fact that every current and future UiF player will be shown screenshots of what Rashada will be getting paid. Should make for some interesting team chemistry moments.

how could he possibly generate ROI enough to make that worth it?
The question I've asked from day one. I just don't get how these whales don't wake up one day and ask themselves what the eff they just spent $100 million on.

Advertisement
Back