Some info on Jaden Rashada

We say the same thing when a guy commits here
Who says that here? Everyone here knows we are giving out NIL deals. We just know it’s for less than the Gators are claiming. Gator fans fully believe they don’t give out deals and money is the only reason we beat them for kids.

Advertisement
Couldn’t you get around that since (to my knowledge) lifewallet is mostly a south Florida company, and the player would have to sign to a school within south florida?
Ruiz can get around an NIL deal in a million different ways, the easiest of which is to say that the deal has lost value for Life Wallet because of the college decision.
There is a 0% chance that Ruiz will pay Rashada while he plays at UF.

I like Rashada a lot but losing him to the Gators is really the slap in the face of the whole thing

I don’t think he’s a can’t miss but with our QB problems I would prefer to have him than not of course

I just can’t imagine they truly like Williams more but if that’s the story then cool. Maybe Williams plus the money for someone else, Samson? That makes sense, and after getting NIL thrown in our faces, I’m hesitant to throw it back on UiF

I’m kinda indifferent about it
I don’t think the like Emory more, but everything has a value.
At a reported 8 million, UM preferred Rashada. But then the price was raised and UM no longer feels that Rashada is worth the extra 3 million (assuming these numbers are correct.).
its like a lot of negotiations. You may like a house but only to a certain price, after which your 2nd choice becomes your first choice.

But how does that actually work?

The deal amounts to $3MM a year basically.

I presume he gets that amount year 1 which amounts to a signing bonus.

How does it work if he doesn't play?

Assume year 1, as a true freshman QB, he doesn't play. Does he get $3MM for his sophomore campaign?

And what if he doesn't pan out and doesn't ever start but otherwise stays enrolled, stays on the team, etc.?

IDK. I am struggling with what amounts to an illusory contract. It looks like a contract but really isn't because someone or some entity gets to decide whether he's worth it or not.
i havent seen such a contract yet (that's a yet), but i suppose one he enrolls at UF he starts getting paid, can't get paid unless you are officially at the school. then once there, it would be periodic. same thing with year 2 and 3 etc.

Advertisement
These kids making more than guys that are ballers in the NFL !! Lol that’s crazy
07F3FAFB-60D4-4BBB-84D9-A505B3647828.jpeg

BS, utter BS. The Gators, nor any other school is not paying Rashada that kind of NIL money. I wouldn't be shocked if UF exceeded our offer, but I doubt they pulled a "Texas Rangers paying double what the nearest team was going to offer ARod" move. People are just making up stuff. He chose UF for whatever reason, and that's fine. Best of luck to the young man.

$2.8M per year for a kid who hasn't thrown a single ball in college and may be a total bust. LOL

For $1-2M or even WAY less Im sure you can get a top notch proven QB from lower tier P5 school/G5, or 4/5 star backup QB at big name school out of the portal to start day 1. Seems like a much safer/better route. Unless money truly is no issue but UF is not A&M...

Advertisement
$2.8M per year for a kid who hasn't thrown a single ball in college and may be a total bust. LOL

For $1-2M or even WAY less Im sure you can get a top notch proven QB from lower tier P5 school/G5, or 4/5 star backup QB at big name school out of the portal to start day 1. Seems like a much safer/better route. Unless money truly is no issue but UF is not A&M...
He’s A bust now but when he was here he wasn’t? Don’t be a gator fan when they lose a refruit. We lost him. End of story

He’s A bust now but when he was here he wasn’t? Don’t be a gator fan when they lose a refruit. We lost him. End of story
Did not say he's a bust at all. said he could be. He's a HS croot. How many 4 stars become JAGS or busts? Quite a lot

Vs. going to portal and getting a proven guy. Pretty simple...

Not sayings it's not a loss. But certainly not end of the world with the Portal nowadays.

Advertisement
Did not say he's a bust at all. said he could be. He's a HS croot. How many 4 stars become JAGS or busts? Quite a lot

Vs. going to portal and getting a proven guy. Pretty simple...

Not sayings it's not a loss. But certainly not end of the world with the Portal nowadays.
The market will correct itself. I said the same thing you said when he was committed to us.

I don’t blame him at all. Business is business. He is set for life if he manages the money correctly.

Some of these players will be complete busts and it will have these boosters rethinking.

What ever happened to the ncaa cracking down on collectives? Because I thought it was suppose to be essentially promoting a business not just straight getting paid lol

Advertisement
I was ****ed when I saw the flip. Clicked the commitment video and noticed the first like 5 seconds were the photo shoot with the Lambo… I instantly felt better. Gimme dawgs.
Like Bijan Robinson who also has a deal w lamb. This is dumb

Advertisement
Back