Some info on Jaden Rashada

Eh, NIL has worked out well for us on a lot of kids, cant get salty when it goes the other way.

Rahsada got a huge payday, good for him. Florida ponied up and got their guy, tip of the cap. If the money is there and you can buy a roster, who cares if they overspend. Its not the schools cash or our money. All I care about is that we have money and we manage it to provide the best roster possible. And hopefully that others are not.

Advertisement
man imagine if NIL was around back in the day
i cant imagine how much tim teabag would have racked up in college

Advertisement
hate to be that guy but he probably just decided to explore options when he saw how putrid our offense looked and our team as a whole. Emory hasn't even gone public saying he's locked in like some of our other commits. Don't think QBs are exactly getting in line to play in this Gattis offense.

This has nothing to do with "how putrid our offense looked", particularly when Gattis will not be back. He was looking for a bigger bag since the day he committed.

Go away, Gaytor.

Advertisement
This has nothing to do with "how putrid our offense looked", particularly when Gattis will not be back. He was looking for a bigger bag since the day he committed.

Go away, Gaytor.
I would bet that Gattis’ putrid offense definitely plays into Rashads leaving. There are can be multiple reasons that culminate in a decision to decommit

I will never understand why people use NIL deals as some negative as if to say "you only got him because of the bag." Who cares. It has always been a part of some guys' decisions and always will be. Having boosters to fund these deals is not the gotcha moment these Gator fans have always acted like. I don't know what his deal is or was, don't really care either. I am not paying the money, not getting the money, and there is no salary cap. Good for him for getting paid. I hope UF and whoever is funding the deal regret it in three years' time. Hopefully the flip side of that is we got some good guys in and made the right choice, if those numbers are real.

I agree, I don’t think this is sustainable, even for schools with deep pockets. It’s just gotten insane and market will correct it self.

Remember, NIL money does not come from the school. But it does make sense that businesses and organizations that do pay NIL will eventually experience fatigue, especially if there is poor ROI.

But didn't he already miss a LW commitment? So IF Ruiz wanted to pull the deal he could for breach of contract correct?
Generally speaking, yes. If Rashada doesn't intend to sign an NIL deal with Ruiz/LifeWallet then Ruiz/LifeWallet has no obligation to meet whatever obligations it may have promised to Rashada.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t pay that. If it was Arch then maybe but not Rashada. If they want to gamble on a guy who’s 2 years away physically then let them.

Advertisement
I like Rashada a lot but losing him to the Gators is really the slap in the face of the whole thing

I don’t think he’s a can’t miss but with our QB problems I would prefer to have him than not of course

I just can’t imagine they truly like Williams more but if that’s the story then cool. Maybe Williams plus the money for someone else, Samson? That makes sense, and after getting NIL thrown in our faces, I’m hesitant to throw it back on UiF

I’m kinda indifferent about it

I'm told Rashada's deal with the Gators is 4 years, $11 million. Miami decided not to go in that direction and preferred the quarterback in their class, Emory Williams.
$11 mill for a kid that might be a bust? These schools/boosters need to have some level of protection.

Basically saying he’s not worth no 11 mill!
Thought you had some personal knowledge of him that he isn’t about the money. Money of this caliber is majorly life changing. Kid doesn’t need to go to the league to be set for life (not blowing it but properly investing and living off of returns…he could have a **** nice lifestyle).

Advertisement
Back