So.. about our WR recruiting..

One of the saddest parts of this board has been seeing Dan become a consistently negative poster. I don't like it.

Getting butt ****ed by VT at home and against Duke will do that to you.

We lost to those teams because of coaching so we can't be letting talent get away if we want to overcome our coaching disadvantage.

Are you saying a top 3 class won't solve that?
Good class, close to great, not elite.

If we want to be national champions we'll need either elite coaching (we don't have that) or elite recruiting. Preferably both elite coaching and recruiting.

We can't be elite with the top WRs and RBs playing for other schools (maybe even our rivals).

its not ok to let elite talent get away, but becomes even worse when those guys (Cook, Rudolph etc.) end up playing us for the next 4 years

Advertisement
Stop bringing up how we have done a masterful job of bringing in DT's in this class when we have whiffed for 3 straight years there and the freshmen most likely aint gonna help for at least another year, probably more.

Stop bringing up how we have done a masterful job of bringing in DT's in this class when we have whiffed for 3 straight years there and the freshmen most likely aint gonna help for at least another year, probably more.

So we shouldn't point out that recruiting in that area has improved? Sounds logical.

Advertisement

So we shouldn't point out that recruiting in that area has improved? Sounds logical.

You best believe that if weren't recruiting the position well there'd be several threads talking about it.

It's improved yet are still in the red from repeated misses. Its whistling past the graveyard.

Sammy got suspended for pot, didn't he? We have zero tolerance. He would have been bounced anyway. Cooper plays at Bama with two time NC Qb, all pro line and first round BRs every year. how good is he someplace else? Is Greene that second WR at FSU? Kinda plays with lot of other guys that demand a llot of attention. Just saying, are any of them actually better than Al Hurns, playing with a gimmy QB with tender touch off/on switch and no running game after Duke went down. Hurns put himself in some classic company this year. Nobody has to say anything about Coley. He is the best I have seen since Playmaker. And Mike didn't return kicks. We just got our first top QB recruit in years last year. WR like to plan with good QBs. Well except idiots that buy Urban's crap.

It's improved yet are still in the red from repeated misses. Its whistling past the graveyard.

I'm not denying that, but stating that we can't talk about how we've improved in that area because of our past difficulties is ridiculous. Why not point out that while we struggled in past years, and that has/will hurt us in the future, it seems like the coaches are emphasizing this area AND improving in it? C'mon Aint...you're better than this.

Advertisement
Sammy got suspended for pot, didn't he? We have zero tolerance. He would have been bounced anyway. Cooper plays at Bama with two time NC Qb, all pro line and first round BRs every year. how good is he someplace else? Is Greene that second WR at FSU? Kinda plays with lot of other guys that demand a llot of attention. Just saying, are any of them actually better than Al Hurns, playing with a gimmy QB with tender touch off/on switch and no running game after Duke went down. Hurns put himself in some classic company this year. Nobody has to say anything about Coley. He is the best I have seen since Playmaker. And Mike didn't return kicks. We just got our first top QB recruit in years last year. WR like to plan with good QBs. Well except idiots that buy Urban's crap.

You think we kick out a talent like Sammy Watkins for smoking pot? C'mon...Seantrell is still here, you telling me he never got caught with pot? Be a little realistic.

Amari Cooper is very good...Greene is better than his teammate that we recruited. I'm not saying that we don't have good WR's, but don't act like these other guys are chumps either.

I'm not denying that, but stating that we can't talk about how we've improved in that area because of our past difficulties is ridiculous. Why not point out that while we struggled in past years, and that has/will hurt us in the future, it seems like the coaches are emphasizing this area AND improving in it? C'mon Aint...you're better than this.

My point was more along the lines of lets stop rationalizing when we miss on these elite kids by telling everyone how good our dt recruiting is when that itself has been a complete disaster up until now. You don't make the honor roll because you stopped getting suspended from school every 9 weeks.

Look, you guys can talk about whatever you want, but ive watched people rationalize recruiting misses down here going on 7-8 years now and coincidentally that has coincided with massive amounts of suck on the field each season.

Maybe we should wait to see which DTs actually sign or even better qualify and enroll next fall before we celebrate.This has been the worse position group this staff has recruited since they got here. Fail after fail=Grimble,Ivery, D.Smith,Briscoe,Pierre,King and Moore.Very USF,UCF like.

Our class is elite right now and can get better.....that's the scary part. It could end up hands down the best class in the country.

Just gotta hang on the big names we got and close a few deals.

I see people are saying because we are losing elite players, that means our class isn't. I don't agree. To counter you are looking at the deepest pool of elite talent I can personally remember. Just because Cook and Sony are "better" doesn't mean we didn't land an elite RB in Yearby

We have the best OL class in the country (people forget because they committed so long ago). Arguably one of the best front 7 classes in the country, an elite QB, solid receivers, now an elite safety.

Check our commits at tue bottom of the rankings and that's what separates out class from previous "top" classes. There really are no weak links. For a big class its loaded from top to bottom pretty much. Even perceived under the radar guys like Jenkins, Langham, Owens (at the time) etc. have obvious huge upside.

Its elite.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's like 5 big names left.

Rudolph
Lane
Cook
Michel
Jackson

If we got two of those it would take this class from excellent to faptastic. Unfortunately...I'll be surprised if we get one.

I doubt Sony gives us the time of day...wasn't there something about him not answering coaches calls to set an in-home visit?

speaking of other FSU WR's...

Kelvin Benjamin... pretty **** good. Pretty sure he could have been a Cane if he wanted to.

On Grassy.. my boy Random is killing Rudolph. Pretty much saying he's a 1st class ***. Wonder what that's all about. Clearly Miami is not being considered at this time.

Advertisement
It's all okay because Alabama won a title without guys like Sony and Cook. LOL, wut?

MAROON...EVERYONE WINS TITLES WITHOUT GUYS LIKE SONY AND COOK

I hate dumb people

Name them

Let's start here. We have 2 All-American level talents at RB/WR in Duke and Stacy.

2012 Bama: Cooper and Lacy
2011 Bama: Trent Richardson
2010 Auburn: Nobody outside of Cam
2009 Bama: Ingram and Julio and Richardson
2008 Florida: Harvin
2007 LSU: Nobody
2006 Florida: Harvin
2005 Texas: Nobody
2004 USC: Most loaded offensive team maybe in the history of college football
2003 LSU: Nobody
2002 OSU: Clarett
2001 Miami: 2nd most loaded offensive team of the last 15 years
2000 OU: Nobody

That's SEVEN teams that we have more top end offensive talent than.

You might want to take another look at that 2007 LSU squad.

Our class is elite right now and can get better.....that's the scary part. It could end up hands down the best class in the country.

Just gotta hang on the big names we got and close a few deals.

I see people are saying because we are losing elite players, that means our class isn't. I don't agree. To counter you are looking at the deepest pool of elite talent I can personally remember. Just because Cook and Sony are "better" doesn't mean we didn't land an elite RB in Yearby

We have the best OL class in the country (people forget because they committed so long ago). Arguably one of the best front 7 classes in the country, an elite QB, solid receivers, now an elite safety.

Check our commits at tue bottom of the rankings and that's what separates out class from previous "top" classes. There really are no weak links. For a big class its loaded from top to bottom pretty much. Even perceived under the radar guys like Jenkins, Langham, Owens (at the time) etc. have obvious huge upside.

Its elite.
Good stuff right here. I think the class addresses every single need we have. Golden did a great job of addressing every position. But like all things that are great, Golden isn't gonna pat himself on the back but attempt to get even better. Hopefully Golden can pull in another elite recruit or two in Cook, Rudolph, Lane or Jackson.

Last edited:
2007 LSU? "nobody"??

Not much talent.

Early Doucet? lightly recruited and isn't in the NFL. wasn't even a 5 star
Jacob Hester? Nobody wanted him coming out of highschool.. never played in the NFL
Brandon Lafell? I honestly can't remember his recruitment but never played a down in the NFL
Steven Ridley? never heard of him. no post college career
Terrence Toliver? wasn't even a 5 star
Keiland Williams? wasn't even a 5 star

could someone be more wrong?

2007 LSU? "nobody"??

Not much talent.

Early Doucet? lightly recruited and isn't in the NFL. wasn't even a 5 star
Jacob Hester? Nobody wanted him coming out of highschool.. never played in the NFL
Brandon Lafell? I honestly can't remember his recruitment but never played a down in the NFL
Steven Ridley? never heard of him. no post college career
Terrence Toliver? wasn't even a 5 star
Keiland Williams? wasn't even a 5 star

could someone be more wrong?

NO!

Advertisement
Back