So.. about our WR recruiting..

When Coley was seen as a FSU/UF lean. Posters on ITU were saying he was not a big loss. That he wouldn't play right away. might have to red shirt, Lane was a lock and just as good or better, etc/

Now is Coley is a game changer.

On here, we had people psychoanalyzing his highlight, saying he doesnt go full speed into the endzone, bad attitude, we dont need him. I saw him yelling at his teammates, he has issues, etc.

We had guys here saying he was the best player he ever saw in high school games he attended but people were talking about him not running full speed, not realizing he was just that dam good.

Now cook is whatever, Lulz.

Advertisement
When Coley was seen as a FSU/UF lean. Posters on ITU were saying he was not a big loss. That he wouldn't play right away. might have to red shirt, Lane was a lock and just as good or better, etc/

Nobody ever said Coley wasnt that good. IIRC, the word was Coley was the ONE WR in Florida that NO DB could handle, NONE, not even the best DBs in Florida. People didnt talk him up much because it didnt really seem we had much of a shot at all, until we did. But I remember Coley being discussed as a "next level" type elite guy most of last year.

Actually, I remember people around here being ****ed because he didn't have an offer for a long time.

Nobody ever said Coley wasnt that good. IIRC, the word was Coley was the ONE WR in Florida that NO DB could handle, NONE, not even the best DBs in Florida. People didnt talk him up much because it didnt really seem we had much of a shot at all, until we did. But I remember Coley being discussed as a "next level" type elite guy most of last year.

Lol, someone might have to try to work the search function. There were some doctors in here watching the tape. When we werent on him early some were ****ed but most were like whatever, bad attitude kid, not giving full effort, yada yada. People did talk him up, it just got to point like cook earlier where people complained that oh we arent on him stop bringing him up. Those guys are game changers and you can never have enough. PERIOD

Especially if we arent now struggling with duke but getting blown out by them

Advertisement
did we learn nothing from this season?? nobody thought WR was need last off season and then Coley walks on the field as a true freshman and is already the 2nd best WR on the team. When Hurns leaves next year we will have one great/elite WR in Coley. Herb is avg/good. rashawn has great potential but hasn't lived up to it. Malcolm Lewis is avg. Dorsett is good but he's pretty limited in what he brings to the field (vert threat only). berrios can contribute in the slot, but he's limited to the slot and mayb some jet sweeps. Brady is a project. Langham needs some work also. there's no position on the time where we are "fine" as far as talent and depth goes

It's all okay because Alabama won a title without guys like Sony and Cook. LOL, wut?

MAROON...EVERYONE WINS TITLES WITHOUT GUYS LIKE SONY AND COOK

I hate dumb people

Name them

Let's start here. We have 2 All-American level talents at RB/WR in Duke and Stacy.

2012 Bama: Cooper and Lacy
2011 Bama: Trent Richardson
2010 Auburn: Nobody outside of Cam
2009 Bama: Ingram and Julio and Richardson
2008 Florida: Harvin
2007 LSU: Nobody
2006 Florida: Harvin
2005 Texas: Nobody
2004 USC: Most loaded offensive team maybe in the history of college football
2003 LSU: Nobody
2002 OSU: Clarett
2001 Miami: 2nd most loaded offensive team of the last 15 years
2000 OU: Nobody

That's SEVEN teams that we have more top end offensive talent than.

It's all okay because Alabama won a title without guys like Sony and Cook. LOL, wut?

I hate dumb people

wait what? Alabama had 2 first round picks in the same backfield. Lacy was an animal a 2nd round pick. Yearby was a 5*, drake was a high 4*. and Bama brought in 3 or 4 top RB's last year. how are they winning with players that aren't like cook and sony?

I hate dumb people

Name them

Let's start here. We have 2 All-American level talents at RB/WR in Duke and Stacy.

wait are u talkin only skill players? cuz there is a lot of fail in this post

Advertisement

I hate dumb people

wait what? Alabama had 2 first round picks in the same backfield. Lacy was an animal a 2nd round pick. Yearby was a 5*, drake was a high 4*. and Bama brought in 3 or 4 top RB's last year. how are they winning with players that aren't like cook and sony?

One of those 1st Rounders

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Mark-Ingram-62203

I hate dumb people

Name them

Only RB/WR talent and go ahead and make me look ridiculous if you got that information.

I hate dumb people

Name them

Only RB/WR talent and go ahead and make me look ridiculous if you got that information.

lets see.
2012 Bama also had Yeldon and Mccaron
2011 bama also had lacy, mccaron
2010 auburn also had dyer
2008 florida also had tebow, aaron hernandez, and riley cooper
2007 lsu brandon lefell, trinton holiday, early doucet, matt flynn, charles scott and keiland williams

should I keep going?

I hate dumb people

Name them

2012: Yeldon was the back-up and got a lot of carries.
2011: Lacey was the back-up and got a lot of carries
2010: We don't have a Cam
2009: Okay
2008: Murphey, Cooper, Rainey and Tebow
2007: Hester, Holiday, Brandon LaFell and Early Doucet
2006:
2005: Vince Young, Jamal Charles and Romance Taylor. Lima Sweed.
2004:
2003: Mike Clayton, Skyler Green and Devery Henderson
2002: Gamble and Mike Jenkins

They also had an elite defense. Our coaching staff has yet put on the field an average defense.

Advertisement

I hate dumb people

So because Alabama won a title without Sony and Cook it's okay to lose elite playmakers in your backyard?

Please stop talking about being "dumb." You're the one who went from we have great RB depth to Alabama won a title with a Heisman trophy winning RB and Eddie Lacy.

It's completely non-sensical. Losing Cook and Sony is not okay when they're in your backyard and that is why your program has a huge advantage in the first place. Garbage post, garbage logic, garbage everything. Now you've managed to turn this thread into a debate about Alabama RB's. Good job.

Name them

lets see.
2007 lsu brandon lefell, trinton holiday, early doucet, matt flynn, charles scott and keiland williams

should I keep going?

This is NOT about where they were drafted or what they did in the pro's. It's about their high school profile. As that's all we have to go on when talking about Cook and Michel. Even though I included Lacy, he's a consensus 4 star recruit.

1) Read my post. Stop adding QB's
2) Brandon Lefell and Holiday were 3 star prospects. Keiland Williams was a prep player. That gives them two in Doucet and Scott
3) Whoopty Doo, we still have more than Auburn did

We're talking about incremental differences here. We aren't talking about cupboards full of skill talent.

But I'm done for the night.

Y'all can ***** about missing and needing Dalvin.

Carry On.

lets see.

should I keep going?

This is NOT about where they were drafted or what they did in the pro's. It's about their high school profile. As that's all we have to go on when talking about Cook and Michel. Even though I included Lacy, he's a consensus 4 star recruit.

2) Brandon Lefell and Holiday were 3 star prospects. Keiland Williams was a prep player. That gives them two in Doucet and Scott

We're talking about incremental differences here. We aren't talking about cupboards full of skill talent.

Y'all can **** about missing and needing Dalvin.

Carry On.

Thank god. Next we're going to get a post about how it's okay to lose a guy like Valentine (hypothetically) because we had Matt Walters starting in 2001.

Advertisement
I don't know why people can't just say, we missed on this one. We put a ton of time in, he was our #1 WR target and he went elsewhere. We recruited Cook, Sony, Yearby, Dixon, Rudolph, Lane and most likely will only get 1.

Doesn't make the rest of the class bad, its a **** good class. Adding 2/3 of those just makes it elite.

I don't know why people can't just say, we missed on this one. We put a ton of time in, he was our #1 WR target and he went elsewhere. We recruited Cook, Sony, Yearby, Dixon, Rudolph, Lane and most likely will only get 1.

Doesn't make the rest of the class bad, its a **** good class. Adding 2/3 of those just makes it elite.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!

lets see.

should I keep going?

Y'all can ***** about missing and needing Dalvin.

Carry On.

your post had Cam, so read your own post. and I was naming AA talent, if u just want to base it off of 4* or 5* than the list grows. Bama's team is full of 4* WR

Was Stacy Coley "required?" No. Does he make everything easier for everbody else on the offense and everything harder for everybody on defense? Yes. So what the **** are you talking about again? It's okay to not get elite players in your backyard because Alabama only had Mark Ingram and Eddie Lacy?

1) Yes, Stacy Coley was required. We had no one like him. No one to stretch the field and no one who had his gamebreaking talent. No one on our offense who had the ability to take a 3 yard pass and turn it into an 80 yard score. Now we have that. He's on the team. Do you want more? Of Course. Is it necessary or required to win a national championship? No.

2) My point about the running backs was to illustrate they don't have to by 5 star talents to contribute like 5 star talents. So what if we miss on Cook? I'm more than confident that Gus, Dallas, Duke, and Yearby can be solid ball carriers next year for us.

3) We have satisfied our needs and then some. We are losing these games because we can't stop a nosebleed. Because we can't stop teams from ramming the ball down our throats. Because we give QB's ages to find open receivers. I could care less about the "home run threats". Are they fun to watch? I guess so. I enjoy winning. I'm not getting bent out of shape over somebody who doesn't aid what we sorely lack.

We just got blown out by DUKE a couple weeks ago. And people said they have better talent. We need ALL THE TALENT we can get! We cant think of bama til we start smacking Duke up. RIght now they dominating us into submission. I dont know what people are saying because the same people were saying we lack talent, dont blame the coaches. So we lack talent dont blame coaches, but when we miss talent, dont blame them either we got Coley.

WE NEED EVERY DAM DROP OF TALENT, Either to stop teams or if we keep dorito like some want, we need 5 more Coleys/Dukes to keep scoring because both got hurt in duke game and we looked neutered on offense.

Right on point. These dudes are all over the place. One minute they're claiming we have no talent and Duke's better than us. Next minute, they're telling us we're all set with a bunch of midget RBs and a star that can't handle a lot of carries.

Advertisement
Back