So.. about our WR recruiting..

Sammy Watkins
Amari Cooper
Rashad Greene
Johnnie Dixon
Travis Rudolph

Don't care how many "WRs grow on trees"... you can't get 1 out of the top 7 kids the last few years.

Watkins isn't exactly a Miami kid. (Thank Shannon for this miss) Cooper went to Bama (who won 3 out of last 4 NC). Greene is from Georgia.. not sure how he made the list. Dixon made a deal with the devil. (Urbs is the best closer in the game) Rudolph still might end up here. (if not, he's going to the #1 team in CFB, understandable)

Glad Stacy Coley doesn't make your Top 7 list though... Seems legit.

Advertisement
I remember we said the same thing in 2010 when we only signed Allen Hurns... Turned out he was the best wide out in the state for 2010... As long as the guys we bring are talented I don't care...

2012 'Bama: Outside of Cooper...name the receiving core
2011 'Bama: Name the receiving core
2010 Auburn: Name the receiving core
2009 'Bama: Outside of Julio...name the receiving core
2008 Florida: Outside of Harvin...name the receiving core
2007 LSU: Name the receiving core
2006 Florida: Name the receiving core
2005 Texas: Name the receiving core
2004 'SC: Sick receiving talent...touche
2003 LSU: name the receiving core (don't say Dwayne Bowe...he had 9 catches for 100 yards on the year)
2002 OSU: Name the receiving core
2001 Miami: Outside of Andre Johnson...name the receiving core
2000 OU: Name the receiving core

Go...

2003 LSU: name the receiving core (don't say Dwayne Bowe...he had 9 catches for 100 yards on the year)

Go...

Wiat, who had NFL success?

Advertisement
Dixon is a Buckeye, move on...A Cane COMMIT has a question for CANE fans?

1) Braxton Berrios ‏@HNYNUT_BERRIOS

I really want #1 next year at The U, I think that'd be fresh in the slot, right?

Go...

Nah, just name the guys on those teams who were catching the ball. It's a VERY short list that have experienced NFL success.

I

Go...

Nah, just name the guys on those teams who were catching the ball. It's a VERY short list that have experienced NFL success.

I

Honestly bro nobody on their is relevant except MAYBE Riley Cooper.................... if that's the best you can do then yeah it tells it all. Give me an elite o and d line and we win titles

Go...

I

Honestly bro nobody on their is relevant except MAYBE Riley Cooper.................... if that's the best you can do then yeah it tells it all. Give me an elite o and d line and we win titles

Exactly

Advertisement
Hey dummy.....

Braxton Berrios is an elite slot receiver. We haven't had a kid like that in a long time....kid could be a Wes Welker/Danny Amendola type player. We don't have that right now. Kid had the fastest 20 yeard shuttle time in the country at the opening. I would not expect you to understand what that means.

Herb Waters will play in the NFL for a long time. He has elite talent and speed. Was overshadowed by another NFL WR...Allen Hurns.

Stacey Coley could be the best WR in the country next year.

Malcom Lewis will be elite if he recovers 100%. Rayshwan Scott is a stud if he gets his head out of his a$$.

Langham, Brady and Trayone Gray have a ton of upside.

You are stupid.

You obviously do not understand the definition of the word elite, BTW Dixon wasnt elite......

Mbecks is a made man. Anyone acting like he doesn't know what he's talking about is clueless.

This is true but I'm not seeing Dixon as that type of loss. JMO though.

I love our WR class.
It is a good class. It's just really frustrating that this coaching staff is looking to add 4 WR's this year, and the best 3 from the area aren't in that group.

If you'r gonna criticize our staff for missing on some local high star WR recruits you should also be willing to give credit when our staff unearth's a below the radar WR recruit that pans out.

Rayshawn Scott was an after-thought to most when he came in. I was high on him very early on. DMoney even called me out asking what I see in him. My response, "He catches everything while in traffic." By the end of last season Rayshawn Scott had evolved into our best receiver. He reminds me of Michael Irvin (i.e.: the ability make catches while covered).

Advertisement
Sammy Watkins
Amari Cooper
Rashad Greene
Johnnie Dixon
Travis Rudolph

All local WR studs, not coming to Miami

Pretty good possibility that Ermon Lane gets added to that list shortly

****, even Stacy Coley probably was headed elsewhere until we hired Coley away from FSU and stole him late.

WTF is up with these local pass catchers not staying home? Our WRs have put up excellent numbers lately.. we throw the ball... run a pro style offense... have highly rated QBs in the last 2 classes... HOF type NFL WRs in the League repping us... etc.. etc...etc

I love Berrios for what he is, but I'm not seeing a stud WR in the past few classes other than Stacy Coley.

Something better change at this position or we're gunna be playing JAGs at WR in the near future.

Don't care how many "WRs grow on trees"... you can't get 1 out of the top 7 kids the last few years.

so much wrong with this post but the bolded part is the worst. Coley wasn't even recruiting him to FSU, but you think he was the reason Stacy ended up at Miami smdh

I thought McDonald/Carroll were more responsible for Coley.

Didn't Coley not focus on recruiting Stacey since he had recruited him for FSU?

+1 McDonald really hit it off with Coley and Carroll followed up. It didn't hurt Bennet was on our side as well.

T.Rich was really the key to Coley because he was always the other recruiter being that he went to Northeast too. Coley raved about him throughout especially after McDonald left

TRich had nothing to do with it, if anyone gets praise for Stacy being here it's McDonald and McDonald. He's the one who stayed on Stacy and made sure Miami remained relevant in his recruitment, when everyone claimed Miami wasn't interested and even the NE alum was slow playing the kid. Also if you want to give another coach that's not here credit then give it to Jedd before TRich, because he played a big role in winning him over also. Props to Carroll for doing a good job of quickly building the relationship after McDonald left.

I think people are over-hyping Dixon. Kid has upside but I wouldnt trade Berrios, Brady or Langham for him. All 3 of those guys will contribute before Dixon would have.

Mbecks is a made man. Anyone acting like he doesn't know what he's talking about is clueless.

This is true but I'm not seeing Dixon as that type of loss. JMO though.

I love our WR class.
It is a good class. It's just really frustrating that this coaching staff is looking to add 4 WR's this year, and the best 3 from the area aren't in that group.

I guess it depends how you view those guys. I hear ya though.

I'm not worried yet though. The backyard bias gets a little out of control IMO. Not absolving this staff of everything in any way shape or form but Travis Rudolph is a kid we were all over before anyone. We nailed it there but the kid is looking elsewhere. Not for lack of effort. Lane has been all over the place and you know how I feel about Dixon.

We still have a ways to go as well.

Advertisement
I think OP's post is a fair question in spite of the geography lessons that follow it. My shot in the dark at an answer is that winning at the highest level is what's luring the receivers elsewhere. Each of the schools where those players chose to go to school have experienced more recent success than we have. Not national titles, but they have played in their conference championship game at least. If we win more we'll get even more top recruits. Having said that I love our WR class so far but would have loved to have had Dixon. Never gonna get them all.

Hey dummy.....

Braxton Berrios is an elite slot receiver. We haven't had a kid like that in a long time....kid could be a Wes Welker/Danny Amendola type player. We don't have that right now. Kid had the fastest 20 yeard shuttle time in the country at the opening. I would not expect you to understand what that means.

Herb Waters will play in the NFL for a long time. He has elite talent and speed. Was overshadowed by another NFL WR...Allen Hurns.

Stacey Coley could be the best WR in the country next year.

Malcom Lewis will be elite if he recovers 100%. Rayshwan Scott is a stud if he gets his head out of his a$$.

Langham, Brady and Trayone Gray have a ton of upside.

You are stupid.
I can tell anyone good = elite to you...just throwing the word around

If you think Watkin's was "local" you are mistaken.

I am from his area and Miami fans are in the minority to FSU, UF, even tOSU & Michigan fans.

Sammy Watkins
Amari Cooper
Rashad Greene
Johnnie Dixon
Travis Rudolph

Watkins isn't exactly a Miami kid. (Thank Shannon for this miss) Cooper went to Bama (who won 3 out of last 4 NC). Greene is from Georgia.. not sure how he made the list. Dixon made a deal with the devil. (Urbs is the best closer in the game) Rudolph still might end up here. (if not, he's going to the #1 team in CFB, understandable)

Glad Stacy Coley doesn't make your Top 7 list though... Seems legit.

That times 10000000

Advertisement
Back