So.. about our WR recruiting..

I'm more worried about losing Cook and Sony than any WR.

This staff has done a good job with its receivers. That position has been a strength the past three years and should be even better next year with Coley, Waters and Dorsett.

This WR class is one more player away (Lane?) from being outstanding. Langham was at the top of their board, Berrios is the best slot receiver in the nation and Brady has a ton of potential.

A lot of people forget about Langham. Same WR that had his head coach praising him. His head coach was talking about how he had numerous offers that were unreported, and one of the reasons he isn't ranked higher is because he didn't play for a 7on7 team & wasnt a guy at the camp scene.

FSU and Miami both wanted Langham bad. He has great measurables, and as much upside as any receiver down here.

We are pursuing Lane hard again, but before he made his decision, he said he hadn't spoken with Miami coaches in over a month. You never heard that with Dixon or Rudolph.

Staffs don't just use online rankings. ****, LSU said no to the #4 WR in the nation in their backyard.

Definitely have to agree with D that missing on Cook and Sony would be a huge loss. With all the time and resources we put into Dixon, we should've pulled him. No excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I have said this MANY times before and I will continue to say it..Stop $hitting on this class JUST TO MAKE YOUR POINT that losing Cook/Sony/Rudolph/Dixon/Lane hurts. It doesnt KILL the success of this class. IF they all stick, I will applaud Al and the staff for a job well done.

This has become the overwhelming perception on this board.

Seems like every instance in which anyone laments over the loss of a top-tier prospect, a bunch of posters make the bold claim that the one who dished out the criticism is directly stating or implying that the recruiting class is sub-par and that the staff’s collective effort on the year is a complete failure.

Take a poll. Even those who are steadfast in their hypothetical “hatred” of Golden would laud the efforts of both he and the staff collectively this year.

Is it possible for people to identify middle ground on this board? Why does everyone have to be so far on one side or so far on the other?

This is a great class and Golden has done a very good. But ****, so many people seem to rush to his aid when he’s assessed even slightly in a undesirable fashion.

Someone said it in another thread: Some people can’t seem to stomach the idea of Cook, Michel, Rudolph, and Lane not in this class. I personally don’t see that as anything peculiar.

Moreover, when it’s the staff that’s criticized for not having these guys on board, it’s WW3. Christ, it is possible to show a little disappointment and still think we’re bringing in a very good recruiting class.

You're dead on with this. Every time someone criticizes Golden you have his troop of soldiers coming in with non-starters. They always throw sht out that doesn't even pertain to the actual discussion in order to inflame passions and draw the other minions into the beef that they created.

It's like what Jassid did here. He's claiming people are doing things that they're not even doing (i.e., criticizing the entire class). Then, dummies see that and get riled up and start spewing their own monosyllabic diarrhea.

Golden's put together a nice class. No one's disputing that. His problem is that he's in the process of getting boned again by the local blue-chippers who like to wait to the end to the announce. Unfortunately, many of those guys happen to be the top guys at their positions and guys that we need to get over the hump of losing to the likes of Duke.

I have said this MANY times before and I will continue to say it..Stop $hitting on this class JUST TO MAKE YOUR POINT that losing Cook/Sony/Rudolph/Dixon/Lane hurts. It doesnt KILL the success of this class. IF they all stick, I will applaud Al and the staff for a job well done.

Seems like every instance in which anyone laments over the loss of a top-tier prospect, a bunch of posters make the bold claim that the one who dished out the criticism is directly stating or implying that the recruiting class is sub-par and that the staff’s collective effort on the year is a complete failure.

Take a poll. Even those who are steadfast in their hypothetical “hatred” of Golden would laud the efforts of both he and the staff collectively this year.

Is it possible for people to identify middle ground on this board? Why does everyone have to be so far on one side or so far on the other?

This is a great class and Golden has done a very good. But ****, so many people seem to rush to his aid when he’s assessed even slightly in a undesirable fashion.

Someone said it in another thread: Some people can’t seem to stomach the idea of Cook, Michel, Rudolph, and Lane not in this class. I personally don’t see that as anything peculiar.

Moreover, when it’s the staff that’s criticized for not having these guys on board, it’s WW3. Christ, it is possible to show a little disappointment and still think we’re bringing in a very good recruiting class.

LOL its because there are people here who are FLAT OUT saying it. Franchise is running around with claims that Golden cant get ONE kid when going head to head against a top coach. Golden cant recruit. Golden cant close.

You're a dopey liar and exactly the type of moron that chicanego was castigating in his post. I've never made that claim, but you like to make sht up to get the other mental cripples all stoked up.

You're an emotional basket case, bub. You act like Golden is your dad and when he's criticized it takes food off your table.

Fellas, none of this is set in stone until February. Some of our recruits might change their minds and some other schools might experience the same thing. For example, it seems like almost all of our board's gurus have Cook and Lane to UF. I just don't believe these kids will end up signing with UF, considering the state of the program. I could be wrong, but none of us will know until February. In the meantime, I'm certain that Golden and company will be working hard to protect our commits and sway the others.

Fellas, none of this is set in stone until February. Some of our recruits might change their minds and some other schools might experience the same thing. For example, it seems like almost all of our board's gurus have Cook and Lane to UF. I just don't believe these kids will end up signing with UF, considering the state of the program. I could be wrong, but none of us will know until February. In the meantime, I'm certain that Golden and company will be working hard to protect our commits and sway the others.

Who tha **** thinks Cook and Lane end up at UF?? Maybe you meant to say FSU......

Advertisement
Why is it that it has to be one or the other with either Golden isn't getting the job done or others sayin he's a stud? I think Golden is very good but sometimes it's as simple as a kid wanted to go away from home or he just felt comfortable somewhere else. I respect some "insiders" especially, Tito, Pete and HG but at the same time they couldn't even tell you in their heart of hearts that a kid didn't go to UM because of something the coaches did or whether he just wanted to leave. **** gets tiring how Golden gets so much credit when he pulls in great players like this year and then if he misses on one or 2 that he gets absolutely destroyed by some when maybe just maybe the kid wanted to leave and there was nothing we could do about it

Whats the latest with griffin? Getting him in would soften the blow of missing out on a few guys.

I love this class. I see some big time players coming aboard. Berrios is going to be a huge installment into this passing attack. Yearby, and BP are going to help Duke keep defenders ankles sore from being turned every which way but loose. The speed and elusiveness that is coming is just absurd. Finally we just won't have one or 2 guys that can **** your day up. We are getting back to having dudes upon dudes with that speed. That just makes defenses look average.

Whomever the QB is next season. Will have plenty of toys to use, and a OL that is being built for the long term. Cheer the **** up, cause recruiting is going to be good to us from now on.

Advertisement

LOL its because there are people here who are FLAT OUT saying it. Franchise is running around with claims that Golden cant get ONE kid when going head to head against a top coach. Golden cant recruit. Golden cant close.

You're a dopey liar and exactly the type of moron that chicanego was castigating in his post. I've never made that claim, but you like to make sht up to get the other mental cripples all stoked up.

You're an emotional basket case, bub. You act like Golden is your dad and when he's criticized it takes food off your table.

LMAO. YOU DIDNT post EXACTLY that in the other thread? You got called out SIX WAYS FROM SUNDAY CHAMP and then started backtracking and spinning all kinds of bullsh*t about "well I mean kids that we are trying to flip at the end" and a bunch of other horsesh*t. Which was PROMPTLY shown to be even MORE bullsh*t. LOL, but Im the liar. Youve been doing nothing but running around sh*tting on everything for weeks now dude, worse than a f*cking woman with permanent PMS. If there is bad news afoot, we dont have to wait long for you to chime in and trash the staff. You act like a 17 year old girl whose Prozac levels are off. And of course what would your post be without a few stupid ad hominem attacks, because heaven forbid your fragile ego handle even the hint of disagreement.

I dont act like Golden is a saint or above criticism. But you have become the grand master of negativity and obnoxious ranting on this board dude. I mean this is the best class we have had in YEARS and could be one of the best EVER, and it doesnt seem an hour can go by without you finding something to b*tch about. But hey, my sincere apologies for acting like a grown up and trying to insert some common sense and reason while your fling ***** like a primate in a cage.

LMAO. YOU DIDNT post EXACTLY that in the other thread? You got called out SIX WAYS FROM SUNDAY CHAMP and then started backtracking and spinning all kinds of bullsh*t about "well I mean kids that we are trying to flip at the end" and a bunch of other horsesh*t. Which was PROMPTLY shown to be even MORE bullsh*t. LOL, but Im the liar. Youve been doing nothing but running around sh*tting on everything for weeks now dude, worse than a f*cking woman with permanent PMS. If there is bad news afoot, we dont have to wait long for you to chime in and trash the staff. You act like a 17 year old girl whose Prozac levels are off. And of course what would your post be without a few stupid ad hominem attacks, because heaven forbid your fragile ego handle even the hint of disagreement.

I dont act like Golden is a saint or above criticism. But you have become the grand master of negativity and obnoxious ranting on this board dude. I mean this is the best class we have had in YEARS and could be one of the best EVER, and it doesnt seem an hour can go by without you finding something to b*tch about. But hey, my sincere apologies for acting like a grown up and trying to insert some common sense and reason while your fling ***** like a primate in a cage.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz You bore me to sleep with your same tired 5000 word treatises on nothing. Didn't even read that novel.

Advertisement
Back