So.. about our WR recruiting..

I must have missed where we have a 6'5 WR committ in Langham who has an FSU offer, and probably as much upside as any WR in the state.

Also have another 6'3 WR comitted in Brady who has high upside also a talented player.

Then we hav arguably the best slot WR in America committed, who proved his atleticism at the opening having one of the highest Sparq ratings there.

You need to learn how it works on here.

Those three players are Canes, therefore, they're irrelevant.

We're only concerned with the players that got away.

Hang wringing is a popular pass time on here.

Advertisement
MBecks,

You see what's happening again, right? There is a clear division that is growing. And, in this thread, what you're seeing is the side that takes umbrage at the mere suggestion that we've performed less than optimal in some way. Without question, not landing Dixon, Lane, or Rudolph is a huge fail, especially considering that Golden himself as cited the lack of depth we have at WR several times this year. WRs may grow on trees, but apparently we don't have access to that type of tree, b/c we're actually thin at the position--especially when it comes to elite, top-end talent, which I think only Coley qualifies as.

These dolts are the same dolts we saw back in the Grassy days when Coker completely struck out at WR and ended up playing a punter as a backup WR. They just have different screen names, but it's the same M.O. They'll talk about sanctions for the next three years, as an excuse for recruiting, and then they'll move onto other inane excuses for Golden's inability to get us back to elite.
This actually started over the summer. You saw the battle lines forming but no one really noticed. People started getting snippy with each other over the summer when Clark committed to UF. Moten was a gator at the time, and Valentine wasn't in the fold yet. The claws started to come out a bit. When Valentine committed a week or so later it subsided, and then the season started and we were a top 10 team so it went away. But once the season ended the way it did those same lines of division resurfaced.

Why does everybody keep saying that we "missed" on Lane and Rudolph???

Still got some time boys. Both (Rudolph especially) have been warming up to us lately. Remember, Stacy Coley seemed like a lost cause this time last year...

We only got Coley because we hired Coley from FSU. So unless we're about to hire another position coach that Rudolph/Lane is extremely coach to, don't even compare the situations.
So, last year Coach Coley was a good enough recruiter to develop a relationship with a stud wr and land him. This year, now that he is with us, he has lost his magical powers, now sucks as a recruiter. and is incapable of doing the same with this new crop of wrs?

Makes sense..

Advertisement
MBecks,

You see what's happening again, right? There is a clear division that is growing. And, in this thread, what you're seeing is the side that takes umbrage at the mere suggestion that we've performed less than optimal in some way. Without question, not landing Dixon, Lane, or Rudolph is a huge fail, especially considering that Golden himself as cited the lack of depth we have at WR several times this year. WRs may grow on trees, but apparently we don't have access to that type of tree, b/c we're actually thin at the position--especially when it comes to elite, top-end talent, which I think only Coley qualifies as.

These dolts are the same dolts we saw back in the Grassy days when Coker completely struck out at WR and ended up playing a punter as a backup WR. They just have different screen names, but it's the same M.O. They'll talk about sanctions for the next three years, as an excuse for recruiting, and then they'll move onto other inane excuses for Golden's inability to get us back to elite.
This actually started over the summer. You saw the battle lines forming but no one really noticed. People started getting snippy with each other over the summer when Clark committed to UF. Moten was a gator at the time, and Valentine wasn't in the fold yet. The claws started to come out a bit. When Valentine committed a week or so later it subsided, and then the season started and we were a top 10 team so it went away. But once the season ended the way it did those same lines of division resurfaced.

The problem is that you have certain fans, like the above cited, who dont seem to come out of their caves unless it is to b*tch about something. When things are going well, you scarecely see them or hear from them, but as soon as things go south, they are ready with the long knives to slash, burn and fire everyone. IMO its bullsh*t. I was a HUGE Coker and Shannon critic and was calling for their @sses long before the consensus was they had to go, but you have to be fair and objective too. Coker took over a MONSTER team with a ton of momentum and destroyed it. Shannon took over a team that still had a lot of potential and he had a chance to bounce us back, and ran us even further into the ground.

Golden took over a SHAMBLES. This program was a disaster. Low morale, players leaving, years of mediocrity, 4 guys committed at the time and almost no recruiting class to work with, and then has the NCAA disaster dropped on his head. Despite this, he has consistenly gotten better records in his tenure. His recruiting has also significantly improved, and now that the NCAA mess is over, we are actually sitting on a top 5 class nationally, DESPITE a decade of mediocrity, no bowls the last 2 years, and all the issues we have had. And yet Golden gets NO credit. With some of these cats its always "Golden was outworked", "Jimbo used Golden like a sh*trag", "Golden cant close". When we sign a good player, you dont hear from these guys, but when player X goes elsewhere, here they are to tell us how much 'Golden sux".

I mean look at the absurdity of Map's post. He's lamenting the "WR depth" that Golden has mentioned, and TOTALLY IGNORES that we have THREE Wrs currently committed in this class. LMAO. I mean its ALWAYS the same sh*t. Its always the kid that got away. We sign the best DL class in the state of Florida, and possibly the nation, between Chad Thomas, Jenkins, DJ, Trent Harris, Valentine, Moten, and here they are to sh*t all over Cerenoud. Best OL class in the country? Who cares, FSU got some kid we wanted. Three WRs already committed, including kids that big programs wanted, and kids we offered REALLY early after watching live? Who cares??? Johnnie Dixon is the GOAT WR in the history of the world, and Urban Meyer has totally destroyed Golden because he got ONE KID, that we went after, and we dont even know how high the staff really had Dixon. Brad Kaaya coming? MEH. USC and UCLA didnt even offer him til late. Oh he's the BEST QB in all of Souther Cal? MEH, Torrance Gibson will be better, and he's not coming here, GOLDEN FAIL. Kaaya was elite 11? SO WHAT? Teddy Bridgewater should have come here!! Edouard would have been better!!! Treon Harris is going to win the Heisman 4 times at FSU and Golden is stupid he didnt offer him at QB. OH we got Joe Yearby? MEH. Cook and Sony are better. Brandon Powell? WHO DAT???

And so forth and so on. THAT is why the claws have been coming out. At least for me dude. Look, Im all for criticism when its warranted, but there are some cats here who have NO objectivity at all. Its perfection or "FIRE this guy", as if this was still 1990. Ner a good word to be spoken when the staff does something right, but ONE kid decides to go to OSU, and "Golden cant recruit". Its BULLSH*T.

I have said this MANY times before and I will continue to say it..Stop $hitting on this class JUST TO MAKE YOUR POINT that losing Cook/Sony/Rudolph/Dixon/Lane hurts. It doesnt KILL the success of this class. IF they all stick, I will applaud Al and the staff for a job well done.

This has become the overwhelming perception on this board.

Seems like every instance in which anyone laments over the loss of a top-tier prospect, a bunch of posters make the bold claim that the one who dished out the criticism is directly stating or implying that the recruiting class is sub-par and that the staff’s collective effort on the year is a complete failure.

Take a poll. Even those who are steadfast in their hypothetical “hatred” of Golden would laud the efforts of both he and the staff collectively this year.

Is it possible for people to identify middle ground on this board? Why does everyone have to be so far on one side or so far on the other?

This is a great class and Golden has done a very good. But ****, so many people seem to rush to his aid when he’s assessed even slightly in a undesirable fashion.

Someone said it in another thread: Some people can’t seem to stomach the idea of Cook, Michel, Rudolph, and Lane not in this class. I personally don’t see that as anything peculiar.

Moreover, when it’s the staff that’s criticized for not having these guys on board, it’s WW3. Christ, it is possible to show a little disappointment and still think we’re bringing in a very good recruiting class.

I have said this MANY times before and I will continue to say it..Stop $hitting on this class JUST TO MAKE YOUR POINT that losing Cook/Sony/Rudolph/Dixon/Lane hurts. It doesnt KILL the success of this class. IF they all stick, I will applaud Al and the staff for a job well done.

Seems like every instance in which anyone laments over the loss of a top-tier prospect, a bunch of posters make the bold claim that the one who dished out the criticism is directly stating or implying that the recruiting class is sub-par and that the staff’s collective effort on the year is a complete failure.

Take a poll. Even those who are steadfast in their hypothetical “hatred” of Golden would laud the efforts of both he and the staff collectively this year.

Is it possible for people to identify middle ground on this board? Why does everyone have to be so far on one side or so far on the other?

This is a great class and Golden has done a very good. But ****, so many people seem to rush to his aid when he’s assessed even slightly in a undesirable fashion.

Someone said it in another thread: Some people can’t seem to stomach the idea of Cook, Michel, Rudolph, and Lane not in this class. I personally don’t see that as anything peculiar.

Moreover, when it’s the staff that’s criticized for not having these guys on board, it’s WW3. Christ, it is possible to show a little disappointment and still think we’re bringing in a very good recruiting class.

LOL its because there are people here who are FLAT OUT saying it. Franchise is running around with claims that Golden cant get ONE kid when going head to head against a top coach. Golden cant recruit. Golden cant close. They excitment over Hester lasted all of 6 hours before the nay sayers were back to complain about something else. YOu have proclamations on how "Dixon was our #1 WR recruit". As if ANYONE knows this. We have Powell and Yearby committed? No one gives a F*CK. ITs Cook or bust. If we dont get COok, while battling the #1 team in the country right now, who also happen to be playing for the MNC, then its an EPIC Fail by Golden, despite the fact that we have NEVER led for Cook, nor has he EVER given the slightest indication that he wanted to play here over going away. A kid that has committed to Clemson and Florida and barely gave us the time of day until a few weeks ago, but now its the Failure of the century if he doesnt go to a program, that he hasnt really shown much interest in all year until recently. And as if South Florida kids have never left SOFLa before to go to other schools. This happens EVERY year, and HAS happened every year to EVERY UM coach, even under Jimmy J.

Criticizing the staff for not recruiting a kid, or for getting on him late, or not evaluating him properly, is VERY FAIR. But when the staff does all it can, I mean what else can you do?

I'm more worried about losing Cook and Sony than any WR.

This staff has done a good job with its receivers. That position has been a strength the past three years and should be even better next year with Coley, Waters and Dorsett.

This WR class is one more player away (Lane?) from being outstanding. Langham was at the top of their board, Berrios is the best slot receiver in the nation and Brady has a ton of potential.

Advertisement
The problem is that you have certain fans, like the above cited, who dont seem to come out of their caves unless it is to b*tch about something. When things are going well, you scarecely see them or hear from them, but as soon as things go south, they are ready with the long knives to slash, burn and fire everyone. IMO its bullsh*t.

No, pretending that Map's post frequency is in any way relevant, is bullsh*t. Just because he hasn't fully made the migration over from canestime to here like the rest of have, holds no bearing whatsoever as to the legitimacy of his post.

I was a HUGE Coker and Shannon critic and was calling for their @sses long before the consensus was they had to go, but you have to be fair and objective too. Coker took over a MONSTER team with a ton of momentum and destroyed it. Shannon took over a team that still had a lot of potential and he had a chance to bounce us back, and ran us even further into the ground.

All true.

Golden took over a SHAMBLES. This program was a disaster. Low morale, players leaving, years of mediocrity, 4 guys committed at the time and almost no recruiting class to work with, and then has the NCAA disaster dropped on his head. Despite this, he has consistenly gotten better records in his tenure. His recruiting has also significantly improved, and now that the NCAA mess is over, we are actually sitting on a top 5 class nationally, DESPITE a decade of mediocrity, no bowls the last 2 years, and all the issues we have had. And yet Golden gets NO credit. With some of these cats its always "Golden was outworked", "Jimbo used Golden like a sh*trag", "Golden cant close". When we sign a good player, you dont hear from these guys, but when player X goes elsewhere, here they are to tell us how much 'Golden sux".

You were going somewhere until the section I bolded. The last half is complete nonsense. "Golden gets no credit" The **** are you talking about? No one thinks this is a bad class, and no one is unwilling to give Golden credit. I'm not sure how many times that has to be repeated around here. Everyone thinks it's a good class. The vast majority think it's great, and close to half of this board thinks it's elite. I think it's great, and has a chance to be elite, if we win head to head recruiting battles for local prospects. Something that we should be favored to win. Asking that our coaches win recruiting battles for elite kids from Dade, Broward, and P.B. County isn't unreasonable. It should be expected. Especially when our own coaching staff says we aren't talented enough to be considered "back" yet, and the only way to shore up that talent gap is to win these battles. I've been one of the more negative people and I'm up in every recruiting thread (the good and the bad), and I give Golden credit for every victory.

I mean look at the absurdity of Map's post. He's lamenting the "WR depth" that Golden has mentioned, and TOTALLY IGNORES that we have THREE Wrs currently committed in this class. LMAO. I mean its ALWAYS the same sh*t. Its always the kid that got away.

You aren't actually suggesting that ANY of the 3 WR's we currently have were the top 3 on our board, are you? If you can't tell that distinction than there's no point in even having a message board. We'll just have threads with polls that ask questions like, "Al Golden: Great recruiter, or greatest recruiter".

We sign the best DL class in the state of Florida, and possibly the nation, between Chad Thomas, Jenkins, DJ, Trent Harris, Valentine, Moten, and here they are to sh*t all over Cerenoud.

So what if people don't like Cerenord? It's not a prerequisite for posting on the site that you like him.

Best OL class in the country? Who cares, FSU got some kid we wanted.

No one has said that. Everyone gives credit to the amazing OL haul. Just more nonsense.

Three WRs already committed, including kids that big programs wanted, and kids we offered REALLY early after watching live? Who cares??? Johnnie Dixon is the GOAT WR in the history of the world, and Urban Meyer has totally destroyed Golden because he got ONE KID, that we went after, and we dont even know how high the staff really had Dixon.

No one said Dixon was GOAT. BTW, I don't remember you running around ****ting on Dixon for the previous 8 months until it was becoming obvious to everyone he wasn't coming here. Missing out on him when it's obvious the coaching staff really wanted him doesn't make losing out on him any less important.

Brad Kaaya coming? MEH. USC and UCLA didnt even offer him til late. Oh he's the BEST QB in all of Souther Cal? MEH, Torrance Gibson will be better, and he's not coming here, GOLDEN FAIL.

No one has said that, more nonsense.

Kaaya was elite 11? SO WHAT?

Teddy Bridgewater should have come here!!
You're god**** right he should have.

Edouard would have been better!!!

LOLWUT?

Treon Harris is going to win the Heisman 4 times at FSU and Golden is stupid he didnt offer him at QB.

???????????????????????????

OH we got Joe Yearby? MEH. Cook and Sony are better. Brandon Powell? WHO DAT???

Again...

And so forth and so on. THAT is why the claws have been coming out. At least for me dude. Look, Im all for criticism when its warranted, but there are some cats here who have NO objectivity at all. Its perfection or "FIRE this guy", as if this was still 1990. Ner a good word to be spoken when the staff does something right, but ONE kid decides to go to OSU, and "Golden cant recruit". Its BULLSH*T.

It's not "perfection or fire this guy". I'll let Golden's own words from when the ink was drying on the 2012 class close this post out for me. Jump to the 5:55 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CoDq6Mj8Jw

• "Are we not supposed to beat Alabama, Florida, Florida State down here? Five rings in that office down the hall … that's what we're trying to get back to. Add those guys together they don't have five rings. Let's be proud of who we are. We're not a large state institution. We're a private institution. We have everything you could want in a college town coupled with anything you can want from a cultural aspect of a city. Plus an education, 20 students in a classroom, small campus setting. That's hard to beat. We have to start thinking like we're the University of Miami again."

LOL its because there are people here who are FLAT OUT saying it. Franchise is running around with claims that Golden cant get ONE kid when going head to head against a top coach. Golden cant recruit. Golden cant close. They excitment over Hester lasted all of 6 hours before the nay sayers were back to complain about something else. YOu have proclamations on how "Dixon was our #1 WR recruit". As if ANYONE knows this. We have Powell and Yearby committed? No one gives a F*CK. ITs Cook or bust. If we dont get COok, while battling the #1 team in the country right now, who also happen to be playing for the MNC, then its an EPIC Fail by Golden, despite the fact that we have NEVER led for Cook, nor has he EVER given the slightest indication that he wanted to play here over going away. A kid that has committed to Clemson and Florida and barely gave us the time of day until a few weeks ago, but now its the Failure of the century if he doesnt go to a program, that he hasnt really shown much interest in all year until recently. And as if South Florida kids have never left SOFLa before to go to other schools. This happens EVERY year, and HAS happened every year to EVERY UM coach, even under Jimmy J.

Criticizing the staff for not recruiting a kid, or for getting on him late, or not evaluating him properly, is VERY FAIR. But when the staff does all it can, I mean what else can you do?

Pay them!

Mentioning the name of one poster to generalize and entire group of fans who have voiced displeasure in losing recruits is unfair.

Also, I never proclaimed Dixon was the #1 priority on our WR board, if that's what your implying.

My entire post was to simply voice that this supposed "divide" is because those standing on one side feel they're in a completely different stratosphere in regard to thought from those standing on the other, and vice versa.

Everyone needs to stop being so **** butthurt when the staff is criticized and the contrary.

Criticism of Golden's recruitment since he has been at Miami is absurd. Period. Few, if any, coaches would have done better given the circumstances.

Criticism of Golden's defensive philosophy and defensive schemes is understandable and arguably warranted.

Missing out on Dixon, Lane and Rudolph is not program damaging but it does sting. Missing out on Sonny and Cook hurts and could cause RB depth issues in two years. No doubt. Labeling this entire class as a "failure" because of the depth of the WR and RB recruitment is comical.

Advertisement
First off, take a Xanax.

Second, I don't visit or post on any other Canes site but here, and even then it's seldom and not skewed towards negative or positive posts. I just don't have the time or energy I did back in 2004-2008, when I was still in school.

To me, this is VERY simple. It appears that our coach is clearly not an Xs and Os savant, an Art Briles type who can take a group of players, and through his schemes, game-planning, playcalling, and in-game adjustments, have their production exceed the sum of their individual talent. Golden is simply not a guy that makes the whole better than the sum of the parts. What makes this plan to me is our results this year, a year most of us said would be telling. This year, Golden performed like **** as a coach. He took the most veteran team in the ACC, with a supposedly loaded offense and a senior QB, and he managed to beat up on terrible teams, barely scrape by against mediocre ACC teams, get destroyed by a fantastic team, and most important, lose key, season-defining games to VT and Duke. Our defense, which reflects and implements his philosophy, was historically bad when it counted. Duke, VT, WF, and UVA did unspeakable things to us, despite having been shut down by mediocre teams.

So, what does this mean? It means that the dude is going to have to be an Aces recruiter to win here. He's going to have to be an A+ salesman, and a *******-jack evaluator. Thus, when he misses out on key, nationally elite local recruits, I will ***** and moan, and with good reason. It's the top kids -- the Dixon's, the Matt Thomas's, the Cook's, the Coley's, that are necessary to change this program around. Berrios and Langham are cute, but Dixon was the guy we invested the most time into, and we missed. The Grace kid at LB is good, but he's not Matt Thomas, a guy who can change a defense potentially. Yearby is a nice back, but there are significant questions about his ability to survive with his frame, whereas Cook and Sony are the complete package.

The "realists" don't fail to see that we have a great class. We just know that because our coach isn 't a great Xs and Os guy, we can't afford to miss the top local recruits at the rate we have been.

MBecks,

The problem is that you have certain fans, like the above cited, who dont seem to come out of their caves unless it is to b*tch about something. When things are going well, you scarecely see them or hear from them, but as soon as things go south, they are ready with the long knives to slash, burn and fire everyone. IMO its bullsh*t. I was a HUGE Coker and Shannon critic and was calling for their @sses long before the consensus was they had to go, but you have to be fair and objective too. Coker took over a MONSTER team with a ton of momentum and destroyed it. Shannon took over a team that still had a lot of potential and he had a chance to bounce us back, and ran us even further into the ground.

I mean look at the absurdity of Map's post. He's lamenting the "WR depth" that Golden has mentioned, and TOTALLY IGNORES that we have THREE Wrs currently committed in this class. LMAO. I mean its ALWAYS the same sh*t. Its always the kid that got away. We sign the best DL class in the state of Florida, and possibly the nation, between Chad Thomas, Jenkins, DJ, Trent Harris, Valentine, Moten, and here they are to sh*t all over Cerenoud. Best OL class in the country? Who cares, FSU got some kid we wanted. Three WRs already committed, including kids that big programs wanted, and kids we offered REALLY early after watching live? Who cares??? Johnnie Dixon is the GOAT WR in the history of the world, and Urban Meyer has totally destroyed Golden because he got ONE KID, that we went after, and we dont even know how high the staff really had Dixon. Brad Kaaya coming? MEH. USC and UCLA didnt even offer him til late. Oh he's the BEST QB in all of Souther Cal? MEH, Torrance Gibson will be better, and he's not coming here, GOLDEN FAIL. Kaaya was elite 11? SO WHAT? Teddy Bridgewater should have come here!! Edouard would have been better!!! Treon Harris is going to win the Heisman 4 times at FSU and Golden is stupid he didnt offer him at QB. OH we got Joe Yearby? MEH. Cook and Sony are better. Brandon Powell? WHO DAT???

The problem is that you have certain fans, like the above cited, who dont seem to come out of their caves unless it is to b*tch about something. When things are going well, you scarecely see them or hear from them, but as soon as things go south, they are ready with the long knives to slash, burn and fire everyone. IMO its bullsh*t.

No, pretending that Map's post frequency is in any way relevant, is bullsh*t. Just because he hasn't fully made the migration over from canestime to here like the rest of have, holds no bearing whatsoever as to the legitimacy of his post.

I was a HUGE Coker and Shannon critic and was calling for their @sses long before the consensus was they had to go, but you have to be fair and objective too. Coker took over a MONSTER team with a ton of momentum and destroyed it. Shannon took over a team that still had a lot of potential and he had a chance to bounce us back, and ran us even further into the ground.

All true.

You were going somewhere until the section I bolded. The last half is complete nonsense. "Golden gets no credit" The **** are you talking about? No one thinks this is a bad class, and no one is unwilling to give Golden credit. I'm not sure how many times that has to be repeated around here. Everyone thinks it's a good class. The vast majority think it's great, and close to half of this board thinks it's elite. I think it's great, and has a chance to be elite, if we win head to head recruiting battles for local prospects. Something that we should be favored to win. Asking that our coaches win recruiting battles for elite kids from Dade, Broward, and P.B. County isn't unreasonable. It should be expected. Especially when our own coaching staff says we aren't talented enough to be considered "back" yet, and the only way to shore up that talent gap is to win these battles. I've been one of the more negative people and I'm up in every recruiting thread (the good and the bad), and I give Golden credit for every victory.

I mean look at the absurdity of Map's post. He's lamenting the "WR depth" that Golden has mentioned, and TOTALLY IGNORES that we have THREE Wrs currently committed in this class. LMAO. I mean its ALWAYS the same sh*t. Its always the kid that got away.

You aren't actually suggesting that ANY of the 3 WR's we currently have were the top 3 on our board, are you? If you can't tell that distinction than there's no point in even having a message board. We'll just have threads with polls that ask questions like, "Al Golden: Great recruiter, or greatest recruiter".

So what if people don't like Cerenord? It's not a prerequisite for posting on the site that you like him.

No one has said that. Everyone gives credit to the amazing OL haul. Just more nonsense.

No one said Dixon was GOAT. BTW, I don't remember you running around ****ting on Dixon for the previous 8 months until it was becoming obvious to everyone he wasn't coming here. Missing out on him when it's obvious the coaching staff really wanted him doesn't make losing out on him any less important.

You're god**** right he should have.

Edouard would have been better!!!

LOLWUT?

Treon Harris is going to win the Heisman 4 times at FSU and Golden is stupid he didnt offer him at QB.

???????????????????????????

OH we got Joe Yearby? MEH. Cook and Sony are better. Brandon Powell? WHO DAT???

Again...

It's not "perfection or fire this guy". I'll let Golden's own words from when the ink was drying on the 2012 class close this post out for me. Jump to the 5:55 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CoDq6Mj8Jw

• "Are we not supposed to beat Alabama, Florida, Florida State down here? Five rings in that office down the hall … that's what we're trying to get back to. Add those guys together they don't have five rings. Let's be proud of who we are. We're not a large state institution. We're a private institution. We have everything you could want in a college town coupled with anything you can want from a cultural aspect of a city. Plus an education, 20 students in a classroom, small campus setting. That's hard to beat. We have to start thinking like we're the University of Miami again."

Oh, Map's posting frequency isnt relevant? I see, so he hasnt fully "made the transition from Canestime, he just made the half where all he does is pop up to criticize sh*t? And its not like this hasnt been his MO on Canestime too. The guy is gloom and doom 23 hours a day. For every 1 positive thing he has to say, there are 100 negative. Again, that's fine, but lets not pretend he's being balanced and fair. Map has been around a long time, so it doesnt escape my attention that his posting frequency SKYROCKETS when things are going badly. If are going to dispute that, well, I really have nothing else to say then.

No one said you have to like Cenenord, but here agian, people popping out of the woodwork who havent had a positive thing to say all year, to proclaim this kid a JAG and how this is evidence that our staff cant recruit DTs.

And how the F*CK do you know who the staff had at the top of their board? Langham, Brady AND Barrios were all offered before their Senior seasons, so the implication that somehow these are "lower" guys is BULLSH*T. YOu have NO idea what the staff feels about those guys. Instead, you look at Dixon with a bunch of stars by his name, and ASSUME, like most, that he must be our end all be all #1 target. And he well might be, but its now become GOSPEL around here, that Dixon was the Staff's Dream recruit and we totally sh*t the bed in losing him.

And "No one has said that"? REALLY? Do you want me to start posting for you some of the gems that have been posted on this board in the last few days? "Golden cant land ONE kid when he is head to head against the top programs". That was just posted here this afternoon, but its "nonsense" for me to call it out? Really? We havent had page after page and thread after threat with people ****ing and moaning about what a fool Golden is for not offering Treon Harris as a QB? Despite having an Elite 11, and the TOP QB in Southern Cal committed?

Again, you can defend that sh8t all you want. Fine. Like you said, its a message board, people can say what they want, but Im **** well going to call it bullsh*t when I see it. This staff has been working its @SS off, and has put together a top 5 class nationally, while going head to head against the likes of Bama, FSU, and all the top programs, while coming off a decade of mediocrity and back to back years of not even going to a bowl. And yet day in and day out, we have guys in here p*ssing and moaning about some kid who didnt come here. Guys disparaging this class because some kid that some website gave a bunch of stars to went to another school, despite the fact that we have 3 f*cking WRs already committed, and then saying we arent "addressing our depth issues" at that position? LMFAO. Is this real life dude?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Criticism of Golden's recruitment since he has been at Miami is absurd. Period. Few, if any, coaches would have done better given the circumstances.

Criticism of Golden's defensive philosophy and defensive schemes is understandable and arguably warranted.

Missing out on Dixon, Lane and Rudolph is not program damaging but it does sting. Missing out on Sonny and Cook hurts and could cause RB depth issues in two years. No doubt. Labeling this entire class as a "failure" because of the depth of the WR and RB recruitment is comical.

We should probably just have this as a headline at the top of the site until a few weeks after NSD.

First off, take a Xanax.

Second, I don't visit or post on any other Canes site but here, and even then it's seldom and not skewed towards negative or positive posts. I just don't have the time or energy I did back in 2004-2008, when I was still in school.

To me, this is VERY simple. It appears that our coach is clearly not an Xs and Os savant, an Art Briles type who can take a group of players, and through his schemes, game-planning, playcalling, and in-game adjustments, have their production exceed the sum of their individual talent. Golden is simply not a guy that makes the whole better than the sum of the parts. What makes this plan to me is our results this year, a year most of us said would be telling. This year, Golden performed like **** as a coach. He took the most veteran team in the ACC, with a supposedly loaded offense and a senior QB, and he managed to beat up on terrible teams, barely scrape by against mediocre ACC teams, get destroyed by a fantastic team, and most important, lose key, season-defining games to VT and Duke. Our defense, which reflects and implements his philosophy, was historically bad when it counted. Duke, VT, WF, and UVA did unspeakable things to us, despite having been shut down by mediocre teams.

So, what does this mean? It means that the dude is going to have to be an Aces recruiter to win here. He's going to have to be an A+ salesman, and a *******-jack evaluator. Thus, when he misses out on key, nationally elite local recruits, I will **** and moan, and with good reason. It's the top kids -- the Dixon's, the Matt Thomas's, the Cook's, the Coley's, that are necessary to change this program around. Berrios and Langham are cute, but Dixon was the guy we invested the most time into, and we missed. The Grace kid at LB is good, but he's not Matt Thomas, a guy who can change a defense potentially. Yearby is a nice back, but there are significant questions about his ability to survive with his frame, whereas Cook and Sony are the complete package.

The "realists" don't fail to see that we have a great class. We just know that because our coach isn 't a great Xs and Os guy, we can't afford to miss the top local recruits at the rate we have been.

MBecks,

COME ON DUDE. Really? You and I have been around these boards a long time. Slaps gave you the Oscar the Grouch avatar on freaking Grassy because you were gloom and doom all the time, and it hasnt changed much. You are honestly going to say you arent skewed to the negative side? LOL

And no one has argued that Golden is an X and O savant. Butch wasnt either. But this "missing the local recruits at the rate we have", is B.S. What rate? AJL was one of the top rated WRs in Florida. We signed him, the kid couldnt qual. Stacey Coley was THE TOP WR in Florida last year. We signed him. Trevonte Valentine and Moten are the TWO best DTs in South Florida and Florida itself, we got them. Chad Thomas is the top DE in Florida, we got him. Trent Harris is one of the top DEs in the nation and Florida, we got him too. Gray is one of the best athletes in all of Florida, and we got him, but the kid will probably not be able to qual. We got almost every top OL in Florida this year, such that most national recruiting experts have said they wouldnt trade our OL class for ANYONEs. And they are Florida and SoFla kids. Joe Yearby is a 5 star rated RB in our back yard, and we got him. Yes, he plays with another super stud, and some believe Cook has more upside, well sh*t, we cant get them all. Unfortunately, for WHATEVER reason, Cook as seemed like he has been intersted in getting out of town since day one. Kid has been committed to Clemson and UF, and now probably leaning to FSU. Id say thats a pretty good indicator that he wants to get out of town. We are in the thick of it for JC Jackson who many feel is the top DB in Florida right now. And lets not even talk about some of the national studs like Kaaya, Hester, Barrios and others.

I mean how can you seriously sit here and say we are bleeing out all this local talent??? Weve gotten top South Florida players at almost EVERY position on this team, and DOMINATED at our positions of need. Smith is highly regarded at LB, and is from our backyard. Other teams were hot after him. SO is Owens, who had a list of top offers a mile long. Powell is considered one of the best all purpose backs in the nation.

No, we arent going to get EVERY kid, but we never have. ****, this may be the BEST haul from South Florida we have EVER had, with the exception of Randy's MNW haul, which didnt turn out all that great. I just cannot believe people are nit picking this class.

Oh, Map's posting frequency isnt relevant? I see, so he hasnt fully "made the transition from Canestime, he just made the half where all he does is pop up to criticize sh*t? And its not like this hasnt been his MO on Canestime too. The guy is gloom and doom 23 hours a day. For every 1 positive thing he has to say, there are 100 negative. Again, that's fine, but lets not pretend he's being balanced and fair. Map has been around a long time, so it doesnt escape my attention that his posting frequency SKYROCKETS when things are going badly. If are going to dispute that, well, I really have nothing else to say then.

So what if he's negative? He rarely posts anymore. I can't recall him posting up a storm in the wake of the Duke game, when **** was ripe for negativity if there ever was a time. He posts after highly thought of prospect leaves the state and he's "crawling out of his cave".

No one said you have to like Cenenord, but here agian, people popping out of the woodwork who havent had a positive thing to say all year, to proclaim this kid a JAG and how this is evidence that our staff cant recruit DTs.

NorthFlaCane has been one of the more positive people around here. He and I recently had it out over at the wEz. He questioned the offer and was instantly attacked. The nerve of him.

And how the F*CK do you know who the staff had at the top of their board? Langham, Brady AND Barrios were all offered before their Senior seasons, so the implication that somehow these are "lower" guys is BULLSH*T. YOu have NO idea what the staff feels about those guys. Instead, you look at Dixon with a bunch of stars by his name, and ASSUME, like most, that he must be our end all be all #1 target. And he well might be, but its now become GOSPEL around here, that Dixon was the Staff's Dream recruit and we totally sh*t the bed in losing him.

Maybe you're right. I'm sure all the time spent recruiting him was just for ***** and giggles. It had nothing to do with the fact they thought he was any good. Bringing up me not knowing beyond a shadow of doubt what the coaches board for WR's looks like is more nonsense by you. I'm sure they invited him to all those camps, junior days, that invite-only BBQ thing last August, unofficial visits to practices & games, and an official visit because they were bored.

And "No one has said that"? REALLY? Do you want me to start posting for you some of the gems that have been posted on this board in the last few days? "Golden cant land ONE kid when he is head to head against the top programs". That was just posted here this afternoon, but its "nonsense" for me to call it out? Really? We havent had page after page and thread after threat with people ****ing and moaning about what a fool Golden is for not offering Treon Harris as a QB? Despite having an Elite 11, and the TOP QB in Southern Cal committed?

No one said Eduourd was better. No one scoffed at Kaaya's talent. Anyone clamoring for Treon Harris over Kaaya is a moronic dip****, so if you can dig up those posts, I'd appreciate it so I can put them on ignore. **** Treon Harris.

Again, you can defend that sh8t all you want. Fine. Like you said, its a message board, people can say what they want, but Im **** well going to call it bullsh*t when I see it. This staff has been working its @SS off, and has put together a top 5 class nationally, while going head to head against the likes of Bama, FSU, and all the top programs, while coming off a decade of mediocrity and back to back years of not even going to a bowl. And yet day in and day out, we have guys in here p*ssing and moaning about some kid who didnt come here. Guys disparaging this class because some kid that some website gave a bunch of stars to went to another school, despite the fact that we have 3 f*cking WRs already committed, and then saying we arent "addressing our depth issues" at that position? LMFAO. Is this real life dude?
Mbecks and anyone else pointing out the fact that Watkins, Greene, Benjamin, Cooper, Dixon, Lane, and Rudolph going elsewhere being a problem isn't bullsh*t. We saw the difference a talent like Coley brought to our WR group in just 1 year. He made an immediate impact on our offense. It shouldn't be considered unreasonable to want to stockpile talent like that when it's right under your nose. Are we going to have depth issues because of it? No, that's stretching it. But we need to start expecting to win these recruiting battles more often than not.

Advertisement
Back