Snap Counts (yes they're not great)

what's up with tae? he didnt see many snaps at all. he looked good in limited play last year.
Screen_Shot_2022_10_09_at_9.20.30_AM.png

You guys want more of this chit? 15 broke his **** square button just diving around like a dummy. Learned that slip n' slide move from Manny

Advertisement
I want to know why they hate Avantae, The excuse to not play him was he missed a tackle in against Bethune and they said they cant have mistakes on field.. But then guys blow coverages or miss tackles in ACC games but they never come off the field. I know @k9cane has always cited a miss tackle but do blown coverages not matter? I seen gusy miss tackles but still play, I seen HUGE blown cover 2 coverage bust but its excused. Its no reason why we still suck its selected accountability.. We actually had guys in game thread tryna blame avantae, and he wasnt even on field.. Lmaooo

I saw Stevenson, Avantae and Gattis blamed for this play.. Lol

Tyrique shouldn't have released coverage, but I don't have a clue what Kitchens was doing there. Was he coming up thinking it was going to the back? You can slightly excuse Tyrique there, but there's no excuse for what Kitchens did.

Want it more 50/50. Mallory obviously played pretty well but Skinner is way better after the catch. I'd actually like to see some 2 TE sets.
Gotcha. Yeah was genuinely asking because I miss a lot on the first watch of these games

Mostly because I can’t even look at the ****** TV most of the time

So wasn’t sure if you were seeing anything specifically

Portal - Caleb Johnson and Porter transfer from other P5 programs they started at to now ride the bench / play half the snaps at most. Not sure what to make of that. Almost feel bad in a way for them (obviously they have to earn playin time). Hopefully this doesnt impact portal crooting going forward

WR - Think Brinson is officially a bust and will portal out. Another south florida 4 star WR JAG, ugh.. Time for Colbie to take half of Reddings snaps

Advertisement
Most talented in whose eyes? Yours? Are you involved in Practice? Or are you going by the stars system?

SMH. You think the staff WANTS to lose? You think they purposely play less talented guys?

Maybe the ones you want to see should work their butts off In Practice and show they HAVE to play

Wouldn’t this apply to ALL coaching staffs?

Tyrique shouldn't have released coverage, but I don't have a clue what Kitchens was doing there. Was he coming up thinking it was going to the back? You can slightly excuse Tyrique there, but there's no excuse for what Kitchens did.
think he just got caught following qbs eyes, which were on the te. started to come up before pass was thrown cause it was 3rd and short and got burnt. actually really nice play design by unc. qb can look at the te-88 while still having his eyes on the deep shot to the wr.

Here are the snap counts from the game. Probably better than the last staph but still not great. They refuse to play the most talented players, yet again they're making everything harder than it needs to be. Let's be real, football isn't complicated, a lot of coaches are morons. Unfortunately, ours are average at best.

I bolded the worst ones imo. Caleb Johnson is the best linebacker and they refuse to play him, Key gets a TD and then gets pulled (not sure if he's hurt?). Anez Cooper was killing people the first few games but they roll out 70 who ******* sucks. Again, better than last year but still not great imo.

OFFENSE

NoQUARTERBACKS (1)YrSnaps
9Tyler Van Dyke3-So84
RUNNING BACKS (4)
21Henry Parrish3-So61
4Jaylan Knighton3-So14
22Thad Franklin2-So6
24Lucious Stanley6-Sr3
WIDE RECEIVERS (6)
12Brashard Smith2-So74
8Frank Ladson4-Jr69
83Michael Redding III3-Fr51
5Key'Shawn Smith3-So26
88Colbie Young2-So14
0Romello Brinson2-So1
TIGHT ENDS (4)
85Will Mallory5-Sr67
23Jaleel Skinner1-Fr23
86Dominic Mammarelli3-Fr4
18Kahlil Brantley2-Fr4
OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (9)
74John Campbell, LT5-Jr84
64Jalen Rivers, LG3-Fr84
51DJ Scaife, RT5-Sr84
56Jonathan Denis, C3-Fr60
77Logan Sagapolu, RG3-Fr59
70Justice Oluwaseun, RG*6-Sr25????
53Jakai Clark, C*4-Jr24
66Ousman Traore, OG2
55Anez Cooper, OT1-Fr1

DEFENSE

NoDEFENSIVE TACKLES (6) YrSnaps
6Darrell Jackson2-So32
56Leonard Taylor2-So28
81Jared Harrison-Hunte4-So26
55Jake Lichtenstein6-Sr19
91Jordan Miller5-Jr16
44Antonio Moultrie6-Sr13
DEFENSIVE ENDS (5)
90Akheem Mesidor3-So49
12Jahfari Harvey4-So43
45Mitchell Agude3-So40
32Nyjalik Kelly1-Fr15
99Elijah Roberts3-So6
LINEBACKERS (5)
11Corey Flagg3-So63
4Keontra Smith4-Jr41
31Wesley Bissainthe1-Fr13
17Waynmon Steed6-Sr11
40Caleb Johnson6-Sr8
CORNERBACKS (4)
8DJ Ivey5-Sr69
23Te'Cory Couch4-Jr67
2Tyrique Stevenson*4-Jr35
5Darryl Porter3-So32
SAFETIES (5)
24Kamren Kinchens2-So67
0James Williams2-So70
3Gilbert Frierson5-Jr9
15Avantae Williams3-Fr6
7Al Blades Jr.5-Jr3
It's beside the point, but when I looked at your chart, I realized again we're pretty dang young.

Advertisement
May not like it but the Locksmith and Flagg made plays like it. Wes will get his and I’m sure will play more and more but there wasn’t a huge need from the bit I saw to bring those two out.

Dunno about that because I have no idea who signaled what to whom.

Kam is playing 1/4 and eyes are on #2 the winged TE.
Stevenson is playing C2 and he doesn't even derail the WR with his weak *** "jam"

This happened a ton under Manny, guys weren't getting signals or had signals mixed up
Agree that Stevenson could definitely jam better but disagree with the coverage part.

In cover 2 zone which they were playing, the safety takes the over the top coverage while the CB sits in the zone to cover the flat or curl (where Stevenson paused to sit on the route).

Advertisement
Dunno about that because I have no idea who signaled what to whom.

Kam is playing 1/4 and eyes are on #2 the winged TE.
Stevenson is playing C2 and he doesn't even derail the WR with his weak *** "jam"

This happened a ton under Manny, guys weren't getting signals or had signals mixed up
Looks like cov6(could be straight cov2 but ivey goes vertical with the one so it can be 6) at the top, maybe kam thought he had quarters on his side but he was on the cov2 side so he’s in the wrong here no matter if rique jams or not he’s supposed to be over top. Miscommunications lead to big plays unfortunately

Portal - Caleb Johnson and Porter transfer from other P5 programs they started at to now ride the bench / play half the snaps at most. Not sure what to make of that. Almost feel bad in a way for them (obviously they have to earn playin time). Hopefully this doesnt impact portal crooting going forward

WR - Think Brinson is officially a bust and will portal out. Another south florida 4 star WR JAG, ugh.. Time for Colbie to take half of Reddings snaps
Brinson was never good. Had one cool catch against a D12 team last year

A few of the personnel decisions are also being driven by some off the field stuff with a few players. As Mario tries to install a certain culture and level of accountability, he doesn’t want to reward certain behavior with more PT. That sets a poor example for the rest of the team.

Problem with that game is that we don’t have the depth to do it without taking a hit on the field. All part of the growing pains of a new regime, culture and player expectations.

Advertisement
Maybe someday the fans will realize that a guy might have all the talent in the world, but if he doesn’t know his assignments and doesn’t completely buy into the system he’s not going to play no matter what his recruiting ranking was

Agree that Stevenson could definitely jam better but disagree with the coverage part.

In cover 2 zone which they were playing, the safety takes the over the top coverage while the CB sits in the zone to cover the flat or curl (where Stevenson paused to sit on the route).
How do you know they weren’t in quarters and Kinchens was right?

Looks like cov6(could be straight cov2 but ivey goes vertical with the one so it can be 6) at the top, maybe kam thought he had quarters on his side but he was on the cov2 side so he’s in the wrong here no matter if rique jams or not he’s supposed to be over top. Miscommunications lead to big plays unfortunately
And maybe someone ***t the signal. That’s my thing. Back end calls been an issue at Miami for years

Here are the snap counts from the game. Probably better than the last staph but still not great. They refuse to play the most talented players, yet again they're making everything harder than it needs to be. Let's be real, football isn't complicated, a lot of coaches are morons. Unfortunately, ours are average at best.

I bolded the worst ones imo. Caleb Johnson is the best linebacker and they refuse to play him, Key gets a TD and then gets pulled (not sure if he's hurt?). Anez Cooper was killing people the first few games but they roll out 70 who ******* sucks. Again, better than last year but still not great imo.

OFFENSE

NoQUARTERBACKS (1)YrSnaps
9Tyler Van Dyke3-So84
RUNNING BACKS (4)
21Henry Parrish3-So61
4Jaylan Knighton3-So14
22Thad Franklin2-So6
24Lucious Stanley6-Sr3
WIDE RECEIVERS (6)
12Brashard Smith2-So74
8Frank Ladson4-Jr69
83Michael Redding III3-Fr51
5Key'Shawn Smith3-So26
88Colbie Young2-So14
0Romello Brinson2-So1
TIGHT ENDS (4)
85Will Mallory5-Sr67
23Jaleel Skinner1-Fr23
86Dominic Mammarelli3-Fr4
18Kahlil Brantley2-Fr4
OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (9)
74John Campbell, LT5-Jr84
64Jalen Rivers, LG3-Fr84
51DJ Scaife, RT5-Sr84
56Jonathan Denis, C3-Fr60
77Logan Sagapolu, RG3-Fr59
70Justice Oluwaseun, RG*6-Sr25????
53Jakai Clark, C*4-Jr24
66Ousman Traore, OG2
55Anez Cooper, OT1-Fr1

DEFENSE

NoDEFENSIVE TACKLES (6) YrSnaps
6Darrell Jackson2-So32
56Leonard Taylor2-So28
81Jared Harrison-Hunte4-So26
55Jake Lichtenstein6-Sr19
91Jordan Miller5-Jr16
44Antonio Moultrie6-Sr13
DEFENSIVE ENDS (5)
90Akheem Mesidor3-So49
12Jahfari Harvey4-So43
45Mitchell Agude3-So40
32Nyjalik Kelly1-Fr15
99Elijah Roberts3-So6
LINEBACKERS (5)
11Corey Flagg3-So63
4Keontra Smith4-Jr41
31Wesley Bissainthe1-Fr13
17Waynmon Steed6-Sr11
40Caleb Johnson6-Sr8
CORNERBACKS (4)
8DJ Ivey5-Sr69
23Te'Cory Couch4-Jr67
2Tyrique Stevenson*4-Jr35
5Darryl Porter3-So32
SAFETIES (5)
24Kamren Kinchens2-So67
0James Williams2-So70
3Gilbert Frierson5-Jr9
15Avantae Williams3-Fr6
7Al Blades Jr.5-Jr3
Really wish Nyjalik Kelly would get more snaps. Unleash that kid and let him chase down the QB.

Advertisement
Back