Sit Morris

He is not and should not be benched. However, this opinion is not endorsement of his performance. I say this because this is best course of action to take under the current circumstances. For many reasons.

The coaches are trying hard to help him manage games which he has done (barely). But he is not going to wow you with his spectacular plays and the team on his shoulder to win games for you. I guess you can say he is serviceable at this time. It's hard to expect him to win against great teams though with this kind of average performance.

Advertisement
Morris will be our highest drafted QB since Walsh in 1988. The team is having its best season in at least a decade. But he sucks. I know how this fanbase treats quarterbacks, so I'm not surprised. But it's disappointing.

Another meaningless metric. Ken Dorsey was a 7th round pick.

If Morris is drafted is will be because of measurables not performance.

I don't think Morris was great today, but he protected the ball and avoided sudden change situations. He has a long way to go, but he's the best we've got. The guy on the sideline sending plays in is there for a reason.

Ok, as hard as Ive been on Morris, people want Ryan Williams first start to come at Doak vs a very good FSU club?

Advertisement
Stephen Morris played a very good game today

but yeah sit him against FSU that sounds right lol

you can't possibly be serious.

0 interceptions 17/28 completions..... he hit the TE like you all *****ed about, Clive and Asante, he hit the middle of the field multiple times like you all *****ed about.

the most important thing to me is that he didnt turn the ball over at all, so whats the problem?

Morris is holding the offense back. He can only throw deep and to the side lines. If he throws in the middle of the field it will be picked off. He is a huge liability.

Advertisement

0 interceptions 17/28 completions..... he hit the TE like you all ****ed about, Clive and Asante, he hit the middle of the field multiple times like you all ****ed about.

the most important thing to me is that he didnt turn the ball over at all, so whats the problem?

so that's what your metric has come to now? last week it was "he played great because he didn't overthrow his receivers on one drive" and now it's "he played great because he didn't turn it over." that's his JOB. that's what he's supposed to do. he's been doing this for 4 years and he's gotten so inconsistent that we took the ball out of his hands 2 weeks in a row on game-winning drives.

0 interceptions 17/28 completions..... he hit the TE like you all ****ed about, Clive and Asante, he hit the middle of the field multiple times like you all ****ed about.

The only thing ill credit him with is not turning the ball over, that is a positive. Citing his numbers doesn't mean it's a good game. He missed numerous opportunities with errant throws. Many of them being drive stoppers. While one incompletion doesn't do much for stats, one incompletion on a drive extending play speaks more volumes than what it gets chalked up to in the box score. And there were at least 3-4 throws that should have been completed but weren't because of a lack of poise in the pocket, not reading blitzes or because of poor mechanics that should have extended drives but ended up with a punt. Stats are decieving sometimes.

Last edited:
please, waters and coley know they cant even do their thing because of morris. he sucks. lets end this. Jacory had a much better senior year. coley and walford both made amazing catches and asante had a diving catch. aside from a few short passes, this kid is horrible. bad footwork and as i have said for a long time, he just isnt that bright. like he has add unless its clutch time. i will give him that, he doesnt mess up in clutch.

Advertisement

so that's what your metric has come to now? last week it was "he played great because he didn't overthrow his receivers on one drive" and now it's "he played great because he didn't turn it over." that's his JOB. that's what he's supposed to do. he's been doing this for 4 years and he's gotten so inconsistent that we took the ball out of his hands 2 weeks in a row on game-winning drives.

lol look at how the narrative has changed w/ yall, it's embarrassing b/c you think you slick.

Now it's Coley "took the ball out of Morris's hands 2 weeks in a row" but if James Coley didnt stick to the run game that was obviously gashing the defense for 2 weeks in a row, then you all would be talking about Fire Coley b/c all he wants to do is throw the ball like Fisch and doesnt know how to call a balanced offense.

smh what is going on in here.... the final drive of the UNC game Stephen Morris made a couple of clutch passes to keep the chains moving, but Dallas Crawford was going ham b/c the defense was playing off. This week Duke Johnson was going off in the 4th but you all want Morris to throw it now???? lol wow.

Double Edge Sword

Can't believe how pussified this fanbase has become?...

Straighten the **** up!!

The kid isn't playing the way that NONE of Cane nation would like but he's STILL 7-0.. not because of his play but partly because of his strengths as a leader

We heading into our biggest rivals week. They'll probably be heavily favored and we don't need to be playing musical QBs..

I don't care what this cat's stats are like in the end except for one... and that's in the W/L column..

This team is Learning to Win again Like Canes do.... something that was sorely lacking in the past 10 years... and this kid is a part of it. And he's playing hurt to boot.

What ever happens happens. But thats my Qb and I'm riding with him...deficiencies and all

**** FSU and VT

JC

Last edited:
Advertisement
Zone is he Dan Marino? I don't remember coaches giving the to their RBs in clutch for Marino.

lol oh ok did Dan Marino win a Super Bowl..... NO so apparently he wasnt perfect either.

How many clutch last minute drives has Stephen Morris lead for Miami in his not quite 2 year career as a starter?...... more then most QBs in CFB.

If Duke Johnson is gashing the defense then why go away from him when he is the impact player on this offense?

It seemed to be that the play calling was ultra conservative. Not that I think it's a bad thing but our execution stunk. I'm sure the coaches felt we could play conservative as **** on offense, not turn it over, and we would win. Almost didn't work but we pulled it off.

I think we see big changes next week. I have no idea how it will result, but I don't expect us to play the majority of the game in a box the way we did today.

This is not a legit argument. In both cases, we have the ball back with 4 mins left with a chance to score a TD to win. In both cases, we moved the chains on the ground. In both cases, we left the opponent with very little time to work with after we score to take the lead. In that situation, we played it exactly right. Get your TD, burn the clock, leave as little time as possible for the other team. It wasn't a matter of taking the ball out of his hands. The situation called for exactly what we were able to do.

Advertisement
Back