Sit Morris

Advertisement

because coach Coley refuses to put him under center. Maybe if we start Ryan Williams we can convince coach Coley to realize that UM currently has a dominant offensive roster to run a pro set offense. Coach Coley's insistance on running a shotgun spread offense are going to cost us games down the stretch. Remember, none of these games mean anything towards winning the coastal. Nor will the FSU game, but every game after that does.

Just an FYI SFbay.....all ACC games count against our conference record, not just those in our division. This loss would have made it impossible for us to win the Coastal (unless we beat FSU). VT prob. won't lose another conference game (don't play Clemson or FSU). That would leave us with Two conference losses and VT with one, which would prevent us from the conf. champ. game even with beating VT head to head.

Coach Coley had to draw up plays for him with two options to throw too. two options

Morris is a Senior. Meaning he has been here for four years 4 years. 1, 2, 3, 4

Makes sense. Bench the guy who is sitting on a 7 - 0 record the week of our biggest game against our biggest rival for the backup who has only seen scrub time against scrub opponents. Makes sense.

Nobody is confusing Morris for Peyton Manning. Nobody has been more critical than I of his poor decision-making and horrible mechanics. But what exactly has Williams shown in his limited action to make anyone think he is ready? Especially against Florida St. ? Because whatever it is, it obviously has shown up on Greentree and Coley doesn't see it.

Williams has looked pretty good in his limited action. At least he doesn't bail on the pocket for no reason whatsoever, and occasionally throws the ball over the middle.

Advertisement
Completed 60 percent of his passes, got sacked once, no turnovers.

Bench him.

All that really tells us is how useful statistics are. Morris stunk up the joint today.

He killed several drives with terrible passes, didn't read blitzes, oblivious to obvious blitzes, and panicked, throwing off his backfoot on several blitzes. He rarely went to a second or third read, which was usually open, particularly on the drive with the Coley 44 yard pass. Other than that, he had a great game.

Unrelated but watching Logan Thomas makes me feel better about Morris... Now that dude is truly awful!!!!

Advertisement
I was there. Someone tell me all the throws he missed.

This the same fanbase that thought we'd be better without Dorsey, so I shouldn't be surprised. Just disappointed.

Completed 60 percent of his passes, got sacked once, no turnovers.

Bench him.

Sure didn't look that good though!
If that is our best passing offense we are in big trouble.

GO CANES!!!!! BEAT THE noles!!!

This the same fanbase that thought we'd be better without Dorsey, so I shouldn't be surprised. Just disappointed.

One was the 20 yard out route to Coley that was caught out of bounds. Another was Waters open in the endzone, the throw being closest to the safety, who had poor coverage on both Coley and Waters (really covering neither). Two in the dirt throws on 3rd down when he panicked and threw off his back feet because some ******* safety blitzed. He felt a phantom blitz on one play, tried to scramble outside of the well-blocked DE (like last week), wound up throwing it out of bounds to his credit, but looking to his left he had someone open.

Even the throw to Walford was a miraculous catch. His only two great plays were the one dropped Walford pass and the Waters catch.

I mean, either we're all wrong, as is James Coley by taking the ball out of his hands essentially with the game on the line, or you didn't have a very good view of what was going on. One or the other.

Last edited:

We should be winning because of him...not despite him. The gameplan has had to be boneheaded down to the point of retarded. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to say. And yes he made NUMEROUS mis-reads and missed wide open WR's.

Advertisement

One was the 20 yard out route to Coley that was caught out of bounds. Another was Waters open in the endzone, the throw being closest to the safety, who had poor coverage on both Coley and Waters (really covering neither). Two in the dirt throws on 3rd down when he panicked and threw off his back feet because some ******* safety blitzed. He felt a phantom blitz on one play, tried to scramble outside of the well-blocked DE (like last week), wound up throwing it out of bounds to his credit, but looking to his left he had someone open.

Even the throw to Walford was a miraculous catch. His only two great plays were the one dropped Walford pass and the Waters catch.

I mean, either we're all wrong, as is James Coley by taking the ball out of his hands essentially with the game on the line, or you didn't have a very good view of what was going on. One or the other.

Don't forget Stacy COley bailed him out on his under thrown ball.

It's easy to sit here and say "we need to pound the rock.....why does Coley keep throwing it". He understands (as does Golden) we are going to need to throw the ball to beat the good teams. Some of those throws that Coley set up for Morris on 2nd and short were easy reads and throws. He still couldn't complete them. They're trying to get something going in the passing game and Morris is preventing them from getting it done. It's quite obvious.

I don't think we can bench him, but his performances have been poor. He gave us very little today, and Coley was clearly hesitant to use him late. Hard to see us winning the next two unless Morris steps his game up in a big way.

Advertisement
I Cant stand Coley's play calling, he's running duke into the ground and he refuses to use the middle of the field, also the slow developing plays **** me off

So tired of seeing his passes sail high and to the right. He's a one trick pony -- heave the ball down field and pray that our receiver outruns the secondary. With that said, there is a better chance of me banging Candice Swanepoel tonight than Golden benching Morris, which is to say, it's never going to happen.

That isn't fair, because the coaching staff has clearly lost faith in Morris and has reigned him in. So the throws he "missed" are throws that were never called or attempted. Because the coaches recognize he is a liability (at least at this time).

I Cant stand Coley's play calling, he's running duke into the ground and he refuses to use the middle of the field, also the slow developing plays **** me off

If you think that's a Coley thing, you need to wipe the **** out of your eyes.

Advertisement
Back