Sit Morris

I would have benched him after three picks, for that game...Ride or Die kid...WE have a Date With Destiny

Advertisement
Stephen Morris played a very good game today

but yeah sit him against FSU that sounds right lol

you can't possibly be serious.

0 interceptions 17/28 completions..... he hit the TE like you all ****ed about, Clive and Asante, he hit the middle of the field multiple times like you all ****ed about.

the most important thing to me is that he didnt turn the ball over at all, so whats the problem?

He played like he was choking on a bag of ****s most of the game. He has zero pocket presence and if his primary receiver isn't open, the play is dead. he is awful

Sounds like someone wasnt watching the game. Its the same story as last year, if you dont watch the games you miss how bad he really is. He consistently overthrows WR, abandons the pocket at any hint of pressure, and locks onto receivers.

He is bad, he plays like a freshman qb and hes not getting benched so we live and die with him unfortunately

Morris will be our highest drafted QB since Walsh in 1988. The team is having its best season in at least a decade. But he sucks. I know how this fanbase treats quarterbacks, so I'm not surprised. But it's disappointing.

I appreciate what you're doing, but your arguments are weak here. I don't think anyone cares that Morris will be drafted higher than Kyle Wright or Ryan Clement or any of the other floundering mopes who have stumbled through here the past 20 years. We care that he's flailing badly right now and has been for a few weeks, and if you didn't see it today, then we're all watching a different game than you are.

I don't think Morris sucks; I just think he's very average and not the kind of guy you can rely on. It's pretty clear that when the chips are down and the team absolutely needs to score the football, the coaches are taking it out of his hands.

I need to rewatch today's game sober, because obviously most saw this one different than I did. I saw a timid performance, not an atrocious one.

I will say this: the term "average quarterback" gets thrown around too much. Even after that debacle against UNC, Morris is still Top 25 in the nation in passing efficiency (he was Top 10 before that). He will be one of a few quarterbacks in the country that gets drafted. The objective evidence doesn't suggest he's average. There are a lot of quarterbacks in CFB, and very few are capable of doing the things Morris can do.

Still a lot of football left for him to write his legacy.

I think the word "atrocious" is a reach here. I saw an average and timid QB today, which is admittedly better than the sht pile I saw last Thursday. But all these stats you keep pulling out are meaningless. We were also the 17th ranked defense going into this game, but I think we can all admit that our defense isn't really that good right now. We're also near the top of the stat pile in sacks, but I don't think our pass rush is all that good.

Watch the game with your eyes and trust your eyes. Stay away from your pre-conceived feelings on Morris. I know you had some glowing things to say about him, and maybe you feel like you need to stick with that. If you set all that stuff aside and just watch him, then you'll see that he was weak today. You're not going to beat good teams with a QB like that.

Morris will be our highest drafted QB since Walsh in 1988. The team is having its best season in at least a decade. But he sucks. I know how this fanbase treats quarterbacks, so I'm not surprised. But it's disappointing.

It's pretty clear that when the chips are down and the team absolutely needs to score the football, the coaches are taking it out of his hands.

This is incorrect. There are plenty of things to say about Morris' performance, but this argument isn't one of them. With 4 mins left to score a TD to take the lead, as we've had each of the last 2 games, there's no reason to throw the ball if you're moving the chains on the ground. Morris completed a few very big passes in that drive against UNC, but it wasn't needed today (and he played a lot better today than he did against UNC). It has nothing to do with the coaches taking the ball out of his hands when we have to score. It's the coaches doing absolutely the right thing by moving the chains and burning clock.

You see it that way. I don't. As it turned out, the running game got it done. But it appears pretty obvious that there's a lack of trust in Morris. If he's a top dog you don't take it out of his hands the way we did.

Advertisement

It's pretty clear that when the chips are down and the team absolutely needs to score the football, the coaches are taking it out of his hands.

This is incorrect. There are plenty of things to say about Morris' performance, but this argument isn't one of them. With 4 mins left to score a TD to take the lead, as we've had each of the last 2 games, there's no reason to throw the ball if you're moving the chains on the ground. Morris completed a few very big passes in that drive against UNC, but it wasn't needed today (and he played a lot better today than he did against UNC). It has nothing to do with the coaches taking the ball out of his hands when we have to score. It's the coaches doing absolutely the right thing by moving the chains and burning clock.

You see it that way. I don't. As it turned out, the running game got it done. But it appears pretty obvious that there's a lack of trust in Morris. If he's a top dog you don't take it out of his hands the way we did.

Who said he's a top dog? He is what he is....a streaky QB with a gun, who is prone to make mistakes, but also perfectly capable of making good throws and decisions. The coaches played it exactly right. Move the chains, burn clock, score a TD, win. I don't care if you have Brady or Manning back there. If you can move the chains on the ground and leave the other team in desperation mode at the end, you do it.

Who said he's a top dog? He is what he is....a streaky QB with a gun, who is prone to make mistakes, but also perfectly capable of making good throws and decisions. The coaches played it exactly right. Move the chains, burn clock, score a TD, win. I don't care if you have Brady or Manning back there. If you can move the chains on the ground and leave the other team in desperation mode at the end, you do it.

He's an interception waiting to happen, which is why they leaned almost exclusively on the run game the last two games on the final drives. Listen, we'll keep going in circles here because neither of us will convince the other of his opinion. I think they've lost trust in Morris; you don't. It's OK that we disagree.

He's an interception waiting to happen, which is why they leaned almost exclusively on the run game the last two games on the final drives. Listen, we'll keep going in circles here because neither of us will convince the other of his opinion. I think they've lost trust in Morris; you don't. It's OK that we disagree.

It's not a matter of trust. It's situational. If we get the ball back with <2 minutes left instead of 4, totally different strategy. You can't pound the ball down the field at that point. You HAVE to put it in Morris' hands in that case, whether you trust him or not. I never said anyone trusts Morris, and I have no clue if they do or don't. It's an irrelevant argument anyway, because the situation dictates the approach.

What has Ryan Williams ever done to make you guys think that he would be any better???? Not defending Morris but it would be foolish to sit our QB who has led us to a 7-0 record for a guy that has done NOTHING.

Well he completed 80 percent of his passes vs savannah state, oh wait

Advertisement
I think people are stretching way too far on this trust issue based on us running the clock out. Running the clock out is situational no matter who your qb is. If you got Peyton Manning and 5 min on the clock going for the go ahead TD and you are moving the ball well with the run game, would you run the ball and score the go ahead TD with 1 minute left on the clock, or would you let Peyton chuck the ball down field for the quick 2 minute score and leave 3 minutes on the clock?

Take Morris out of this equation and answer that objectively. Its fine if you think the coaches lost trust in him based on reduced passing attempts throughout the game or something, but using something that's situational for any qb poor reasoning.

I'll also point out, his passing attempts for this game are on pace with his season average, if not higher. Doesn't sound like a qb who the coaches have lost faith in.

whats alarming to me, regardless of any stats, is that on the telecast they talked about James Coley simplifying the passing game.

To me, with a senior QB, that's an indictment of that signal caller

No matter how simple they make things he still underutilizes his TE and checkdowns. But it's clear that they are all in with him. If they have only brought in Williams when Morris can't go, they're not going to start mixing him in now.

whats alarming to me, regardless of any stats, is that on the telecast they talked about James Coley simplifying the passing game.

To me, with a senior QB, that's an indictment of that signal caller
I don't believe anything those idiot announcers say. Even if Coley was going to do that I don't think he tells the media and especially those two clowns.

Advertisement
Completed 60 percent of his passes, got sacked once, no turnovers.

Bench him.

We played Wake Forest and NC the last two weeks and he threw 4 interceptions against 1 team that actually had decent athletes on the other side of the ball. I could probably keep the ball safe against WF.

FSU is a different animal. The closing speed and Defensive pash rush is going to be an issue if we play like we have the last 2 weeks.

Morris needs to get his **** together and start setting his feet and squaring his body up. He's not Favre!!!

Completed 60 percent of his passes, got sacked once, no turnovers.

Bench him.

We played Wake Forest and NC the last two weeks and he threw 4 interceptions against 1 team that actually had decent athletes on the other side of the ball. I could probably keep the ball safe against WF.

FSU is a different animal. The closing speed and Defensive pash rush is going to be an issue if we play like we have the last 2 weeks.

Morris needs to get his **** together and start setting his feet and squaring his body up. He's not Favre!!!

FSU pass rush is nothing like it use to be..if you really watch the games now they bring their LB's to blitz these days so someone will be open if Morris is focused...

So i'm watching the replay and i still dont see how Stephen Morris had anything to do w/ the WF game being so close.....

on the drive where Dallas Crawford didnt convert on that 4th and 1, 2 plays before that, Clive Walford dropped a perfect screen pass, wide open, that would've went for a 1st down.

So thats 1 of the 11 incomplete passes. So from the 10 thats left, there were a couple of times where he did the smart decision and threw the ball away b/c of pressure.

Now we are all just talking about maybe 8 passes out of the 28 that he missed.

if you think the WF game was on him then you dont know whats going on...... the defense failing to get off on 3rd downs and failing to make adjustments to stop the Wide OL splits, are the reason that game was so close.

Besides the missed FG and the failed 4th and 1 conversion that also werent on Stephen Morris.

If the offense had more opportunities Stephen Morris couldve put up more points.

Last edited:
Advertisement
the running game has won us the last 2 games but if we had turned to the pass knowing that the running game was doing well the last 2 weeks, everyone would kill the coaches here. if ur running it down their throats and they can't stop it, u keep running. it burned a ton of time of the clock on the final drives the last 2 weeks and we kept it simple. we have a big OL and u run the **** ball when u get the push we've been getting. the running game will be key no matter who the qb is next week bc we have to limit the amount of opportunities FSU gets on offense. last year, we would get annoyed when we wouldn't run the ball enough and now were criticizing the fact that running the ball has won us games?

Advertisement
Back