Sit Morris

Stephen Morris played a very good game today

but yeah sit him against FSU that sounds right lol

you can't possibly be serious.

0 interceptions 17/28 completions..... he hit the TE like you all ****ed about, Clive and Asante, he hit the middle of the field multiple times like you all ****ed about.

the most important thing to me is that he didnt turn the ball over at all, so whats the problem?

He played like he was choking on a bag of ****s most of the game. He has zero pocket presence and if his primary receiver isn't open, the play is dead. he is awful

Advertisement
He has certainly looked bad. BUT remember, he took us on log game winning drive last week on the road and TWO game winning drives this week. Give me a game winning drive for a 50 yard field goal next week in Tally and I don't care how bad he looks. Beat the Noles, win the Florida State Championship, and go 8 -0 and he can throw 6 picks for all I care. It is really hard to bench a friggin undefeated QB. Easy to write about it, but hard as **** to tell the team about it. Football is more about the Jimmies and the Joes than it is the X's and O's, BUT it is ALL about the W's and L's-- right now, Steve Morris has 7 W's and NO L's. You dance with who brought U.

He has certainly looked bad. BUT remember, he took us on log game winning drive last week on the road and TWO game winning drives this week. Give me a game winning drive for a 50 yard field goal next week in Tally and I don't care how bad he looks. Beat the Noles, win the Florida State Championship, and go 8 -0 and he can throw 6 picks for all I care. It is really hard to bench a friggin undefeated QB. Easy to write about it, but hard as **** to tell the team about it. Football is more about the Jimmies and the Joes than it is the X's and O's, BUT it is ALL about the W's and L's-- right now, Steve Morris has 7 W's and NO L's. You dance with who brought U.

I'm dancing with Pat O'Donnell then

0 interceptions 17/28 completions..... he hit the TE like you all ****ed about, Clive and Asante, he hit the middle of the field multiple times like you all ****ed about.

the most important thing to me is that he didnt turn the ball over at all, so whats the problem?

He played like he was choking on a bag of ****s most of the game. He has zero pocket presence and if his primary receiver isn't open, the play is dead. he is awful

Where is the proof of these made up accusations?

Not only did he miss at least 5-7 throws that were just **** poor, including terrible footwork and not stepping into his throws, but he also missed so many reads.

You can yell about his draft status, but he's just not a good QB. He's average, at best.

But if you have to ask what throws he's missed, then clearly your hand is in the sand and you won't acknowledge it. No matter what.

Advertisement

Where is the proof of these made up accusations?

where's your proof that he's anything more than our version of chris rix?

Not only did he miss at least 5-7 throws that were just **** poor, including terrible footwork and not stepping into his throws, but he also missed so many reads.

You can yell about his draft status, but he's just not a good QB. He's average, at best.

But if you have to ask what throws he's missed, then clearly your hand is in the sand and you won't acknowledge it. No matter what.

we all know he missed throws.... name a QB that doesnt miss throws.

You all keep chirping about mechanics and foot work so much i'd think that you all were QB coaches. lol

His ankle is always going to be an issue for him for the remainder of his career, he made 17 passes out of 28. 11 misses. How many of those 17 passes were good throws, good mechanics, good footwork, check downs, nice reads, TEs, over the middle.... all of the above?

we're obviously at an impasse on discussion at this point so i'll stop. we got the w and morris is what he is regardless of how we interpret his performances. and now watching this vt duke game, i can't really complain about morris after watching thomas.

we all know he missed throws.... name a QB that doesnt miss throws.

You all keep chirping about mechanics and foot work so much i'd think that you all were QB coaches. lol

His ankle is always going to be an issue for him for the remainder of his career, he made 17 passes out of 28. 11 misses. How many of those 17 passes were good throws, good mechanics, good footwork, check downs, nice reads, TEs, over the middle.... all of the above?

No one is saying QBs don't miss throws, but you keep straw-manning the argument.

Do you want to go through the reads he missed, because if you want to be fair go through those as well. Did you see the one hander by Walford over the middle? That was a pretty bad throw. He also threw it behind a few receivers on completions, negating their ability to run with it.

He's an average QB. Nothing more, nothing less. He won't be anything special on this level or the next.

Advertisement
Those last few drives tell me everything I need to know about the staff's confidence in Morris.

Duke breaks a long run, nearly goes the distance, but the DB holds onto his leg. Duke limps back to the huddle. Coley calls another run to Duke.

Duke dives for a first down in the redzone. Comes up clutching his side. Coley calls another run to Duke.

They have ZERO confidence in Morris. I don't buy all the "You don't sit your Cpt who has led you to a 7-0 record". We're there despite his play! His teammates might publicly and vocally rally around him, but you know they're all thinking "****, if only we had a QB who could get the ball to all these playmakers we have on O without giving the D an equal shot at the ball".

I don't think Golden sits Morris - he's just not that type of HC unfortunately.

rather see gunslinger stemo than what we saw today.. he was essentially on auto check down mode today.. we're not going to beat fsu if we're playing to not make mistakes... play to win, and let the chips fall where they may

Advertisement
He did what they asked I thought. They've redefined the offense away from explosion and into ball control and safety. Williams could probably execute that but he'd have a tougher time using the whole field due to arm strength and they'll probably want more mobility moving the pocket in the next 2 weeks at least. We obviously miss Dorsett and a nicked-up Hurns will hurt us as well. The explosion is definitely gone right now.

The backup QB is always the most popular guy on the team but backups are generally backups for a reason. The coaches haven't really shown any hesitancy with Morris and Williams seems like an afterthought if you're talking about playing a competitive game. Whether people like Morris or not, he's a fixture unless he pulls about 2 more UNC's IMO. We'd have to lose a game (**** probably more than one) that we should win, not FSU or VT.

Advertisement
He does suck. Leaves plays all over the field. Other than throwing a good deep ball he is not a good QB. But, you can't bench him going into FSU.

We won thanks to duke. SM has not won us one game this season

He sucked balls this season but done enough not to shoot us in the foot to bad ala Thomas at tv but still it hadn't been what I'd expect from a senior QB and anyone who says he's lived up to any hype this season or played beyond mediocre is blind as it's been a horrible season fot him injury or not

Morris is our best chance at winning any game we play. This thread is ridiculous! Morris had been off the last few weeks but let's not get carried away...

Advertisement
Back