SIAP JESS SIMPSON EXPECTED TO BE MIAMI'S NEW DL COACH

Man, no disrespect to the guy who could be great, but this is big time questionable hire. I hope it works out for him for obvious reasons. If this was the hire at FSU, UF etc this thread would have a very different tune to it.

Advertisement
Some of you muthaf'uckers would complain about f'ucking Halle Berry because her left pinky toe is curly.

Advertisement
100% false. You guys that are constantly hating on Manny & try to push all blame on him for everything are seriously some clowns.

If you wanna be mad at Diaz for some failures on Defense by all means do that, but when you talk about hiring coaches the buck starts & stops with Richt on both sides of the ball. Even the Banda & Patke hires, doesn't matter how much Diaz can bang on a table for a guy, if Richt don't want'em he not coaching here.

Richt runs this show, he doesn't answer to anybody especially when it comes to hiring coaches.

No actually I am blaming Mannh because of the dumpster I saw all season where QBs were made to look like All Pros. Also the last 3 games were about as bad of a defensive performance as I have have seen.

Of course Manny succeeds wherever he goes so I should know my place I get it. What are you going to say when it happens again next year? I hope I am wrong man do I hope so. I am not betting on it however.

Richt spent 15 years at UGA, with the majority of his recruiting taking place in that state.........meaning, with the way Jess is worshipped in that state, Richt heard Jess's name from recruits, local high school coaches, parents, college coaches etc....,That carries a lot of weight, not to mention his own interactions with him.

When Richt took the job at our beloved U in 2015, Jess was still in the high school ranks. Since then, Dan Queen brought him to the NFL, specifically focusing on the D-Line. This, coupled with the aforementioned,....The. Hire. Is. Not. Happenstance!

Advertisement
In all seriousness… Very comparable resume to his… Chad Morris. The current head coach at Arkansas. He had a similar win percentage as a high school head coach… Went on to be an offensive coordinator At Tulsa for one year then on to Clemson for a few years. Followed by a brief stint as a HC at SMU.. now he’s a head coach in the SEC.

People were actually calling for him to get the head coaching job at Georgia State and even had his name thrown around as a replacement at Georgia Tech. The dude made bank to coach high school football… So much money that it would be impossible For him to get in on a staff at a small school. I highly doubt we are the first D1 school to come calling we’re just the first to make it work

Adding to jacks post about money, is that Simpson made $174,000 annually at Buford High School.

Who were the other candidates? Can we confirm they interviewed or even had legit interest?

Richt said there were a ton of interest. Don't know if that was just coach talk or if there were legitimate interest from multiple DL coaches.

I went this morning from WHO? to now .... I like this hire, might be a HR in the making. With the stability in our coaching staff and headways in South Florida recruiting for 19 and 20, this is the perfect year to take on someone like Simpson.

Advertisement
Face it:Nobody wants to come here Don’t understand it, really. Nice area, good weather, upgraded facilities, and HC is an established winner. Think a lot of these coaches are hayseed racists.

Advertisement
Get the f outta here, a high school coach made $174k a year? How do know? That is insane if true.

Go Canes

Fairly common. My high school coach was pulling down 6 figures in Western PA years ago and all he did was supervise in-school suspension during school hours and Pennsylvania is no longer even close to on par with Georgia in the high school hotbed race.

Advertisement
Back