SIAP JESS SIMPSON EXPECTED TO BE MIAMI'S NEW DL COACH

sitzee

Freshman
https://247sports.com/college/miami...Hurricanes-new-defensive-line-coach-115654325

It's being reported on the other site by Andrew Ivins that Jess Simpson will be the New Defensive Line Coach.

Simpson is billed as one of the most successful coaches in Georgia prep football history. He was the head coach at Buford High for 12 seasons and won seven state titles. The Auburn graduate spent the 2016 season as Georgia State's defensive line/assistant head coach.

Advertisement
Looks like a D-lineman to me
jessica-simpson-d.jpg

Advertisement
I'm sure he can be a very good coach

Only question I have is if he can bring us top tier DTs

If we just hire another guy who can't recruit, it's a complete wash

Georgia produces DTs specifically, so why not get the guy who’s highly praised and respected in Georgia. Doubt coaches will play games with him.

I got the feeling this guy was brought in mainly for recruiting based on his pedigree. Looks like his background is predominantly at the high school level.

Advertisement
Initially, it's a downgrade. No question about it. No track record of recruiting acumen to go by and not even close to the development chops of Kul. Could he turn into a great coach? Sure. But this is several step backwards on the hoof. We can't seem to attract top, established talent on the trail or on our defensive coaching staff. This guy has 1 year at the college level at Georgia Southern. Our entire defensive staff is the D-League of coaches. Hope he becomes our best coach, but this is not impressive or inspiring much confidence.

I'd be much better with this hire if we can now go back and not hire Patke and bring someone with real experience anywhere on the D side of the ball. This just makes the Patke hire that much worse.

I got the feeling this guy was brought in mainly for recruiting based on his pedigree. Looks like his background is predominantly at the high school level.
Ironically, the high school level is where we get most of our talent. I don’t know if this is a great hire or not, but if Richt wants someone to help
Recruit Georgia, it might be a great hire. Time will tell.

Advertisement
If this dude has recruiting juice, then it's a homerun hire. Rick wanted to return UGA's favor of raiding S. FL for recruits. Simpson is a legend in GA HS football. If he can parlay that status into landing some bigtime GA recruits, then this is a big hire for us.

I'm not one who believes that position coaches have any magic pixie dust. Get great players, and they look like great position coaches. Dan Quinn thought this guy was a star and had his eye on him for years. Quinn knows defensive football.

For some reason my gut tells me this will end up being a really good hire.

In saying that, @WhatTheHell is Richt thinking hiring Penske? You can't hire Jessica Simpson, Penske, Bartender, RumF & Lil Jon on the same staph. That's FIVE first time position coaches. Amateur hour.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back