SIAP JESS SIMPSON EXPECTED TO BE MIAMI'S NEW DL COACH

you think because a guy is coaching dL in the nfl its impossible for him to go back to college.
Yeah people were making it out to seem he was THE DL coach and that Dan Quinn hand selected him.

Yeah and more than one player coaches dl in college too, thats what we have grad assistants for. whats your point? Doesn't make the ASSISTANT a definite quality hire.

Dan Quinn did hand select him if you actually did any research. Not only did Simpson work with the defensive line everyday with the Falcons, he also helped with the defensive installs. Quinn isn't having idiots work on defensive installs for an NFL team. Furthermore, Quinn had him studying different pass protections in the NFL, which i would assume was to increase Simpsons' knowledge on how to better attack offensive lines. Quinn and Manuel (The Falcons' DC) both were impressed with Simpson but you aren't lol.

Advertisement
He was coaching the DL and Dan Quinn did hand select him.

What’s your next bltch bullet point?
lol i guess you don't like hearing the truth. everyone here has been making it seem like he was THE DL coach.
I'm pointing out he wasnt. guess you don't like the truth. And the truth is this wasn't as great as people have been initially making it out to be. as if Simpson was THE guy at DL on the Falcons.

Like I said, I hope this will be a good hire, and I like it better than the Patke hire, but i don't think this is an out of the park hire or anything.

lol i guess you don't like hearing the truth. everyone here has been making it seem like he was THE DL coach.
I'm pointing out he wasnt. guess you don't like the truth. And the truth is this wasn't as great as people have been initially making it out to be. as if Simpson was THE guy at DL on the Falcons.

Like I said, I hope this will be a good hire, and I like it better than the Patke hire, but i don't think this is an out of the park hire or anything.

Nobody but your dumbass thought it was the head Dline coach of the falcons.

Advertisement
I'm missing our regular season win streak, back when you wouldn't post. I wonder why that was . . .

I like how you created something that isn't true. You can easily check my post history. It is kind of sad that you stalk me and can't get it right but I am honored to have a fan.

Side note: How does the post you responded to connect to your false fantasy above?

Last edited:

Like I said, I hope this will be a good hire, and I like it better than the Patke hire, but I actually don't know **** I just act like I do.

FIFY

Dude, I got your MO. It is mostly negative, but you do make things interesting. As always, you and I can disagree. But in the end you cannot say that Patke isn't qualified to be promote as the "outside linebacker" coach. Could we have hired more experienced guys? Absolutely. But Richt and Diaz knew who they wanted. Quite candidly neither you nor I have any clue if he will be successful, but he has 4 years of experience with Diaz's system. Neither you nor I have any clue whether Patke had any interest other than being at Miami with Diaz. Wasn't crazy about the hire, but I understand why in the bigger scheme of things.

As for Jon Richt, he is pulling his weight in recruiting and he is doing the grunt work. My sense he is very, very close with his father and probably wants to stay at Miami since he has a young family. Again, with the younger Richt, it is about results and he is getting them on the recruiting scene. I have no issue whatsoever with the younger Richt. Now if he ever becomes OC then yes I'd have a huge problem.

Partridge nor Patrick it appears were available. Neither Rocker nor Grimes were probably going to leave the SEC. I'm intrigue by this hire. There is some risk here obviously, but there is also a lot of upside.

You are obviously a blind homer
In your head, did that sound like a chit porst? Because it was a chit porst. Good stuff.

chit porsts are for porsters who are full of chit. That is the only thing it sounded like in my head.

Advertisement
Guy compiled a 164-12 record while coaching less than an hour drive from Athens.

Because of that I’d assume CMR has had a ton of interaction with Simpson and likely recruited a ton of his guys. That means he’s worked with him personally and seen what he can do as far as player development.

If after that he feels like he’s a great fit here then it’s very hard for me to question the hire.

Advertisement
Have lived in GA all my life and have been Canes fan during that same span. Never posted until now but I felt now would be a good time as the topic is relevant to my area.
I do not think it is confirmed yet but I certainly hope the news on Jess Simpson is true. This man might be the best kept secret in college football. Dan Quinn (Falcons) hired him from High School for a reason. Jess has some ridiculous number of state championships in GA and still holds the record of consecutive wins in GA. More importantly, the guy flat out knows how to coach linemen. We have a lot of great coaches but this might be the best hire other than Mark Richt himself.
I really hope this is confirmed.

Hiring Jess gives Miami more relevance in the state of GA, this guy is a legend in the state of GA at the HS level!!! Why not bring a coach in with those type of ties in the state.. This coach can basically go at any school in GA and sit down with the staff there and they will respect him, that alone is a big WIN for Miami recruiting!! Now he might not, be smash hit in the state of FL BUT trust me "coaches in the state of FL" knows who he is!!

Richt needed someone else to help recruit the state of GA, so he hired someone with some GA ties!! This guy is coming from the NFL ranks to be an assistant here, so at least we know he has experience of coaching at a very high level..

Questioning the hire doesn't mean Simpson will be a failure ... Just like praising it won't make him a success.

But anyway you slice it, this ain't a obvious slam dunk.

Kirby Smart just replaced his DL coach last year ... And Simpson was available. He hired Tray Scott.

Jeremy Pruitt hired Tracey Rocker to coach his DL at Tennesee ... And Simpson was available.

Nick Saban could have had Simpson, but chose the guy we already had doing the job.

What does CMR see that nobody else, other than Shawn Elliott, saw??

Being cautiously optimistic about Simpson is a reasonable position to take.

Thinking this is some coup hire is being overly optimistic, IMO.

Advertisement
I like the hire. We need a guy who knows how to relate to HS kids, has recruiting connections in GA and can coach with fire. His HS career speaks for itself, he played college ball and he coached for a very good DC/HC in Dan Quinn.

I agree.. His connections in the state of GA should be a big WIN for our Canes!! I'm not sure what type of talent his former HS produces BUT him being a coach here at Miami should definitely help Miami with any D1 caliber prospects..

Advertisement
Back